• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger is back

the_vipers_enigma

Pre-Show Stalwart
As you all know Jack Sagger returned last night and by the looks of it he is getting a push. By the looks of it Swagger will be in the elimination chamber match to determine the new number one contender for the WHC. Swagger had a very good match with Kofi Kingston in witch match he showed very good WRESTLING. I don't believe he will win the chamber but if his push continues I do see a WHC reign in the near future. So what do you think ?

I'm banking on him being built up in the back ground while Ziggler cashes in his MiTB and begins his reign as champ. I see Ziggler prolly fueding with ADR, Orton, and Sheamus and then, if all goes well with his push, I see Swagger coming up as a rival to Ziggler. They have the history from their time spent together with Vickie, and from what we saw they both work very well in the ring, so if Swagger can get over on the mic I think we could be in for a very nice fued between the two, I doubt Swagger would win the title from him though unless his push goes far better than I'm expecting.

Swagger had a very good match with Kofi Kingston in witch match he showed very good WRESTLING.

Yes, he did. Technical wrestling has always been his strong point and he can hold his own with anyone.

The problem is: what happened to the re-packaging we were supposed to see after his lengthy absence? I thought there were going to be some big improvements. Instead, he's changed his hairstyle and grown a pot belly, which is most unsightly. Aside from that, I didn't see anything different.

And still, the guy has the charisma of a paper napkin. They can make use of him; a good ring worker can always find something to do if the writers are creating good stuff for him, but I confess to some disappointment; I was looking forward to the changes I thought were coming.

Id much rather he came back as a face during one of Cesaro's rants about beating all the Americans. Have him come back waving an American flag, defeat Cesaro in a non title match cleanly with the ankle lock and bam you have some sort of investment.

He's back and not a moment to soon. Swagger should be one of the biggest star in the company by now, why he isn't just shows the ineptitude of the WWE booking committee.

Obviously the WHC was thrown on him years before it should've been, but he ran with it and had one of the most underrated title reigns of recent years. He also played his role perfectly during that God-Awful Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler feud. He should've turned face during the conclusion of that feud and moved on to be WWE's number #2 babyface.

What will happen to him now? A spot in the Chamber match and then fuck all. I'm calling it.

I have to admit that I mini-marked out when his music hit. I feel that Swagger is under-appreciated and has the potential to be big. His first WHC reign was quite short and uneventful and if WWE intends to give him another run, I'm all for it. There needs to be some kind of character change, though, as he's already pretty stale and only has his look and wrestling skill going for him. No idea where they're going with him and I would've bet on him returning as a face and going for Cesaro. There's still time for that, but by the looks of it, Swags is going to be a heel for a short while at the very least.

A small part of me wants him to win the Chamber match but the chances of that are below average at best.

Also, a crazy suggestion: how about Paul Heyman as a mouthpiece? It's unlikely but would help him out, what with his ''meh'' mic skills.

If Swaggar is going to be pushed he either has to win the elimination chamber match or be dominate in it have him be one of the 1st 2 in it and be the last eliminated with having him eliminate at least 3 guys or his return is a waste.

I disliked his return. I was really hoping he would return as a face, giving us something different to what we have seen before. He was getting stale before he left and I'm sure little will change. His acting was awful on Smackdown. He was trying to be intense and intimidating and it failed.

I would love if Ziggler and Swagger were to feud. They already have a background and I actually had hope Swagger would win the Royal Rumble and set their match at mania. Unfortunately, this wasn't to be but I still think there is something there.

I don't see him winning the chamber but i'm sure he will have a terrific showing. I'm interested in seeing what they do with him at Mania. Ziggler would be a good option even if it wasn't for the belt but that would mean him turning face and the WWE are too lazy for that.

I'm glad that Swagger is back. He should be a multi time World Champion by now, although WWE's booking him horrendously has not done him any favors. Going from being the World Heavyweight Champion to managing Michael Cole (which really should have been the other way around) or being overshadowed by Ziggler in their tag team, to doing absolutely nothing, is not the path that Swagger should have been on. It's good that he has returned.

What I'd LIKE to see happen is that they attempt a face run with him. There is a perfect feud opportunity in a face Swagger as the "All American American United States Champion Champion" if he defeats Cesaro during his whole dislike of Americans angle. Then we'd see a lengthy feud with Swagger gaining momentum and fan support while Cesaro complains in each of his languages to get heel heat and try to win the belt back. It would be a rather interesting angle if done well and we haven't had a United States Championship match at Wrestlemania for a while so that's a possibility for these two.

Then there's what probably WILL happen instead. Swagger's been booked worse than just about anyone in recent years. He might get put in the Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship and compete in this year's Money In the Bank match(es) but that's it. Due to how he has been booked for the past 3 years or so I just cannot possibly see anything changing now. As much as I'd like to see him win both the United States and World Heavyweight Championships again I do not see that happening. If anything, he might get even worse treatment. I really hope not.

Last night, Jack Swagger showed exactly why WWE has kept him on the roster for so long: the man can flat out wrestle and wrestle well with damn near anybody.

I've always enjoyed watching Swagger in the ring and if last night is any indication, he's going to be portrayed in a much more serious & aggressive light. If that's true, then I'm all for it. His match against Kofi last night was great and it was just an overall strong return for Swagger in my eyes. It wasn't a big epic return or anything but, then again, Swagger has never been a big epic star.

WWE started fresh with Swagger last night, so let's hope they keep it going.

I am happy that Swags is back. That man is super ultra talented and can flat out wrestle anyone on the roster cept maybe punk and bryan. It is a crime that he is not a multiple world champion by now. Yah he put on a few pounds but so the hell cares. He can still wrestle circles around most of the roster. WWE has not booked this guy the right way in his career.

Managing michael cole during that god awful and IMO distasteful feud with jerry lawler. Cole should have managed Swags. Jack is not a babyface dont pretend WWE he is make a heel. He is a natural heel. True he doesnt have the best charisma there is his lisp doesnt help him. I think he should just destroy people say nothing and let his ability do the talking for him.

It's still just Jack Swagger. He was a great wrestler before his hiatus, so it's not as if he's made a Chris Masters-like turnaround there. I was hoping for something fresher to his character. A face turn, as many have said, would've been more exciting. What he's arrived as fails to impress me. Like I said, it's still just Jack Swagger. The longer hair and stubble don't make me forget what a goon he was when he was last around. Hopefully his performances do.

I'm disappointed at their decision to not turn him face. I enjoy Jack Swagger as a wrestler, more specifically, his ECW character was golden for me. But his persona is quite stale and it's nothing new from other arrogant heels, except this one has a lisp and calls himself "The All American-American". Had they turned him face, I like many was hoping they'd let him feud with Antonio Cesaro in a patriotic quest for the pride of the United States title, alas that is not the case, yet.

Eventually it has to happen. The annoyance last night that he returned as he left was evident and like with most things, WWE will catch on - unless they truly believe somewhere down the line Jack Swagger is going to be the next top bad guy which is highly unlikely. But for what it was, I'm happy to see Jack back on television, just not as a heel.

I still think he should ask for his release and go on to mixed martial arts. With his unique proportions and natural wrestling ability, he could be a force within a couple years.

Why, you ask?

Because he's not a very good professional wrestler, and it's unlikely he ever will be. Yes, he's good, maybe even great, in the ring, but all the other stuff is horrible. And in modern professional wrestling, the other stuff matters far, far more than being a good wrestler.

I was hoping that his hair was longer. That sexy look would've been perfect for Jack. I'm glad he's back though as I marked out for him. I think I'll see him tonight at the live event here :).

Here's to hoping WWE won't screw him up again.

I do not get this at all. Swagger was set up to come back different and he came back pretty much the same guy he was when he left. We have seen the "more aggressive" thing before with other heels (ADR, Miz, Orton) and it always ends up reverting back to the same guy we saw before the "new attitude." This was a chance to breathe fresh life into Swagger and the same guy came back. I hope something develops over the next couple of weeks because I'm not buying it.

On a side note: WHY GOD, WHY IS KHALI STILL BEING BOOKED AS A WHC CONTENDER?

I agree with Jack-Hammer. I don't think people should be so quick to jump all over Swagger's comeback, last night was just the first step for Swagger, the next step is making a huge impression in the Elimination Chamber match. I don't see him winning the Chamber match but I see him dominating in there by eliminating most of the competitors from the match, being one of the final two men, and maybe lasting the longest amount of time in the match. The babyface turn can come after Elimination Chamber and he goes on to take the US Title from Antonio Cesaro at Wrestlemania. They could set up it by having Cesaro as one of the participants in the Chamber match and Swagger eliminating him.

He didn't return yesterday with any real changes made to him, but those changes might occur over the next few weeks. Also, if he had returned as a babyface and he went on to lose the Elimination Chamber, I think that would've looked really bad on him, so it's best to save the face turn after the PPV.

I was really hoping to see Jack Swagger return as a face, but at least he looked great in the ring. His physique wasn't the best, and I still think he will always need a manager, but if this is a new push for the All American American, I'm okay with it. He's been sorely misssed on SmackDown at least from the wrestling side of it. Great match with Kofi and After Ziggler cashes in and runs down the roster with the World Heavyweight Championship, Swagger would be a great opponent to face. The history is already there with Vickie and these two, with the fans enthusiam mind you, could really tear in down and put on some good matches.

Call me crazy, but I sill think WWE has no idea what to do with this guy. They bring him back in a very random and mild way (although Idk how many people were clamoring for his return) and he's basically the same as he was before but with a more punishing style. Thats exactly how they tried to fix Del Rio's heel turn and they ended up just turning him face.

I like Swagger. I never quite got why he was absolutely buried after he beat Ryder for the US title. Swaggers problem is that in the ring, hes great. And I'm not going to go with the typical "his mic work is shit" routine becasue he's honestly not bad. He's just completely unbelievable as a heel when he talks.

Jack Swagger fits absolutely one mold and one mold only. The patriotic face. The All-American American is a perfect face. It astounds me that he is STILL a heel. Like alot of people, I figured they'd put him up against Cesaro. European strongman with the United States title goes against the American wrestler. Build that untli Mania and all of a sudden the US title actually means something

Swagger WILL be a face eventually. The heel thing will never get over for him and WWE will realize that in time. Meanwhile, I predict a strong showing in the Elimination Chamber, good matches every week, and if he stays heel, irrelevant by April

Turn him face and he could feud with Cesaro, Ziggler, Big Show and any other heel

First off, let me start out by stating that I have been a fan of Swagger's since his WWE debut. He is a fantastic wrestler, always seems to have good matches & is one of the most solid mid-carders WWE has, much better than a majority of the mid-carders & other lower level guys IMO.

Now with that being said, I stated on WZ forums right when Swagger was released that without some changes, it looks as though Jack Swagger has accomplished most everything that he was capable of achieveing & while I still find him entertaing & one of the best mid-carders, without some alterations to the Jack Swagger gimmick what else would he do once he returned besides occasionally drift in or out of a mid-card title picture at best?

But while I'm going to remain optimistic since Swagger seems like he might be getting a small push & I'm looking forward to seeing Swagger in his first Elimination Chamber match, I don't think WWE has any "big plans" for Swagger, I don't think WWE has faith in him becoming a World Champion again or a Main Event player & I really don't think WWE has any idea (STILL) what they are doing with him. Like a member stated previously, it's still just the same Jack Swagger & re-debuted in a rather lackluster way. I like his slightly new look with the longer hair but nothing else is different & he hasn't seemed to improve or alter the Jack Swagger character on any levels.

Maybe if Swagger is officially in the Chamber match he will get some time to truely shine & impress the right people so that he get's a solid push & hopefully evolves as a performer.

...that being said, Drew McIntyre had probably his best WWE match inside the Chamber & apparently all that got him was playing air sitar with Jinder Mahal.

I guess I'll be the first here to say that I don't really care for Jack Swagger. His wrestling ability is great, thats not in question. He could be a 10 time world champ and he still wouldn't make me want to watch because his character is just stupid, he looks like an idiot when he tries to look intimidating, his music is absolutely awful for his character...I just can't stand the guy.

Put a mask on him and don't let him talk or something. I don't even know.

I don't see Swagger as needing to be heel or face. He's legit. I don't think he needs to talk. I think he needs to be intense, be given the chance to showcase his in-ring talent, and needs to win consistently. His character just needs to be about competition, if he's competing against faces he could be taken as a heel, if against heels he could get cheered. Keep him legit by keeping him out of run-ins, alliances (especially with ring announcers), and NEVER have guys like Santino presented as legitimate threats to him. I think if he's pushed consistently and allowed to have quality matches he can get over to the point of being respected beyond being heel or face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back