• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've never been this upset in my entire life...

AnthonyMango/NoFate007

A Post Is Worth A Thousand Words
We just had to put down our 12 year old lab, Brandy, today...after visiting my grandmom in the hospital.

I couldn't bring myself to say "yes" when they asked if they wanted us to euthanize her. If I did, I think I would hate myself forever. I already hate myself for not being able to do something to fix it, even though I know there's nothing I could've done.

Every day, 12 years, this dog and I were close. I loved her with all my heart. She was such an intelligent, well behaved, loving dog its unbelievable. Not a soul out there that met her didn't fall in love with her.

I was with her when they gave her the first shot to put her to sleep, but I couldn't stay to watch them give her the second shot.

And now when I came home and she wasn't at the front door waiting, and I wasn't able to reach down and pet her head.....

I don't know why I'm posting this. None of you guys really know me outside of being a wrestling fan that writes really long posts. I just feel so empty.

I don't know...

Nothing less enjoyable that I've experienced, my friend. I have a similar story, but I'll spare you it. Thoughts are with you.

I may not know you but I know exactly what your going through. The same thing happened to me not to long ago and i felt and still do feel exaclty like you described. We had to put my 4 1/2 year old pug to sleep. I slept with her every night and I walked her at least 3 times a day for over 4 years.

True. It was for the best. Sorry to hear about it though mate.

Hope you're ok.

Not going to lie, but losing a pet is insanely difficult and I don't understand why. If you think about it, most of the time we take them completely for granted...

My bad, mayne.

Got my mom to take this picture on my cell phone before they gave her the shot to make her fall asleep.

n1465322979_129008_3012.jpg

Last kiss on the head while she was awake I could give her.

I appreciate it, guys. More than you could imagine. This is so tough..

I'm sorry for you loss, man. I have two dogs who are both over ten years old now and I don't know what I'm going to do when their time comes.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

NoFate, I feel for ya man. Losing a pet is terrible. I also have a labrabor and she's getting to about 9 years old now. Without her, my life would be so empty. Stay strong my friend.

sorry to here that no fate. i no how you feel i had to put my dog down last year. i will be here for you when ever you need it.

I know you dont want to hear this but it was probably the best thing for the dog. Knowing that made me feel alot better when my first pet died a few years back. My thoughts are with you.

Got my mom to take this picture on my cell phone before they gave her the shot to make her fall asleep.

n1465322979_129008_3012.jpg

Last kiss on the head while she was awake I could give her.

I appreciate it, guys. More than you could imagine. This is so tough..

Aw that is so cute babe. I know how tough it must be for you. I'm here if you need anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back