I've decided to try my hand at writing

Screw that, Bond novels and movies did not get read and watched because of their historical accuracy. Plus, once you have a vampire realism is out the window.

I'm no more than an amateur, so take my advice for what's it worth. These are general guidelines to live by when writing:

1. Write every day, within set time periods. Rhythm helps.
2. Don't stop writing. Writer's block? Ignore it. Write something. Anything. Maybe vampire spy enters a bar and you don't know where oto go. Write about him breaking into song. Just keep the creative juices flowing. Don't stop until you've filled your day's quota.
3. Set aside time every day to edit as well. When I was writing over the summer, I wrote in the mornings, edited in the evenings, for example.
4. Your first efforts will probably be shit. Don't worry about it. Hemingway's first tries were shit too. Just recognize why they were shit, and make it better next time.
5. Read. Read everything and anything. Read great books to learn how they did it. Read shitty books to know what not to do. Read nonfiction to give your books realism.
6. Let people read it. Even if you're embarrassed. If you have to start with your mom, because she can't be mean to you, it's okay, but work up to other people. People reading it is important. They'll give you critical feedback.
7. Don't be overambitious on your first time. You're probably not going to write the great American novel on trial 1. Start small. Short stories and so forth.
8. Some people recommend outlining a story before you write it but I'm not always thrilled with this. Don't make it too detailed, anyway, and if you feel strongly toward changing it, do so. It is helpful to have a guide to remind you where you're going.

Anyway, that's what I've got. Again, grain of salt, I only really spent one summer doing much writing, but I felt pretty good about following these guidelines generally.

Screw that, Bond novels and movies did not get read and watched because of their historical accuracy. Plus, once you have a vampire realism is out the window.
historical fiction (which is what I'm hoping to end up with) has a little bit of historical accuracy even if it's just names. The book cover I posted has a vampire and is historical accurate

I've always wanted to try my hand at it and I just come up with what I think is a pretty good idea.

The main character is going to be a vampire spy and it's going to take place during a crucial time during the cold war, I'm thinking the Cuban Missile Crisis or the Bay of Pigs Invasion.

I know we have people that know a lot more about writing than me so any advice would be appreciated

Heres my try at writing (more specificly poetry)
There once was a man who was all alone
So he signed up for Wrestlezone
Milenko was born, but mostly disguarded
He would soon be broken hearted

For he was to learn
That respect was to be earned
So he tried to get noticed, but that didn't work
Through the bar room, he quickly became a jerk

He posted and ultimately failed
And got his ass thrown in jail
While in prison he slowly become famous
But ultimately left with a gaping anus

After jail, he didn't know what to do
So he became hyourinmaru
Now he's a Wiccan, whatever that is
And that’s where this part of his wrestlezone story ends

This gingers new start has just begun
And there is definitely more to come
This poem and you have something in common
It will be underrated and always forgotten.

Why write something if you didn't want people to read it? more importantly why would you tell us you're writing something if you don't want us to read it?
I want people to read it I'm just not going to let any of you see it while I'm writing it because people here are jackals and have proven they will tear down anything I do for no reason

I want people to read it I'm just not going to let any of you see it while I'm writing it because people here are jackals and have proven they will tear down anything I do for no reason

If it was actually good I would compliment you on it, but you're basing a book off of a character idea which 95% of the time ends in disaster. Google "My Immortal" and see why

You honestly came in going "I'm thinking of writing, here's a recipe for brooding, all I have is one character and a premise" when if you're focusing on vampire spy you're probably going to make him overcome fucking everything

Without sounding like a jackal, your idea sounds like you put a bunch of random ideas on a dartboard & the darts landed on "cold war" "spy" and "vampire"

Heres my try at writing (more specificly poetry)
There once was a man who was all alone
So he signed up for Wrestlezone
Milenko was born, but mostly disguarded
He would soon be broken hearted

For he was to learn
That respect was to be earned
So he tried to get noticed, but that didn't work
Through the bar room, he quickly became a jerk

He posted and ultimately failed
And got his ass thrown in jail
While in prison he slowly become famous
But ultimately left with a gaping anus

After jail, he didn't know what to do
So he became hyourinmaru
Now he's a Wiccan, whatever that is
And that’s where this part of his wrestlezone story ends

This gingers new start has just begun
And there is definitely more to come
This poem and you have something in common
It will be underrated and always forgotten.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

He's not Russian
Did you even start on it, Mil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back