• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ITT, I Tell You Things You Should Never Say To Your Wife

You know what appeals to a Kentucky guy? Child bearing hips and a keen sense of knowing when things need washed or cleaned in the house.

Oh, and don't forget taking a good punch.

Daron Acemoğlu;4620933 said:
Me: Well, for the past five or so years, I've always enjoyed going to the weddings of those ex-girlfriends with whom I had maintained a cordial relationship. I enjoyed going to these weddings because, while the bride walked down the aisle, I'd totally gloat over the fact that I had done some extremely nasty things to the poor groom's wife-to-be.

I can't see the upside to this. At all. I can understand your POV on the Redskins, I'm similar with the Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins all. But this one?

Perhaps that's taking the idea of being honest at all times too literally.

You got off easy.
Im not a dog, you dont tell me to go sleep in another room..

More than once, I've pissed my wife off so that she's requested I sleep elsewhere, but she's never ordered me to vacate the bedroom.

It's the type of thing a person doesn't really do or say, but tells people on the internet that they do because it makes them seem more scuzzy than they really are.

More than once, I've pissed my wife off so that she's requested I sleep elsewhere, but she's never ordered me to vacate the bedroom.

Most of the late night fights I have with my wife are over the topic of her wanting to talk and me just wanting to go to sleep. If she were to kick me out, it would basically be letting me win.

On that note, we just finished setting up the bed in the guest bedroom of our new house - queen sized, pillow top mattress. The guest bedroom also has a TV set up in it. My five year old daughter crawled in to bed with us at three in the morning last night. Instead of kicking out my kid, I quickly volunteered to head to the extra bedroom. Best half night of sleep I've had in a long time.

I'm not saying I'm going to start picking fights with my wife every time I want a great night sleep. That's not the way to keep a healthy marriage. But if things get heated I may be a little bit more likely to find an alternative resting place for the night.

#somewhatchildish

Tell me something, for someone who hasn't been married but had a horrid time in a short term live-in relationship, what is my impetus to get married?

It's the type of thing a person doesn't really do or say, but tells people on the internet that they do because it makes them seem more scuzzy than they really are.

OK

Like butt stuff?

It's pretty clear that he thinks I'm just making shit up.

Tell me something, for someone who hasn't been married but had a horrid time in a short term live-in relationship, what is my impetus to get married?

Getting married is rarely rational, at least within the Western world. Within a month of dating someone, you'll know within your heart if they're someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Mind you, I don't believe in "the one." Including my wife, I've had four serious relationships. You never really think your first serious relationship is going to end, but, in hindsight, there were plenty of signs that it was doomed. I knew the third relationship would eventually end, but, had things worked out differently, I could have had just as fulfilling a marriage with my second girlfriend. It would have been very different from the marriage I have now, but it still would have been fulfilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back