• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's time to turn the UN into something that the world can recognize.

One Punch Doug Crashin

I AM INVINSIBLE!
The UN has become a joke. Plain and simple. They are the most corrupt organization in the world from UNICEF to the Oil For Food program for Iraq and now Iran and North Korea. Ladies and gentlemen it is time for the UN to dissolve. None of the current regimes recognize the authority of the UN since the Iraq/Afghanistan War to the Palestinian Israeli Conflict to Africa etc. My Question is this: What would YOU do to turn this failed organization into, or do you just leave it to the world itself?

It's simply like the League Of Nations before it, run mainly by certain countries who have more influence than others (namely the USA) the UN seems to side with a particular side while trying to not look as if they are.

In all honesty I would say let the countries involved sort out their problems on their own but that's harsh especially when people get hurt in these arguements. I'd try and get representitives of each country to sit down and talk about what the problem is and how they can peacefully resume it without intereference from other countries.

You're right Alex, it's exactly like the League of Nations. It really doesn't matter though. If the UN dies, it'll just be replaced by another pointless organization with no power or say in any matter anywhere. Just save everyone the trouble and money and let them play their little game and have their little get-togethers.

It does as well as it can. How else are you going to do it? Give them an international police force that can invade and police people? They're not America, and no one is going to give up sovereign rights to allow the U.N. the authority to police them.

Seriously Doug. If you want to give me a thread to "fix" the UN then please, by all means, give me a way to do it.

Because baring giving them international jurisdiction and absolute right to enforce international laws, they can do nothing else. The only way to make the UN into something "credible to the world" is by either

A) Give them troops

or

B) Get people to actually listen.

All they can do is embargo. To ask for anything else is to ask for countries to relinquish sovereignty, and that will never happen.

UN = Perpetual joke that spends billions on reports that no one reads. And it shall always stay that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back