• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Its time for TNA to be sold!

DML960

Dark Match Jobber
Im sorry if this thread has already been made. I havent watched TNA lately because it sucks! It was good in the early years when the X-Division meant something. Now Abyss is the champion? 95 % of the roster is in a stable, they got like 12 wrestlers over the age of 40, maybe more. All they do is take WWE's scraps...I know im stating the oblvious but its time Vince bought them out. I know Vince thinks competition is good but lets face it this isnt even competition. If TNA was bought out by WWE, that would give ROH a chance to get a tv deal and maybe be competitive. TNA is now behind ROH...Oh and when is this Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle feud going to end. It got boring 4 months ago time for a change.

wrong. Clearly u are a huge wwe mark.
Tna doesnt need to get bought out. They need to fire their writers, but honestly WWE needs to do the same thing. Talent is talent. The writing is what hurts the product. TNA has a good fan base otherwise we wouldnt read so much about them on this page. ROH? are u serious dude? WHEN has wrestlezone ever so much as recognize ROH?

Abyss is Champion? Really? Last time I watched, it was Sting.

Now to reply to your thread. Should TNA sell? Hmmmmmm.......I guess that I am hopeful that they will still turn things around. They have changed a lot in the past two years. They got rid of the 6-sided ring (which I don't agree with), re-branded, re-logoed, hired Hogan, Bitchoff, and got Dixie off TV.

They just haven't focused on the problem. You are right about one thing. The x-division did make them interesting. And the womens division is waaaaay better than the WWE's divas. They have many stars in the locker room but continue to push the older guys from other promotions.

IMO they should of had the younger guys go over the older stars from the beginning. It would make the impression that the better wrestlers are in TNA. I bet you money that the locker room dictates the story line on most days though.

How many of us in the IWC are giant marks for people like Styles, Daniels, Abyss, MCM, etc. They are all TNA originals!

Now should TNA sell their promotion? NO! They should hire me! Hahahaha

so completely off base on that one!! I haven't watched WWE in years, and don't miss it at all. And now that they have turned there back on being a "wrestling" company is just a crying shame, and a slap in the face of every wrestler that ever competed there! I am so glad "wrestling matters" again, cause it has always mattered to me, maybe we can start a new thread...... Is it time for WWE to stop using a wrestling ring and turn into a full out costume party? Maybe that's what they can do, dance around in costumes, I mean c'mon extreme expose worked didn't it? they built an entire show around it? when and where is ECW on?

congrats, dumbest thread today. why in the hell should TNA be bought out by WWE, how would that possibly help the business? because it really helped the business the last time WWE bought out the number two promotion in America. While I'm not saying TNA is WCW or near the same level WCW is, but when are people going to learn that WWE buying other promotions is not good for the business, it isn't good for the talent, it isn't good for the fans, it's only good for the WWE.

Tna dosn't even exist anymore it's called Ipmact Wrestling Dumbass. Also why would selling them selfs help ? It's a known fact Vince hate's anyone from another Company just look at Goldberg. Sting also wants nothing to do with WWE.

Dixie Carter also wants to compete with WWE so why the hell Sell it, how would that help anyone ?

Lemme get this straight...

Because you don't like what TNA has become now that they're no longer your own personal little glorified indie company that only you and all your little butt buddies knew about, and despite the fact that they've met consistent ratings north of 1.0—which are the highest ratings their U.S. television provider garners—have a loyal following of over 1,500,000 viewers for any given week, are the only viable alternative to WWE programming and despite numerous reports from direct sources within the company (Jarrett most recently) citing they're turning a profit, they should just pack their bags and sell to Vince McMahon, right? I mean fuck logic — what about me? What about the selfish internet mark who isn't happy with what he sees?! Boy would Raven be proud of you...

Go away, you gnat. Isn't there some WWE fluffer thread where you're services are required?

Abyss is X Divison champion last time i check not world champion...and this isnt a WWE thread it wass a TNA thread. my main point in this was that ROH is a better company then TNA now and they deserve a tv deal. Hogan and Bischoff have done nothing to help ratings. TNA can turn things around if they delelop new talent. I agree that its the writers fault i should have pointed that out and WWE has horrible writers too. There X Division needs to be the main things for them. its wht got them in tv in the first place

how do you know there making a profit? Look whos on there pay roll...Kurt Angle, Sting, Mick Foley, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jarrett and people who dont even wrestle Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair. Get rid of all the senior citizens and bring back wrestling.

There is a general complaints thread stickied for this type of BS!!!!

First TNA doesn't "suck", you just don't prefer it(and you obviously aren't very inteligent so what you prefer is probably garbage).
Second Abyss is the X-division champ, and it is part of a storyline designed to eventually put that division over heading into Destination-X.
Third, please break down the entire roster and list who is and isn't in stables, and how you arrived at your very impressive 95% figure :rolleyes: - I'd be interested in seeing that.
Next, who are these 12(or more) active roster members over 40, and can you explain how there age is hurting the product??
Then- If TNA brings in every random WWE releasee, than where are the Carlito's and MVP's of the world?? TNA brings in guys like Ken Anderson and Matt Hardy who can help the product(despite how many people were against the Hardy signing, he has been motivated and made a good showing for himself).
Next, AGAIN- in what ways is "TNA now behind ROH"??? If it is by popularity than no. Viewership? No. Revenue? No. Recognizability?? No. Quality of the wrestling happening in the ring?? Of course, but so is WWE(and by a much wider margin behind than TNA I might add).
Finally- The Angle/Jarret fued isn't designed to appeal to the no-attention span audience that the current entertainment landscape has created. It is a more classicly built and traditional wrestling feud. Go back and look at other fueds built on equally personal story-arches and see how long they lasted. The matches have all been solid and Jeff has done very, very good heel work throughout the whole duration of the angle. Not to mention that it gives them a logiacal reason to keep Kurt out of the world title picture for a while, allowing others to share the spotlight until this fued ends(In all likelihood at Slammiversary).

Some people should be drowned and put out of there own misery :)

i stopped reading at "I havent watched TNA lately because it sucks!". that told me all i needed to know..i think raw sucks but i watch it cause im a wrestling fan.also when ever i say it sucks at least i watch it to know that it sucks.you are simply saying it sucks yet you dont watch.i find that to be the case most the time.many will say i don't watch tna it sucks.how would you know it sucks unless you watch??

Im sorry if this thread has already been made.

Not sorry enough, though, to spare us this unoriginal and worthless bitching. Sadly, this was the only worthwhile part of your entire post.

I havent watched TNA lately because it sucks!

We don't give a fuck what you watch.

It was good in the early years when the X-Division meant something. Now Abyss is the champion?

Abyss is the champion right now as part of an angle to make the X-Division matter again. Someone, probably Kazarian, is going to take the monster down and the division will be reborn. See what helpful things we learn when we actually watch shows before we complain about them?

95 % of the roster is in a stable

Not only are you unoriginal and lame, but you also suck at math.

they got like 12 wrestlers over the age of 40, maybe more.

Okay, percentages aren't the easiest type of math. But this is pure addition, bro. You REALLY suck at this.

All they do is take WWE's scraps...

So let's say a bank employee gets let go by his employer. He's probably going to apply to other banks, right? Last time I checked, there weren't that many places for wrestlers to find work. Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson should just start working at Home Depot because thing didn't work out with the WWE? And TNA shouldn't hire them because they worked for the WWE? Where's the logic in that?

Oh, and funny trivia... Mickie James is the only current TNA Champion to have ever worked for the WWE. Isn't that interesting?

I know im stating the oblvious but its time Vince bought them out. I know Vince thinks competition is good but lets face it this isnt even competition.

The only thing obvious here is your lack of insight and intelligence.

So it's wrong for TNA to hire ex-WWE employees, but it's okay for Vince to gobble up every wrestler on the planet? And when the next company comes along and is looking for guys, are you going to bash them too for hiring ex-WWE people? You can't have it both ways. If Vince is going to monopolize wrestling the way he did with WCW and ECW, then hiring ex-WWE people is going to be unavoidable.

If TNA was bought out by WWE, that would give ROH a chance to get a tv deal and maybe be competitive.

Right now there are more TV networks out there than there are worthwhile shows to air. If ROH was ready for a deal then they could get one. ECW managed to get a deal back when RAW, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, and Sunday Night Heat were all on the air.

Why even say this shit if you have no idea what you're talking about, bro? It must suck having people call you an idiot all the time.

TNA is now behind ROH...

In what? They have more mainstream exposure, more marketable talent, and bring in more money. There might be a local cafe in your town that makes a better cheeseburger than McDonald's, but I doubt the CEO of McDonald's is crying about that when he looks at his financial reports.

Oh and when is this Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle feud going to end. It got boring 4 months ago time for a change.

True, but at least it was interesting for a while. Your post certainly wasn't.

Congratulations on starting the one millionth "I hate TNA (even though I don't watch it)" thread! If you had been watching lately, you would have seen that they're doing something very interesting with your precious X-Division lately. I won't bother explaining any of it to you, since you obviously don't give a shit...you just want "TNA to be sold", because you're not interested.

Now about wrestlers on the TNA roster that are over 40...where did you come up with the number "12"? The only real "active" guys over 40 are Dreamer, RVD, Sting, Bully Ray, Jarret & Angle. That's six...for you math majors, that's only half of what the OP originally stated. Yes, they also have Hogan, Foley & Flair - but you can't call them "active". Even if you count them, that's only nine guys. Get your facts straight before you start trolling.

Last time I checked, the WWE has plenty of active wrestlers that are over 40, or will be 40 within a year or so. Let's see, there's Kane, Khali, Big Show, Mark Henry, Christian, R-Truth & Kozlov. There's also the wrestlers that are on the roster, but we don't see very often: Undertaker, HHH, Goldust, Chavo Guerrero, William Regal, Jerry Lawler, Booker T & Nash (Lawler, Booker & Nash were all in a WWE ring "wrestling" at least once this year, so if we're going to count Flair, Hogan and/or Foley we should count them as well). Oh I see now!! ...that's where you got the number 12 (or more) from.

Go away, stop starting threads about things you obviously know nothing about. Or maybe, next time you can use this thing called a "search engine" (I think there may be one called "google") to fact-check before you start making things up.

Red rep for the OP! Hooray!

This thread is pathetic along with all of the TNA marks who have posted in it. TNA's product is bad right now but so is WWE's and I feel that the only way that the WWE will attempt to get better is if TNA gets better and actually grow its fanbase past what it's been at for years. TNA doesn't need to be sold it needs a overhaul and I don't mean like that bullshit "wrestling matters'" philosophy. They clearly try to capitalize on anything that WWE does wrong (wrong in their eyes anyway) and they fail every time. They need people a lot more powerful than Panda Energy behind them before they're taken seriously by anyone besides the oblivious fans that by into anything they put on TV. They need new management and a new creative team that actually know how to make people care.

I stopped watching TNA Impact when it stopped making sense. But that's not saying that it sucks. I just lost a ton of interest in it.

Sometimes, when I'm flipping channels, I'll stop on TNA if something seems interesting to me. Like when they had the opening segment where the 30 or so brawls broke out (wasn't too big on that, but that's beside the point), but I liked the interaction that Eric Bischoff had with Brian Kendrick (Bischoff on the mic can be gold at times). I like that he brought up the old credo of the X-Division, about how it wasn't about weight limits but that it was about no limits, and then booked the match with Abyss taking on Kaz (who I think needs to go anyway).

The main issues that I have with TNA is that they continue to do creative so half-assed. You have the Network come into play. Hell, another promotion that was once on the same Network (only with a different name at the time) had The Network. Only, ECW used it as a heel entity and had Don "Cyrus the Virus" Callis as it's mouthpiece. It worked then. It doesn't work now.

The changing of TNA IMPACT! into Impact Wrestling (Where Wrestling Matters) looks like a reactionary thing to World Wrestling Entertainment becoming WWE. Problem is, they spout off about how Wrestling Matters, but when you start the show with a half hour segment and not a wrestling match, that doesn't prove a thing. Sure, they may go to have more wrestling action per episode down the line, but as of right now, it's the same show with a different name and new colors.

I want TNA to succeed. I want TNA to get better numbers that TUF on Spike (probably won't happen, but you never know). I want TNA to get a consistent 2.0 or better rating. As a WWE fan, but more importantly as a wrestling fan, I know that if they were to become competition to WWE, it will cause WWE to raise the bar and get better on their creative end.

But that's not going to happen until 1 thing happens, and it's not Vince McMahon buying the company to just put them out of business. That would be the worst thing that could happen if Ring of Honor doesn't get true national carriage on a network that is available to the masses(WGN anyone?). TNA needs to reinvent itself starting with creative and then working on it's business plan. TNA needs to take it's television show on the road more often than once a year, but they need better creative or else it will be for naught.

I don't think they need to be sold to become a better product. They have come a long way recently. I do think and most TNA fans would agree that their parent company needs to put more money into it. Mainly for better advertising to get more wrestling fans aware of them. They definitely need to get out of the Impact zone also.

It probably wouldn't hurt to get a new head writer. Most complaints I and others I've read have with TNA is Russo's writing style. Even some of the biggest TNA fans on here will say his writing is all over the place and at times hard to follow.

If they did sell I would hope someone other than Vince McMahon buys them. I like WWE and all but he wouldn't keep it as a separate company. As a wrestling fan I know it's important to have competition to WWE. TNA is far behind WWE now but hopefully one day it will be real competition to them. Wrestling as a whole was at it's best when WCW was at it's peak and WWE put on a better show to compete with them.

I don't watch TNA as much anymore. I have been watching them from time to time, but that is due to like someone else said. It doesn't always makes sense. However, they are making attempts to better themselves. I really hate Vince Russo, as I think he is a major part of the problem, but that is my opinion. I am just waiting for the find the title in the crate match, like they did in WCW. I watch WWE every week, but I think TNA can come out of the woods, not like WCW did, but TNA has some great talent!! Right when I am about to give up on TNA, they have a great show, I start watching again, and then It goes to shit. WWE does the same thing. Gets good, then, boom, they shit the bed. It is the fact of life I guess

You have no real argument here, just BS and WWE will never die hud, if it dies Wrestling history dies. I'm not all too impressed with TNA either but I would rather they not sell the company for no apparent reason.

Im sorry if this thread has already been made. I havent watched TNA lately because it sucks!
Wow. There goes your argument. It ran off faster than a bullet. You really gonna argue about something you don't even follow. Are you a man of blind faith? Or is it just blindness? I could say right here and right now that MMA sucks. But since I don't follow the product and I don't understand the fan's point of view, I'll just keep my mouth shut and not make myself look like a blind fool.

It was good in the early years when the X-Division meant something. Now Abyss is the champion?
Yes genius. And if you watched you'd realize it was done to bring back focus to the division.
95 % of the roster is in a stable
Tag teams aren't stables.

, they got like 12 wrestlers over the age of 40,maybe more.
Lemme see... Sting, Kurt Angle, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett... am I missing a wrestler? Actually no I'm not. Who the fuck cares if their over 40? The last 3 Wrestlemania's has had 2 guys over 40 out perform the rest of the WWE roster. You really gonna argue age with the fact indicating it doesn't mean shit?
All they do is take WWE's scraps...I know im stating the oblivious but its time Vince bought them out.
Yeah, I can tell you're oblivious. You have a Master's Degree on Business Ethics or something? What the hell would you know about that? What other lousy excuse are you gonna dish out? TNA sucks because it makes people think of tit's and asses?
I know Vince thinks competition is good
Pfft. As if your argument wasn't dumb enough.

but lets face it this isnt even competition. If TNA was bought out by WWE, that would give ROH a chance to get a tv deal and maybe be competitive. TNA is now behind ROH...Oh and when is this Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle feud going to end. It got boring 4 months ago time for a change.
Wow. You must be like the guys in the Geico commercial living under a rock. ROH already got itself a brand new TV deal set to start in September. But as amazed as I am that you know the Jarrett/Angle feud is still going even though you don't even watch, I'm more amazed by how lousy your criticism is.
I mean really. We could talk about their difficulties getting out of the Impact Zone? Or how they're stuck with the same ratings weekly? Or how one show is clearly not enough for them anymore? Your argument is lousy. Go back to the drawing board and instead of trying something as complex as a circle, start with something you might have a better chance with. Like a dot. Thank you.

TNA doesn't need to sell. And for the life of me I just can't see how the product is gonna improve itself if it did. Is it magically gonna have more programming? Is it magically gonna ditch the Impact Zone? Unless President Obama buys it and uses his special privileges to air it whenever he pleases on any channel, I hardly see any of this still happening. Nothing out there could buy TNA to instantly make it a success and WWE buying it could downright put the last nail in the coffin of pro wrestling. So no.

ok guys take it easy on the moron sure he lacks intelligence ect but cmon everyone knows that impact can have some of the most bizarre shit out there. however the product has improved drastically.

You sell something under two conditions. (We are talking extreme basics here.)

1) You feel that you have raised the value of what you are selling as much as you can do cost-effectively, and turn around and sell it for more than you paid for it.
2) You feel that the item you have is going to continue to depreciate in value despite your cost-effective efforts to maintain its value, and sell it to minimize your total loss.

The OP reads like it was posted in February 2010, because TNA/IW has come a long way from asking the Dudleys to job to the Nasty Boyz in a program that does nothing for anyone. They are finally starting to hit their stride. Are they doing it fast enough to please their various investors? Stay tuned for that one. But TNA/IW isn't depreciating in value, unless they have massive liabilities that the world is unaware of. There is still quite a bit of room for them to grow.

While the poster certainly wasn't looking for an examination of TNA/IW's future profitability, if they had stock right now (ignoring the fact that I feel anyone who buys professional wrestling stock is a sucker, including the WWE's, since I've seen just how that scam works) I would rate TNA halfway between a buy and a hold.

You have Ultimate Warriored you self with this post. just because YOU & You alone don't like something & don't even watch it you think it should be sold, Your math sucks worse than a 5th grader.

can't even imagine how embarrassed your must feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back