• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's pretty obvious...

jmt225

Global Moderator
... what performance will end up being the best in film for the year 2012. You can tell from the trailer alone. Check it out:

[YOUTUBE]9oZDKFoCqAw[/YOUTUBE]

Joaquin Phoenix is so underrated and brilliant. He had the whole world believing that charade he put on, and most people still believe it. I have a feeling this film, directed by one of, if not THE, best American filmmakers working today, Paul Thomas Anderson, will bring people to their senses and realize that Joaquin Phoenix is a once in a lifetime type of talent.

Yeah, I saw this trailer a while ago and I've been trying to get as much information about this film as possible. Unfortunately, the producers are keeping pretty mum it seems. I can't wait to see it though, hopefully it get's a fairly wide release.

Seen it awhile ago too, plus I've had a small man-crush on Joaquin Phoenix(it's not homosexual, Joaquin is out of my leage!) since Walk The Line. I'm Still Here is one of my favorite films actually, not for who it contained and the rouse he pulled on American media, but because it genuinely was pretty funny at times, cringeworthy even, definitely something unique.

I thought Anderson and Tom Cruise were friends... this could be an issue.

Anyhow, this looks fantastic. I like Phoenix a lot (not as much as jmt), and he seems perfect for... whatever he's doing. Too bad PTA couldn't grab up Day-Lewis once more.

Ah Joaquin, so thats what you've been up to. . . busy. . . little. . . bee

Joaquin Phoenix is a very, very good actor, and he's got good screen chemistry with a lot of talented actors. One hopes he and Philip Seymour Hoffman have that same chemistry here. It could be gold.

I'm Still Here was terrific. I believe that and Walk the Line speak volumes to what Phoenix is capable of as an actor. This looks like it will be good as well. My only concern is that with the Church of Scientology already trying to crack down on the film it may not get much marketing or a nation wide release.

On a funny note, one of the related videos it suggested for me after watching that was Bobby Lashley trying to escape the Master Lock

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back