• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Over

Jeff Zucker is a piece of shit who should be fired.
Maybe when Bret Hart shows up on Raw.

AKA: Never.

Conan was undercut from day one with the looming launch of Leno's show at 10pm. Not to mention that it's not as though Jay caught on right away either.

Leno is garbage, and ALWAYS has been. Conan is so much better it's scary.

Shit, Leno's ratings for his Tonight show did AWFUL its first few years, it takes a few years on those kinds of shows to build up a big audience. It's not like Letterman and Leno got their whole audiences in less than the year that Conan has been given.

Such bullshit. Conan fans we should kidnap the head of NBC.

I like both, but things should have stayed where they were. Conan is a lot funnier than Jay.

Jay Leno is shit. It's true. It's damn true.

Also, I like Conan's Letter to "People of Earth." He had no time at all to garner a fan base, but he's getting pushed back because Leno is an unfunny shit head who can't hack it in prime time. It's almost like NBC should, you know, fire the bitch who can't make people laugh.

The only good skit on Leno's show were the headlines

Before the era of DVR's, I used to stay up 11:00 to tape record Conan's show to watch it the next afternoon after school.

The skits he did before the turn of the century like the If they Mated and In the Year 2000 were among my favorites.

First NBC puts the first two episodes of Chuck's second season on a Sunday to make me miss them, and now this...

THis really is fucking dumb. Leno said he was retired but in reality he took about a year off. This is a fucking joke. Back to the old guy that only men 40 and up get plus a handful of others. And they wonder why they're in last place.

Well, one good thing could be coming out of this guys...and that is hopefully no more fucking Late Show with Jimmy Fallon. That man is obscenely unfunny.

I think Tdigs had it right in the other thread. Fuck these guys.

[youtube]v3cjCaGYrCc[/youtube]

Here's what I don't get now as far as Conan's fate:

Is Conan in breach of contract? Are they going to pay him what he's owed and let him go elsewhere?

I think he'll wind up on Fox by the Summer, going head to head with Leno and Letterman.

If he leaves he'll face a penalty of 8 figures, so at least 10,000,000 dollars.

However, if he does make the jump to another network, you can bet that he'll get the money to pay off that contractual obligation from the network he's jumping to. No man is going to say "Yeah, I'll pay 10,000,000+ dollars out of my own pocket to work for you."

Furthermore, I really feel bad for Conan. This was his dream job. He waited so long to get to this point and it got taken away from him, and he never really got a chance to find his footing. Also, not just he, but his entire staff packed up from New York and moved to LA to be a part of this. What now for all of those people?

I don't think I can watch another episode of Leno's Tonight Show without feeling anger and sadness for Conan as he plows through with another Lewinsky joke.

Wait...Conan isn't in breach of contract. Look at the link on the first post. It says NBC was in breach because they promised Leno the 10PM spot. They would have promised Conan 1135. If anyone is in violation it's NBC. Conan was ready to work and they stopped him and gave away his time slot.

I think Tdigs had it right in the other thread. Fuck these guys.

[youtube]v3cjCaGYrCc[/youtube]

Fuck Craig Ferguson. Circumventing Kilborn the way he did. Yes, I know Craig stepped down, but he had chosen Hal Sparks as his replacement, until CBS decided to give it to Mr. Wick.

Wait...Conan isn't in breach of contract. Look at the link on the first post. It says NBC was in breach because they promised Leno the 10PM spot. They would have promised Conan 1135. If anyone is in violation it's NBC. Conan was ready to work and they stopped him and gave away his time slot.

I was thinking the breach of contract issue for Conan would be him refusing to take the 12:05 spot. There's been a huge deal made about his contract because he never put that he wanted 11:35 no matter what in his contract. In hindsight, there was no reason to, who the hell ever saw this coming?

I hope Conan brings back Little Jay Leno now.

So in other words, since NBC is too stupid to put on a good show and make money, they;ll likely sue Conan to get the money back. This is ridiculous.

I've always like Conan better, always has good guests, can make jokes and connects better with the audience, Jay is ok but im a much BIGGER Conan fan, especially since Fallon is garbage and Letterman gets his son if im correct to write his shit.

Well, one good thing could be coming out of this guys...and that is hopefully no more fucking Late Show with Jimmy Fallon. That man is obscenely unfunny.

I also don't think he's too funny either, but I still hope NBC keeps him. He seems like a good guy, and plus... he's the only one of these Late Night hosts to give unknown, indie bands a shot to perform on his show. Got to respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back