• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's official, Mark Madden is an Idiot

Chadmw

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok, so I just read Madden's latest column "Dixie Carter Fiddles While TNA Burns". And in it he blames Kurt Angle's problems on everyone but Kurt Angle.

First he says
"In fact, it seems like the wheels are in motion for the return of Jeff Jarrett, the guy who started all the trouble by running off with Karen Angle."
, First of all from what I have mostly read (a few conflicting reports) is that Jeff and Karen did not start seeing each other until after She and Kurt separated. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Then he goes on to say
Kurt was busted for drugs. It was all over the media. He’s clearly crying out for help. Yet – at the PPV immediately following Kurt’s arrest – TNA inexplicably left the promotion’s world title on him. No matter what Angle may want, he needs to step away. If Kurt has inadequate concern for himself, somebody else has to step up.

While I do agree they should have stripped him of the title right than and there, why is it up to anyone else to tell Kurt to step away, Kurt is a grown man and can make his own decisions and should be able to step away himself. This is a guy who turned down the WWE's offer to help him and jumped right back into the ring as soon as possible.

And he follows that up by saying

How dare Carter even consider Jeff Jarrett’s return to TNA? It’s illogical in a business sense, reprehensible in a moral sense.

Jarrett has been THE key component during most of TNA’s existence, and all it’s produced is a lot of backstage chaos and even more red ink. Jarrett stole Angle’s wife. How can Carter possibly contemplate again putting Jarrett in the same backstage environment as Kurt Angle, a man teetering on the edge?

Once again who Jarrett dates after they have split with there spouse, I seriously doubt he "Stole" angles wife. From what I have heard I am sure Karen was happy to get away from that Lunatic Angle. And he says how putting Jarrett backstage can do further damage to Angle. BooHoo Kurt and grow the f**k up.

How do you think the woman that had to get a restraining order against Angle feels about being in the same backstage as Angle, even though I am sure she will be Fired soon for going against there biggest star. When in actuality it should be Angle fired.

And I used to be a big Angle fan until he left the WWE and decided the limelight was more important than his life. ANd then recently hearing all his demands on how he wants to a complete control over his character. No your a f***ing employee do as your told and STFU. Do you think Kurt cares about putting over the younger guys or helping the company grow, NO!!!! he just cares about himself.

So in the ending of my long and hopefully eligible Rant, it is up to Angle himself to get the help he needs and to step away from the business, If Dixie were to fire Angle, I'm sure Angle would just end up somewhere else (ROH or some other Indy promotion). No one is going to help Kurt, but Kurt

While I agree that Madden's latest article was trash, you completely do not understand what is going on right now with Kurt Angle, and you clearly do not understand the nature of drug addiction, which Angle is so obviously a victim of right now. He's going the same painkillers and steroids route that has killed countless other wrestlers.

Drug addiction isn't something you can just say "Shut the fuck up and do what you're told!" to, it doesn't work like that. It's a disease, it's not a matter of will power.

I agree with Madden though when it comes to the fact that Kurt Angle really needs to step away from wrestling right now, and focus on himself and his life, which is in shambles right now. I fear if he doesn't take the time to organize his life again, he'll be dead in a few years. That would simply break my heart. I pray to God that doesn't happen.

Reactions: TLC
Have to agree with you Xfear, i saw this coming since Angles leave from the WWE, the fact is the only things keeping him from falling down deeper and deeper into the addiction route was his wife, now look at him the guy is basically one overdose away from becoming a name on a very long listed of wrestlers succoming to their demons.

Dixie needs to stop and think about this situation as it will become bad for TNA really bad, the company needs to stop focusing on Angle and give him the time he needs to step away from the ring and heal, he needs to get his demons under control before its too late.

As for the Article Madden had some (very few) valid points, his stance on TNA at this time is one which is consumed with hate but the fact is the company is destroying itself from the inside, Jarret should not be allowed to be in the same building as Angle at this point due to the fact that what he did was in very bad taste, yes he and Karen are consenting adults but does he need to flaunt his relationship infront of Kurt?, he is the boss and you don't see Vince Mcmahon going around with other wrestlers wives on his arm, its in totally bad taste and emotionally has probably taken its tole on the olympic gold medalist.

But with its good points there where also bad, Madden took his time to trash the TNA wrestling product as a whole, yes we know its bad but he seems like he is repeating himself over and over again stating the exact obvious, TNA needs work but i doubt Madden should be the guy helpiing the company get over its slump, the guy came from a WCW full of garbage and bad anouncing before the company was taken off life support from Warner AOL, the guy was apart of some very bad angles and his announcing was sub par at best, he should not be the guy telling TNA how to fix its product, its kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

i am a long time reader of the forums here on wrestlezone and signed up only minutes ago just so i could post on mr. madden. i have grown so tired of reading his endless rants on how terrible the tna product is. sure it ain't perfect but then again nothing is. i just don't know why mr. madden who is obviously not a fan continues to rail on and on about how bad the product is. if you don't like it don't watch it. its that simple. why does this man torture himself by watching something he hates. his hatred seems awfully peculiar to me. so mr. madden i must ask are you upset you don't have a job in tna or what. seriously man get over it. i don't like soap operas so i don't watch them. i don't waste my time blogging about how atrocious they are over and over again. so for your own sanity, dude, just stop watching tna and ranting about it. you'll remove what seems to be significant stress from your life therefore adding years to your life.

You clearly don't know what an intervention is. If were that easy for Angle to solve his own problems, he wouldn't have them in the own place. The WWE tried to help him and he worked out of that didn't he?

What has TNA done to help him? Make him the face of the company? Not quite. Angle hasn't done anything for himself in years. No, he needs someone to step in and give him the help he NEEDS not want he "wants". This whole business with Karen, Jarrett, and the arrest, is going to hurt his situation even more, and Madden wants him to get the help he needs.

As far as a Karen/Jeff relationship goes, it's not our business to be concerned with it. They are both single adults, but keeping this in TNA at the moment (with the additive of Angle in his current situation), it's not... healthy.

As has been said, from an outsiders point of view, Angle appears to be/getting to beyond that point where, yes you may have gotten yourself into that situation, but it's now beyond your rational control, because you're not rational any more. Any one who's been through and come out of such a situation will acknowledge that line where once crossed it's impossible to see or realise what you're doing to yourself, you're too involved. At that point you either need someone to step in and lay it down or meet a very very rude awakening or it'll go past the point of no return. I agree with Madden that Angle appears to be very close to this situation. And even though I may not agree with all of his views, I really like his bluntness and the way he'll fearlessly state his opinion despite what you or anyone in the wrestling business may think of it, it's so refreshing to hear from someone who's been in the business that isn't still trying to protect the employability of his ass in some way. Almost the Disco-antithesis.

Yes Mark Madden is a idiot and his columns are usually trash, he did have some valid points concerning Kurt Angle. Kurt is on a very scary self-destructive path right now and is spiraling out of control and the last thing Dixie Carter needs to do is bring a very real situation into a stupid storyline. Kurt is not well right now, and if he is dealing with all of this stuff behind the scenes, and now all of a sudden has to deal with it on air while trying to remain in character... well that will make him fall even farther and harder. Kurt needs help, he needs an intervention, he is incapable of handling this issues without help. If he does not get help soon, he'll wind up in the obits, which would be very sad. Dixie needs to pull her head out of her ass, stop worrying about ratings right now and get her top star the help he needs, because if this gets anymore out of control this could not only cause the death of one the greatest wrestlers ever, it could permantely damage her precious company. So for once Mark Madden made some sense.

Madden has always been a moron and more then likely thrives off reading comments like this to further his elite wannabe status. I'll always love Tank Abbot for 1 reason...

On a side note I really fear for Jeff's safety. I think Kurt is a ticking time bomb and is very liable to literally kill Jeff, I'm being very serious, and he can do it bare handed. Jeff is in over his head.

Yeah, a Mark Madden thread! So here's my opinion on Madden.

This guy is the best heel in the history of the business. Him being an asshole in reality makes him so much better when working. I know he's not working on his editorials, wait, of course he is. That's what you do when you write an entertaining column, you entertain. I make a menial effort with my responses, but Madden is king of dick mountain. And that's not a bad thing. His opinion of Kurt Angle is exactly how he feels. He also knows much more about it I'm sure than most of us, of course i can't really speak for any of you. But in his columns he has to keep the reader hooked, much like he did as a color guy. He knows his job and his place in this industry. I respect the hell out of Madden, even if I can't stand some of the shit he spews at times. Way to go your majesty, you hooked another "Mark" mark.

Wow, I'm surprised the subject of Mark Madden being a complete moron hasn't been brought up till now lol

First of all, I am of the opinion that the psycho in the restraining order incident is Rhaka Khan, a known trouble-maker and hell, she sure looks the part, don't she?

Secondly, there is no substantial evidence to prove that Kurt is on the edge, just some hypothesis that suggest that he might be. Until this is anything solid in stone, don't count the chickens yet.

And while i do agree that Jarrett & Karen has the right to date whoever he wants, he knows it's not in his best business-wise. You take the ex-wife of your company's top star and there's always gonna be trouble. Jarrett knew this; why do you think he tried to hide it from Dixie Carter for so long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back