• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's about time R-Truth asks the audience some new questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I watched Smackdown for the first time in probably about a month and a half this evening.

Now, I like R-Truth. I really do. As a matter of fact, I felt he deserved a shot at the US Title at Wrestlemania 25.

He's charismatic. He's got a decent look. And as I've seen in the past, he has the capability of getting the crowd involved with his entrance.

My problem? The entrance itself has gotten stale. Actually, his entrance isn't the only one that's stale, as there are a lot of WWE performers that have stale entrances. But his is worse since he actually sings, which draws more attention to it.

There has got to be something else that R-Truth can do in the way to the ring. Some new song to rap. Something. Anything. But in a way, I feel this is hurting his character by rapping to the same song essentially since his debut.

Can anybody think of a new catchphrase that you feel has the potential to catch on with the audience? Or do you think he should keep on asking them "What's Up?" until they start throwing rotten vegetables at him?

How is it becoming stale?Did u ever think The Rock's IF U SMELLLL what the rock is cooking catchphrase got stale? likewise its Truth's trademark. WHATS UP! He cant stop it. Plus In wwe, there has been lack of catchphrases lately. so i think he should go on with his catchphrase Whats UP!!
do you think he should keep on asking them "What's Up?" until they start throwing rotten vegetables at him?
that would b hilarious though.

I definitely think it's time for a change Road Dogg did it for a while, but he also teamed up with Billy before it got to be nauseating. When DX made their trademark entrances, it was something different every time. He can't keep coming out to the same song after all this time if he's going to sing/rap with it.

His best bet is to get a generic beat to come out to, and then "freestyle" over it, probably directing it at his opponent. If he needs to go heel for it to work, then go for it. He's a good athlete, and just needs some minor touches before they can push him.

I think R-Truth has pretty big appeal, and he's certainly someone that people who don't like wrestling in my social circles are drawn into when they are in my house. I think the "What's up" thing is something that makes him quite endearing, and to be honest, is probably what got him over in the first place. That being said, it doesn't mean that he has to sing exactly the same song every week. Stone Cold said "and that's the bottom line" every week, but he didn't say exactly the same thing before. Truth should "freestyle" on his way to the ring, and still have either a new crowd interaction catchphrase or a "what's up?" section of it.

R Truth is a heck of a talent and even at this stage in his career he could go for many more years to come. His in ring abilities and the way he gets the crowds attention and into his entrance and matches are like no other. He doesn't need to change his gimmick one bit. Keep it the same way now, and hopefully his push will continue. The guy beat CM Punk, a former World Champion ( no matter by hook or crook), and the guy deserves a title shot. Don't change a thing! It works!

I like R-Truth, but his entrance has been stale for a very long time now. When he first got to WWE, it was something new and had a fresh feel to it, but now, it's just gotten old. It's not like he raps a different verse everytime he goes out in front of a crowd, he says the same thing over and over again. R-Truth is exciting in the ring and fun to watch, but I think he should tweek his entrance, even if it is just a little bit

The weird part is, is that it still works! Its crazy to think that he's come out every week for over a year with the same deal, yet he's still way over with the crowd. He's the only 1 that sings his own entrance, so its different, I like it and it gets hios fans inolved.

Braden Walker, Monty Brown, Kidd Kash, Hoyt, Kizarny...etc. Other than Christian, R-Truths theme song is the most "over" and successful thing to come from TNA in years lol.

I've been watching the intro myself and I have to conclude that while I may find the entrance getting a little bit stale...the audience seems to really enjoy it. I figure when the crowds stop getting into it, then it's time for a change. Pretty much any entrance would have been changed if the audience hadn't played along.

The advantage of R-Truth's entrance is that it is instantly recognizable from the get go and it gives the audience a catchphrase to shout. This is, without a doubt, an important factor to consider. Just think of what DX would be these days without their "two words", Austin without the "3:16", or The Rock without whatever it is he's cooking and its unmistakable aroma. The "What's Up" was a smart choice, who's ever choice it was.

It's still over, fans still respond to it. They cheer when they hear the beat drop and they definitely jump into the "What's Up?!" chant. I wouldn't change it. I'd like to see him in the title hunt, maybe win the belt. Just for the hell of it. R-Truth is fine like he is, completely unecessary for him to change something that's still over and gets the crowd hype.

The "What's up" is fine. Its the jeans, the sneakers, and goofy rapping and dancing that needs to go. They need to do with R-Truth what they did with Kofi. Ditch the bullshit and the gimmick and make him a more realistic character. He is a rapping and dancing idiot and we won't take him serious until he drops that. The song is wack by the way.

Yes the song is wack, but it's over with the fans. As much as some of us are sick of hearing it as long as it's getting the reaction from the crowd it'll be used.
Remember when Lance Storm used to 'I'd like to be serious for a moment?' Did that ever get old are the Stone cold with the What's? Just stating

I actually enjoy R-Truth's theme song, as it brings out his charismatic side right from the moment he comes to the ring all the way to the end of the match. I feel if he were going to change his theme song, it would be better to change with his persona also (heel turn). As for a fitting catchphrase that would all depend on his creativity. He wrote the song before he entered the WWE. it just so happened to catch on with the crowd. being a rapper im sure he'd have no problem writing a new song thats suitable for his heel character which would involved some sort of catch phrase in his song that he could use whenever he were to cut a promo. or if he remained face same goes.

I watched Smackdown for the first time in probably about a month and a half this evening.

Thats cool, How'd you like Drew McINTYRE? Hes vastly becoming my favorite wrestling on the entire WWE roster.

Now, I like R-Truth. I really do. As a matter of fact, I felt he deserved a shot at the US Title at Wrestlemania 25.

Thats awesome, I didn't really enjoy his work when he was just Truth over at TNA. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into this guy. I think its the way he dances in the middle of the ring, making me lose all respect and belief for the guys wrestling abilities.

My problem? The entrance itself has gotten stale.

I have no clue why I didn't like you at first. You make some very spot on arguements. His entrance was stale after week 2.

Can anybody think of a new catchphrase that you feel has the potential to catch on with the audience?

Uh, I think it would be cool if he asked a funny question, then asked the same question in spanish. We could educate the children AS they're entertained.

Or do you think he should keep on asking them "What's Up?" until they start throwing rotten vegetables at him?

God, why would I LOVE to see this happen?

I agree with everyone that said his entrance is fine, it's still over, the audience still shout along to it, so whats the problem?

Fact is that entrance alone has got him more over than half the shitty new guys WWE are trying to force on us, he was a jobber for fucking ages and still got bigger pops than all those guys. So no, "Whats Up?" is just fine.

On tv it might seem stale, but Live seems to really engage people into his matches and that is good because at least he draws a reaction before and that also leads to him get people not to go and take a leak while he is wrestling like some others.

Only if he turns it would be good to see another approach of his entrance, but if he remains a good guy it is fine like it is.

Probably another question would be good but "What's up?" is still very engaging.

I agree with most people here, the Whats up doesn't need to go, but he could stand to drop the weird dance and the crappy song, the crowd really doesn't sing along with him, they just say whats up. The song sounds terrible on TV and R-Truth really isn't a good rapper, he doesn't have a good flow.

The "What's up" is fine. Its the jeans, the sneakers, and goofy rapping and dancing that needs to go. They need to do with R-Truth what they did with Kofi. Ditch the bullshit and the gimmick and make him a more realistic character. He is a rapping and dancing idiot and we won't take him serious until he drops that. The song is wack by the way.

I completely agree. I feel the reason is that people see the same matches from him anyway, so why should they be seeing the same stale entrance every damn time? Because he gets over with the fans, why not change it up a bit?

I just feel that he has too much potential to have this same, lame gimmick!:banghead:

i went to see smackdown and ecw in dublin in november and befoore i saw him live i didnt rate r-truth, but after seeing only his entrance( the match was over before we got back to our seats) i liked the guy. His entrance song and the way he sings it and lets the crowd shout the chorus just gets you going and peps you up for whats to come.

I think it would be cool to see R-Truth go with the kind of gimmick John Cena used to have, where he'd come up with a rap dissing his opponent or something. I've hated the "what's up" theme since it started, but you can tell each and every week on smackdown that the fans love it. even the adults yell 'whats up', not just the kids, so i don't think wwe is gonna change r-truth's theme any time soon, as much as i'd like for them to.

Ok, first of all, you can't seriously compare R Truths catchphrase and entrance to the Rocks, or Austin's "and thats the bottom line." Totally different leagues. Two of the greatest microphone workers in the E's history. R Truth, well, he's entertaining, but it's old. The rapping through the crowd on the way to the ring was stale and boring a year ago. I don't really know if that should continue in any form. It kind of makes him seem like a novelty act, one who won't ever win a belt in this lifetime. The man is charismatic, no doubt about that, and i find his matches entertaining. However, there's no need for the long drawn out enterance. If he's to be taken seriously, he should get a theme song, and walk down the ramp like everyone else. Taker, HHH, those are probably the only guys other than truth who have a long tedious entry to the ring...and those two guys have accomplished more and are way more over with the crowd than truth probably ever will be. So, yeah, time to end the what's up through the crowd and come to the ring like a normal wrestler if he's to be seen as a serious threat. He just seems like a rapper who can wrestle a bit as it is now.

Now this is just another one of my weird ideas. But maybe they cold have like a poll on WWE.com where the fans vote on the song for truths entrance the following week. They could put up a list of rap songs each week that truth would sing on his way to the ring. He could then end the entrance in the ring with his What's Up line.

I don't know but it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back