It's a good thing I didn't pick a "difficult" career.

As was said in Blue Chips- "The best team I ever coached didn't win a National Championship. Hell they didn't even win more than they lost. But they played their asses off every night."
“Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” - John Wooden

I like playing poker, just don't ever get to do it anymore. I wasn't bad at it. I think I came out about $50 ahead (keep in mind, this is probably after less than 20 games, at $5 a buy-in). Just don't have time to do it.

Yeah I'd play in the big games. I'm talking like I'd go home with 5 figure sums in my pocket on a weekly basis. I grew to hate it. Today and Monday I went to my school and played for free in a tournament. I haven't had that kind of fun at a table in years.

“Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” - John Wooden

As a Kentucky Wildcat fan I was trained to hate UCLA, but the more I look at Wooden, I can't hate him. The guy was a master and a total class act.

Money defines too many people.

What makes you happier? Sitting at home with all your material gifts, or being out there with people you care about, that you don't judge on wealth? Rather than play on a PS3 with 10 000 games, staring into a gigantic plasma tv, I would rather be outside doing things you don't have to pay for.

The best things in life really are free. The happier people are the people who don't care about it. After all, if you're only focused on money, where's the time for being happy? You might be content with your financial position, but with your own life, are you really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back