It's a good thing I didn't pick a "difficult" career.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Because, after putting in 30 hours already this week, as well as about 60 each of the last two weeks, as well as going all the way out to Durham NC (12 hours) for a basketball coaching camp two weekends ago, and going 6 hours away for last weekend in Kansas City to cheer on our state runner-up volleyball team, I am completely exhausted.

It's OK though. After tomorrow, I will have put in 42 hours of work...with Thursday and Friday to go. After two solid 12 hours days on Thursday and Friday, as well as a 4 hour day on Saturday, I'll be looking at a stellar 70 hour week.

All of this for what puts me squarely in the "lower middle class" income bracket.

All I can say is I'm glad I got an "easy" job, because if this is easy, I shudder to think what is difficult.

Anyways, use this thread to bitch about pre-conceived notions about something you do that are incredibly false.

To make money for University I worked in construction driving a packer. That is easy, but the fact it was 101.5 hour weeks was extremely difficult.

well as I haven't graduated, I work in retail...people have a go at me about prices. As though I make the prices for the entire company...yeah old person, yeah.

To go along with Lee, I work in a higher class book store. Now you'd think that this would mean the customers would be of a higher intelligence. Oh you would be mistaken. Recently, a woman's bill came to about $28. She handed me $30 in cash. I was typing that number in and my finger slipped, and I said she gave me $300. No problem at all. I backed out of it and laughingly said that I didn't think I owed her 272 dollars. She asked if that was what the register said, and I said yes. She demanded her 272 dollars in change, knowing full well what happened. After a small amount of shouting at my manager and calling the store a joke, she left.

To go along with Lee, I work in a higher class book store. Now you'd think that this would mean the customers would be of a higher intelligence. Oh you would be mistaken. Recently, a woman's bill came to about $28. She handed me $30 in cash. I was typing that number in and my finger slipped, and I said she gave me $300. No problem at all. I backed out of it and laughingly said that I didn't think I owed her 272 dollars. She asked if that was what the register said, and I said yes. She demanded her 272 dollars in change, knowing full well what happened. After a small amount of shouting at my manager and calling the store a joke, she left.

haha I've had that happen to me before, quite amusing!

Ha, I missed the decimal place an once charged someone 372 dollars or something on the debit machine, luckily i realized and put the money back in his account. Though I almost was able to finished the day with a $350+ balance.

I go to University and also work full time at retail, and the customers are really mean sometimes, gawd forbid I make a mistake they curse me out. It's hard to control your temper, but you have to even when their calling you an idiot and everything.

Remember Sly, as Brian would say, you're a leach on his taxes and you clearly do not deserve a break because your job is so easy and you don't contribute as much to society as him. I heard his weekly Steelers rants could actually be the cure for cancer.

Remember Sly, as Brian would say, you're a leach on his taxes and you clearly do not deserve a break because your job is so easy and you don't contribute as much to society as him. I heard his weekly Steelers rants could actually be the cure for cancer.

Jesus Christ, obsess much?

Boy Scouts is not gay and can prove to be a good time investment. Private schools aren't filled with gay guys. Customers go from bitchy to ass hole very quickly at pizza places. They also have a ginormous sense of entitlement while acting very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back