• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is WZ dead now?

The design sure isn't (the template Sly – all of them)
If you find a free template you think looks better for vBulletin 4 that is free, let me know and I'll look to install it. I'd love to have more options. I've been busy with various first time troubleshooting, but I plan on doing more with templates later. But if you find a good one, let me know and I'll look into it.
Probably should have waited to join after saying this.

Makes you look a tad hypocritical
In fairness, anyone who posts on WZ isn't totally deterred by forum template.

The Fed being here will help. Really surprised it’s not moving though (not that I’m complaining). Why not?

The fed's been here for 11 years. There's no need for it to jump ship at the minute.

I always thought that sour grapes just meant you didn't like the fact that some grapes are sour and that caused you to throw a fit, then I had to read Aesop in high school and learned what it really meant. Fucking old people.

That doesntceven make sense.

7f0c383242899d41859c5b84bdf00c1fd5e7c717a147a9492056cb0bfc6d6ded.jpg

I hope not. I haven't posted here on a regular basis in several years, but I will always hold in high esteem the conversations and fun I've had on here with so many posters. I'll be honest, these days if I feel like writing about wrestling, even though I barely watch the modern product, I'll probably post on Reddit. But I have tried to make a few posts here and check in atleast once a year because I have so many fond memories of interacting with this awesome community over the years. I was a fan as a kid from 97-03 but right around 03 I "outgrew" wrestling and didn't pay it any attention until 07. I dove headfirst back in and WZ was the place that helped me navigate all the lost time behind me, that helped me understand the product again after a near five year break. I joined this forum in 07 and I'll try my best to post here until the day it unceremoniously dies.

Honestly I don't post as much but I like to read the spam sections a lot. Sam's thread and some of the spam zone are great fun.

Honestly though the LD is a bit archaic. Whenever I watch wrestling, I'm far happier to go to a live chat or IRC. Is it messier? Sure is but feels equally more alive.

I still love this place hwoever the state of threads like the NXT thread just essentially being a nest for KB's reviews brings me down (Not that that's a bad thing, KB is the only wrestling critic I will ever make time to read) as I remember all the posting there and me, Norcal and Sam at different points being hyped about the Ascension :disappointed:

I'm still here but this place has become a bit of a shell. I'm usually on reddit like others.

so this is a thread.

What happened that there was a mass exodus? Is there a thread to catch up on?
Someone got called a fucking ****** and a third party got offended to the point he emailed Crave after Sly didn't give him what he wanted

Someone from Crave actually listened and logged on after who knows how many years and not only demodded the mod who called someone a Fucking ****** but Sly as well without even the curtesy of talking to him.

KB & Sly then made their own forum so we all have a place to go after this place shuts down.

The forum's been dying slowly for years even before ******gate. There are simply other more up to date, and probably better places to discuss wrestling. There's just no feed in from the main site to the forum now and without that anyone googling for a wrestling forum is going to find wrestlingforum or /r/squaredcircle first. And because old posters fuck off for various reasons (sometimes they come back, mind) and there's no replacement the forum enters a death spiral.

Someone got called a fucking ****** and a third party got offended to the point he emailed Crave after Sly didn't give him what he wanted

Someone from Crave actually listened and logged on after who knows how many years and not only demodded the mod who called someone a Fucking ****** but Sly as well without even the curtesy of talking to him.

KB & Sly then made their own forum so we all have a place to go after this place shuts down.

It's not like the WZ forums had the world's greatest moderation to begin with. Lots of mods were inherently unfriendly to new users, and the place became a cool kid's club a few years back.

No disrespect to Sly and KB, but it's not like this place was thriving to begin with, and I'm not 100% sure Sly's demotion had much of an effect one way or another, just by taking one good look at the traffic in the main forums, and the spam sections.

The forum's been dying slowly for years even before ******gate. There are simply other more up to date, and probably better places to discuss wrestling. There's just no feed in from the main site to the forum now and without that anyone googling for a wrestling forum is going to find wrestlingforum or /r/squaredcircle first. And because old posters fuck off for various reasons (sometimes they come back, mind) and there's no replacement the forum enters a death spiral.

I think most people (like me, for example) come back and visit like they visit their childhood neighborhood. It's just interesting to see how things have changed, and comparing them to how they were. This place appears to be a ghost town, and it's been over a year or more since most of my friends have last posted.

It's not like the WZ forums had the world's greatest moderation to begin with. Lots of mods were inherently unfriendly to new users, and the place became a cool kid's club a few years back.

No disrespect to Sly and KB, but it's not like this place was thriving to begin with, and I'm not 100% sure Sly's demotion had much of an effect one way or another, just by taking one good look at the traffic in the main forums, and the spam sections.

Cough Cough moonbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back