• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this the time for RVD to ditch the weed?

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
Immortals + Fourtune are taking over TNA.

RVD has unsolved issues with Abyss and Jeff Hardy.

Speaking for myself, I like watching wrestling after a smoke, but do you think it would make RVD seem more genuine if he were to come out and say he needs to think more clearly to take on the Immortals and Fourtune?

It is very well documented that Rob likes to partake in a smoke or twelve, but if he acknowledged that and said he's putting that stuff to the side just now, would that add to the current storyline?

Personally, I think it would do him a lot of good as it would be semi-breaking kayfabe but in a positive way.

Thoughts, criticisms etc all welcome, have your say, it's a forum after all

I don't think him putting down the weed would make any difference. If anything it would slow him down. I get kayfabe wise that would help. Maybe put it on twitter, but I don't think it makes a difference. I mean look how good RVD has become with weed. Without it, it might change his whole gimmick and personality. He is very laid back, taking weed away would affect his character and we don't want that. Keep the weed. lulz.

No, that would be really stupid in my opinion. It has nothing to do with the storyline nor does anyone care, and if it doesn't add anything to it what the hell is the point of it? Also lets say he feuds with them for a month or so, quitting smoking for one month is going to make him all that better? Also are you sure you smoke because you said he will stop to "think more clearly". That's something someone on anti weed would say because it's a huge misconception of marijuana. I read after I smoke, do art, make music, I don't know about you but it helps me greatly (And no this stuff isn't crappy).

I'm sorry, I think this thread is borderline ******ed.

I don't think him quitting smoking weed will help his gimmick at all. In fact it may do more harm than good. TNA is all about letting the wrestlers be themselves, and no one is going to believe it or really care. He could use a more aggressive attitude fighting against a entire stable in my opinion. I think it would come out looking cheesy. Like I can beat all you up now that I don't smoke weed.

This kid's gotta point, I mean the truth is even if he does go that path character wise, we still don't see Rob Szatkowski. And Trust me that guy's still gonna be smoking pot. Pot isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's full of misconceptions on both sides of the arguement. I'm a fan of it, and I like the fact RVD has had the career he's had while he was stoned. And atleast he's not using anything worse like Oxycotin, Cocaine, HGH, and what ever X-pac's on.

I digress.

The best way to go about it is to not even bring it up. Let him fight as best he know's how. He wants to entertain the crowd, let him. He had his contractual title reign, let's see where he goes from here.

Also to all the Cali forum readers, If you guys get prop 19 passed, I will move there to train with PWG.

if RVD was to come out say he was quitting weed and that he wants to be clean and be a better role model, that could maybe have him become more face? something like what Hogan did back in the day with all the saying your prayers and taking your vitamins.

I don't think week is a big deal and one of the reasons it gets overblown so much is because the government can't make money off it since anyone can grown their own.
I also don't really think a lot of fans really care all that much as a lot of them likely partake in the weed aswell.

If RVD was shown on iMPACT taking bong rips and smoking joints then I guess this would be a valid argument. But when the hell is it ever directly mentioned on TNA programming that RVD loves smoking weed? Yeah, we get the subtle "mother nature" references for the smarks, but it's never directly mentioned.

Not only is this thread stupid because smoking pot doesn't do shit, but because RVD would never quit smoking weed and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this storyline.

I think this topic is ******ed, people are openly talking about something illegal and their use of it. Can someone please put a stop to this thread? It is part of RVD's gimmick and that's fine whatever but let's not have people openly discuss and state their use of illegal drugs.

I think it would make his attack of the group seem more comical. As in, he'd be like, "Hold my joint while I handle some business." It would seem weird, to be honest.

However, I do feel that he should quit smoking weed. I don't mind people living their own lives, I just think it's gotten him to a point where he seems a little sloppy in the ring. Nonetheless, it wouldn't involve itself in the storylines. Or, it shouldn't.

However, in general, without making it comical, he should buckle down.

hey chris u and this thread is retarted. do u know 1 weed isnt a drug its grown it comes from the earth crack meth pills and even newports is drugs cuz they are man made 2 weed isnt illegal everywhere in the us california duh and 3 rvd will never stop smoking weed so ........

Ladies and gentlemen of the United States Congress, I present my leading argument against the legalization of marijuana.

Seriously, I'm getting sick of kids like you shooting down every idea that doesn't cater to your wishes, and you don't even give an alternative, all you post is, "dat plan be dem ******ness mayneee, u dunt knu wut u talkinz boutt!@@!"

First of all, if you're going to criticize someone, at least use somewhat decent grammar, I'm sure that you're not too ignorant to realize that "u" can be transformed into a comprehensible word by adding TWO more letters, not that hard, is it?

Second of all, if you're going to shoot down an idea, give a reason why, explain what you would change.

Also, using your whole little ideology about marijuana not being a drug because it comes from the earth, tobacco comes from the earth too, does that mean it's not a drug?

Please take the time, write a decent response with at least 6th grade grammar, and maybe, just maybe, I'll listen to your opinion.

Carrying on with the OP, I don't think it would help the storyline, like someone before me mentioned, it's not like they show RVD hitting the bong and watching Family Guy while the rest of the locker-room get their asses handed to them.

I would have Immortal/Fortune run the show for a few months, eventually winning all the titles and having a short run with them.

Mysteriously, members of Immortal/Fortune start getting taken out, and the titles stripped from them due to their injuries.

Eventually, I'd reveal Hogan as the one who was taking out Immortal/Fortune and have Hogan give himself the belts for a week before having Hogan kayfabe fired for supporting a hostile takeover of the company, and Dixie obviously stripping him of the belts.

That night, I'd start a tournament for each of the belts, have the winner of the tournament face the champion at Lethal Lockdown, and have the losers compete in a Lockdown for a #1 contender spot with a heel Jeff Hardy winning the Lockdown, and AJ Styles beating RVD for the belt.

In the weeks leading up to the match between Styles and Hardy, I'd have Hardy be seen talking on the phone while the person on the phone tries to get an explanation for why Hardy joined Immortal, with Hardy eventually getting pissed off before telling the person on the phone if he wanted answers, he knows where Hardy will be.

At the PPV where Hardy and Styles face off, I'd have Matt Hardy and Gregory Helms be revealed as the ones who were questioning Jeff as they run down in the match, while the referee is distracted, Matt enters the ring confronts Jeff with a chair in hand, out of nowhere Matt nails Styles with the chair, after Jeff gets the pin, Helms and both the Hardy's stand in the ring.

hey chris u and this thread is retarted. do u know 1 weed isnt a drug its grown it comes from the earth crack meth pills and even newports is drugs cuz they are man made 2 weed isnt illegal everywhere in the us california duh and 3 rvd will never stop smoking weed so ........

I'm not talking about RVD. I'm talking about people openly admitting to drug use here in this thread. It is not legal in California, it is legal for medicinal purposes only. Weed is a drug, if you walk up to a cop with a bag of weed or a joint they are not going to say "Hey that's okay no problem have a nice day." It is illegal and a drug.

I think that mentioning his marijuana use would be stupid unless he randomly started getting his ass handed to him by jobbers and someone on reAction walked up and tried to convince him he was losing because of the weed, and after a few weeks of convincing he finally declares that he believes that to be true *which he totally never would* and says he will quit weed and train harder in order to get back what is rightfully his the TNA world heavyweight title. *i still wouldn't buy the gimmick*

ps in california weed is tolerated and only legal medically. it is up for vote in november though for recreational use.

I'm not talking about RVD. I'm talking about people openly admitting to drug use here in this thread. It is not legal in California, it is legal for medicinal purposes only. Weed is a drug, if you walk up to a cop with a bag of weed or a joint they are not going to say "Hey that's okay no problem have a nice day." It is illegal and a drug.

I live in San Diego, and while it's legal for "medicinal purposes" you can pretty much get it for stubbing your toe... it's pretty ridiculous.

On to the subject at hand, I absolutely think RVD should drop the weed smoking, he needs to change his character somehow... he's quite stale. He just needs to drop the whole laid back thing he's got going on in general, laid back does not work in wrestling, especially not in one's top star.

Even if 19 doesn't go through, which is a possiblity since sometimes social liberals just talk a lot and don't go out and vote, Arnold's new law goes into effect this January. The new law is great, it only allows cops to fine those with an ounce or less, no more court date or any other type of thing. This is a win, win for casual pot users and the tax payers. For those in the dark, it's good for the tax payers because they no longer have to foot the bill for the court time used for such a petty crime.

The reason I said "social liberals" is because California has a lot of people who are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Most of the republicans I know are recreational pot users, and are socially liberal when it comes to pot use, gay marriage and what have you. But if you bring up taxes, that's when they go right wing.

As for RVD, he's fine as is.

OK I get a lot of your points, especially as he isn't always talking about it directly. That's fine, I get that. So maybe he doesn't come out and say that he's stopped smoking weed, but alludes to the fact that he needed to change.

What I was trying to get at is that it's part of his laid back personality, and thinking story-line wise, if he hadn't been smoking it and maybe been more focussed he may have noticed a tell in Jeff that he was going to change.

As for it changing his character, would it really be so bad to see a more determined RVD? I am a big fan of his, but there haven't been too many occasions where we've seen him 'snap' as it were and really done a number on someone.
Remember when Abyss cut him up with Janice, then what was it, 2-3 weeks later he gives a laid back promo on it? It's not often I agree with Mark Madden but he pointed out that after nearly being half-killed by Abyss he should have shown more intensity. Now his buddy Jeff has stabbed him in the back, how long can he genuinely maintain this laid-back persona in the current angle?

Despite the majority of you disagreeing, cheers for the responses, gave me something to read with my coffee

first off did i say tabacco in my post NO i said newports newports got chemicals and stuff tobacco dosnt have 2 im a GROWN ass man who has my hsd while i was smoking 'mother nature ' like my fav wrestler rvd puts in his promos gettin back on topic i think imo the fans would really look down on rvd if he did what dude said in the op and hurt his carrer a lil bit

OK I get a lot of your points, especially as he isn't always talking about it directly. That's fine, I get that. So maybe he doesn't come out and say that he's stopped smoking weed, but alludes to the fact that he needed to change.

What I was trying to get at is that it's part of his laid back personality, and thinking story-line wise, if he hadn't been smoking it and maybe been more focussed he may have noticed a tell in Jeff that he was going to change.

As for it changing his character, would it really be so bad to see a more determined RVD? I am a big fan of his, but there haven't been too many occasions where we've seen him 'snap' as it were and really done a number on someone.
Remember when Abyss cut him up with Janice, then what was it, 2-3 weeks later he gives a laid back promo on it? It's not often I agree with Mark Madden but he pointed out that after nearly being half-killed by Abyss he should have shown more intensity. Now his buddy Jeff has stabbed him in the back, how long can he genuinely maintain this laid-back persona in the current angle?

Despite the majority of you disagreeing, cheers for the responses, gave me something to read with my coffee

while i agree whit most of your comments the last one was kinda off while i saw a laid back rvd in the promo he probably was high then too but i did c a kinda detemined rvd when he came on impact but im kinda of a bad person to comment cuz i cant stand this fuckin stick with nails bit myself

No.

First off, I don't think TNA would really want to promote the fact that one of their top stars is an avid user of illegal drugs. Yes, there are mentions and jokes alluding to it, but as far as I know I haven't seen anyone in WWE or TNA flat out on camera state "yes RVD smokes marijuana." Putting that out their officially is a bad idea.

Second, I'm not sure that any casual fans are actually aware of RVD and his pro smoking stance, other than hardcore fans.

Third, does it really matter? No, I don't think so. And on top of that, I don't believe that RVD thinks marijuana impairs his judgement, so that angle would be against his personal beliefs.

Really I can't see anything good coming out of an angle like that.

I know other organizations have joked about RVD smoking weed and even X Pac for that matter. I don't see how that is relevant today or even in the Fortune/They storyline. How can someone take a wrestler serious when he is acting like Jeff Spicoli? RVD is best when he is down to business. When he is the laid back surfer dude, it doesn't do anything for his character. RVD is the top of the company and it wouldn't look right if he were to just sit back and talk about weed when there are more important matters at hand.

If RVD was shown on iMPACT taking bong rips and smoking joints then I guess this would be a valid argument. But when the hell is it ever directly mentioned on TNA programming that RVD loves smoking weed? Yeah, we get the subtle "mother nature" references for the smarks, but it's never directly mentioned.

Bishoff mentioned herbs during his promo with RVD on this weeks Impact. Even my grandma knows what those types of herbs are. On robvandam.com There is a big add to vote for proposition 19 in California to legalize pot. This add appears just above the TNA logo, real nice for TNA. There are at least 3 other references to weed on that page. If I were TNA I would make him remove the TNA logo from that page or remove the pot references. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against pot and think it should be legal. It just isn't good business to have your business shown in the company of a substance that is illegal in most states. This could possibly lead to problems for TNA if some hot shot prosecutor decided to see what was up with the company as far as drugs were concerned.

As far as mentioning his use of weed on air, its just stupid. Why promote the fact that one of your top stars (at least in RVD's opinion) is using a substance that is illegal. I like TNA for their adult themes, but this would be too much.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Just to fight my own corner a bit, but on this week's Impact, Raven did say to Rob that he should give the weed a rest because it's making him paranoid. Could be doubtful it'll be mentioned again but they did definitely mention it in non-alluding terms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back