• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this R-Truth's last chance?

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
Basically, R-Truth is going up right now after a decent feud with Punk, which was intended to elevate him. He gets a clean win over Jericho, which was also great.

Truth has been beaten to death on these forums, a lot of people like him, others say hes getting old and so is his act. However, the 1 thing you can't deny, is that he's still over with that act, and the pops he got last nite were some of the loudest in awhile. It seems that Jericho loses a lot lately, but hes losing to the likes of HHH, HBK, and other great stars, its not like hes losing to chumps. He is still credible, so any victory over him should should be a great thing. Since Morrison has seemed to cool off, Truth may be the next hottest thing, maybe give him a shot at the US belt. I think he should get it, he's still over and needs to capitalize on his recent success.

Truth is over, so take a chance, what do you have to lose?

I don't think his match with Jericho will help elevate him all that much. That match was just something else to fill the mid-card, nothing more, nothing less. Also, I really don't think Morrison has cooled off. Even after losing the IC title, he still looks strong, and had a re-match with McIntire the other night. Morrison will be pushed ahead of Truth, there's no questioning that. He's younger, "has the look", and is also over with the crowd.

Truth's age has a lot to with him not being pushed. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's 38 years old. At that age, WWE most likely won't push him, especially with all the other young talent on Smackdown. As far as him going after the US title, The Miz and that title are on Raw, so he would have to be traded to that brand for this idea to work. Even if that happens, I still don't think Truth will get that sort of push.

HHHKING13 and I were actually sorta talking about this the other day. While I do believe that a clean win over Jericho gives Truth instant credibility, I also don't think this will instantly propel him into the main event and like HHHKING13 said, part of it has to do with his age. I like Truth a lot so I really hate to say it. However, Truth is riding a pretty good wave of momentum right now after beating Jericho clean two weeks in a row. While I don't see him winning the Rumble, I hope he has a good outing and eliminates a few people. I don't think he'll be in the main event scene anytime in the forseeable future (even though I'd like to see that) but two clean wins over someone as credible as Jericho should make him a serious contender for the IC title and someone who can hold his own in the upper midcard.

R-truth definately deserves a push. This guy is so over with crowd. Crowd absolutely love his entrance and he is pretty solid in the ring too. Only reason he is not getting pushed is because he is old. Vince dsnt think that this guy can be on the top of the company considering he has just 4-5 years left in the business but i dnt believe this. When Vince Mcmahon pushed Batista he ws almot in mid-30's but still he pushed him same can be done with R-Truth too. I am pretty sure if he is 10 years younger than he is now he wud be on Kofi's place and beating the likes of Orton, HHH, Cena and moving towards the top(or already on the top)

Everybody loves Truth. He always gets a loud pop when his music hits, his age doesn't show in the ring at all. He's damn talented and has worked good matches with all the midcard talent and everybody else. I would like to see him get a credible push, just so his whole leaving TNA for WWE wasn't a huge bust.

You guys are bringing up age. How old was Batista when he got his push? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was around the same age, and Batistas body is built so that he won't go forever, he gets injured, and hes not a high flyer. Truth has a body that could stay good for at least another 5 yrs, and to my knowledge, hes not injury Prone. Its not like he has to have multiple reigns, just have one good one. Everyone bitches about Taker, Rey, and Batista holding the belt, so screw it, Truth wouldn't be any worse, right?

Wow he's 38!?!?! That's impressive that Truth doesn't move,talk,act or wrestle like a person over 30.

Anyway, I believe Truth will prolly be the next face to hold the IC Title. With WWE's newfound ability to change title holders at any time, I wouldn't be surprised Truth get some main even run in the next 2 years. I still think a new finisher would help...the spinning kick and the booker T kick just isn't working for me.

You guys are bringing up age. How old was Batista when he got his push? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was around the same age, and Batistas body is built so that he won't go forever, he gets injured, and hes not a high flyer. Truth has a body that could stay good for at least another 5 yrs, and to my knowledge, hes not injury Prone. Its not like he has to have multiple reigns, just have one good one. Everyone bitches about Taker, Rey, and Batista holding the belt, so screw it, Truth wouldn't be any worse, right?

Your're right about the age thing with Batista, but he has something that R-Truth doesn't have, and never will have.....the look of a main eventer. Batista has the "look", size, and build of a main eventer. As far as his in ring abilty goes, I think he's average, and not as horrible as some people make him out to be. Also, you have to remember, Batista's feud with Triple H was a pretty big draw when it happened. His feud with Taker(2007) also wasn't that bad either.

I don't like Batista, but he will continue to get pushed because of all the reasons I listed above. Until he completely breaks down, Vince will continue to put him in the main event, and put the world title on him every now and then.I really don't think people would buy a ppv with R-Truth VS Taker or R-Truth VS Batista as the Smackdown main event. I just don't think it would happen.

I would say that this is probably R-Truth's last chance. He already had a bit of a push when he debuted, and he's being given another one now. He has the ability to be a bit of a big deal, purely because of the audience's reaction to him if nothing else. I expect that he will get this chance and he'll probably end up in the Elimination Chamber. If this push doesn't work though, he'll be a midcarder forever. He is getting long in the tooth, and to be perfectly honest, if two big pushes haven't worked by his age, then there is little point in trying again. The same goes for MVP in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back