• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is there a possibility of a Cole Heel Group??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Riley is a smackdown property, but is under a "consulting contract" to the Miz...just more BS coming from this years draft. I like the idea of this stable (minus ARI) and this is who would be ivolved IMO

Heavyweight contender - The Miz
US Title Contender - Jack Swagger
Tag Team Contenders - Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre
Female - Kharma (can't see it happening after smackdown though)
Enforcer - Vladimir Kozlov or a returning Skip Sheffield (I guess...don't understand the IWCs love for this guy. All are young up and comers and a very strong stable . If done right this could seriously work, just unsure if its too soon to do this after the Nexus angle

I haven't heard anything out of the WWE about them forming a stable with Cole, I know they've talked about bringing back managers, but I havent heard anything about him specificaly. The only talk of it I've seen is on these forums, if I'm wrong about that sorry.

But anyways onto the topic. If they do start a stable with Cole as the manager I'm all for it as long as it get him off of commentary. His banter with Lawler comes off as childish and moronic and really takes away from the show, so I would be glad to see him gone from the table/Colemine. But if they have him do double duty then fuck no, it's to much tv time for him, and I cant stand the amount he gets now.

The Colemine: Miz, Morrison(when he comes back), Swagger, McIntyre, and Chris Masters or Mcgillicutty. Yes I said it Chris Masters!

I would rather he manage a heel tag team rather than a whole stable. Maybe Jack Swagger and ?? sombody else with a similar build.

Get both wrestlers in similar attire and have them continue to help build up a worthy tag division again in the company.

Could even give them a tag team name like The Coleition

I haven't heard anything out of the WWE about them forming a stable with Cole, I know they've talked about bringing back managers, but I havent heard anything about him specificaly. The only talk of it I've seen is on these forums, if I'm wrong about that sorry.

But anyways onto the topic. If they do start a stable with Cole as the manager I'm all for it as long as it get him off of commentary. His banter with Lawler comes off as childish and moronic and really takes away from the show, so I would be glad to see him gone from the table/Colemine. But if they have him do double duty then fuck no, it's to much tv time for him, and I cant stand the amount he gets now.

The Colemine: Miz, Morrison(when he comes back), Swagger, McIntyre, and Chris Masters or Mcgillicutty. Yes I said it Chris Masters!

Miz, Jomo, Swagger, McIntyre and Masters would make for a REALLY good stable in my opinion. Among that grouping there's pretty much every style of mainstream wrestling a fan could possibly hope for, and adding Cole as the mouthpiece of guys like Jomo and Masters would really help them along. I'm big on Jomo as a heel to begin with, so I'm down for any semi-realistic option in terms of turning his character.

However, at this point Miz is too big to play second fiddle to anyone. If he's going to be in a stable, he's gonna be the mouthpiece. That's the main issue I see with your idea.

Miz, Jomo, Swagger, McIntyre and Masters would make for a REALLY good stable in my opinion. Among that grouping there's pretty much every style of mainstream wrestling a fan could possibly hope for, and adding Cole as the mouthpiece of guys like Jomo and Masters would really help them along. I'm big on Jomo as a heel to begin with, so I'm down for any semi-realistic option in terms of turning his character.

However, at this point Miz is too big to play second fiddle to anyone. If he's going to be in a stable, he's gonna be the mouthpiece. That's the main issue I see with your idea.

I know Miz don't need a mouth piece he's good on the mic, but this would give Riley a chance to go make something of himself on Smackdown and get out from under the shadow of the Miz(not that I'm a Riley fan), and at the same time still gives the Miz someone to do the dirty work and help him win matches.

I too have failed to read or hear of any such talk for a Cole-lead stable. Maybe the OP is closer to WWE sources than I am so who am I to question it.

Anyhow, IF they do bring in managers and have them with stables, one would hope that they do it more like back in the day when Jimmy Hart and Bobby Heenan were managers. Which means that only the manager and the participants in the match come down to the ring, NOT the whole stable like you see with Nexus or The Corre. Sure once in awhile other Heenan co-horts got involved, but usually in a run-in type situation.

If they ever create a "Colemine" stable I would hope that Swagger is the top guy and you leave Miz out because Miz doesn't need it. Although The Miz could be a "friend" of the stable. I would have the stable start out slowly with Swagger and another guy like maybe McIntyre as a tag-team going for the tag titles, then maybe grow it gradually.

I think Cole managing a stable would be great, as long as he's not an announcer anymore. I like him in a manager's role tho.
Jack Swagger-leader
Mason Ryan & Zeke Jackson-Enforcers
Drew McIntyre-pretty boy technical wrestler
Tyler Rekks-the black sheep/semi jobber until the rest of the group turns on him down the road.

I actually mentioned Cole having a stable such as The Heenan Family in my managers thread. and I threw in the idea of him and Vickie managing Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, and a heel tag team of Tyler Recks and Chris Masters. and I'm still sticking with this idea, adding Miz in the stable wouldn't really help him since they're working on his huge face turn already, so the stable I mentioned above is just right.

Michael Cole was WAY TOO MUCH heat to remain a broadcaster. With WWE supposedly reviving the concept of managers, he'd be great. Obviously, Jack Swagger would be a good choice. Alex Riley could use a change of scenery from just being Miz's flunky. One or two more guys to help round it out.

Do NOT send them after John Cena right away, though. Have them go against the mid-carders first to build up some heat, maybe win the US and/or tag titles. They can also serve as Miz's backup if needed.

Wow...it's rare for me to come across an idea I like on these forums, but this one I REALLY like.

Michael Cole managing Miz, Riley, Swagger and McIntyre together known as "The Colemine" is brilliant. He really needs to get out of announcing...and this would be the perfect gig for him.

The Miz isn't too big to be in this 'supposed' stable.

We all know that The Miz doesn't need a mouth piece; however, when I think of this scenario, another comes to mind. Remember The Corporation with McMahon and son and their figure head was The Rock!? The Miz could play much of the same role that The Rock played for The Corporation.

I think it would work out great.

Jack Swagger, Michael Cole, Dolph Ziggler, and Vickie Guerrero. That's all you need right there. To me, that would be a great tag-team, with two managers. Plus, I can't help but feel that Cole is the GM..

Cole doesn't need to back a stable. He just needs to manage one guy. While he does back the Miz, what they have going on with him and Jack Swagger is the right thing to do. Swagger can generate heat on his own, but in order to get pushed to the next level, Cole needs to help him. The only issue right now is that Swagger and Cole look ridiculous they way they are now. While they attract heat like an oven, it's very difficult to be taken seriously with the way they act. What needs to happen now is simple. Michael Cole needs to be revealed as the Raw GM. Having power is what's going to make to make him into Mr. McMahon's successor. A stable might work later on down the road, but no where in the foreseeable future.

The Coleperation.. Coleperate Ministry.. Cole-ition...

On a more serious note like I said I would like Cole to manage a tag team and take them to the top more than see him be the figurehead of a heel stable. I agree with whoever said he now as too much heat to carry on just being a broadcaster so a role as manager or GM is surely around the corner.

Perhaps he could become the manager of The Corre and have Jack Swagger join them or turn on Swagger and join The Corre resulting in a Jack Swagger face turn and a fued with Wade Barrett for the IC Title and/or World Heavyweight Championship contender spot?

I said this on my other thread, but it sort of fits right here.

King Patrick said:
Jericho wants to come back with a new gimmick. I say the only gimmick left for Jericho to do would be the leader / manager of a Stable. Yes, he has had partners before, but now is the time to elevate the future the same way past Stable leaders did. Miz, Sheamus, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler would do just fine under Jericho’s leadership. All former WWE / World Champions. All young and hungry. The stable name… “Future”.

This would actually work better with Michael Cole as the Manager. Chris Jericho could be the Main Eventer of the Stable, but with both Jericho and Cole as the men on the Mic, similar to James J. Dillion and Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff and Hollywood Hogan, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, I could see Cole and Jericho working well together. Add Vicki Guerrero because of her association with Dolph Ziggler and you have extra heat. Can't get enough heat for a Heel group, right?? You have a younger, fresher, Main Event Mafia / New Blood combination. All former World Champions, all with plenty of time left on their careers, how can it get better?? How can they lose??

Okay, I’ll even add Drew McIntyre in the “Matt Morgan trying to join the M. E. Mob” role. He’s not a former World Champ, but he’s really, really close.

Imagine the promos with Chris Jericho, Miz, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Michael Cole, Vicki Guerrero, and Drew McIntyre. That’s got to be Gold, even for at least a year.

I really need to work on the Stable name. Future or Millennium doesn't cut it for me.

Well before you negative rep me on this, just hear me out...

We (both IWC and Casuals) thought that at Wrestlemania, Cole will get the beating of a lifetime and will be out of the WWE for a few months to return a bit sober and as a play by play... Didnt happen.. The match went on for eternity and it felt like a typical face match.. The King got beaten and stomped for quite a while, gets in a few punches in the end and BOOM finish.. Next thing we know, GM chimes in and Cole is the winner via DQ..

Come RAW, Jerry wins against Swagger and gets another shot at Cole.. Again the same scenario, but this time Cole gets a pinfall win.. These things have made me believe that VKM is mega high on this guy and he is still with Swagger (whose face turn is overdue IMO)..

Now that Extreme Rules has come and gone, Kharma has debuted and Cole is still around with Swagger, I have thought of another thing. Now Cole has been insulting the divas match (stating the truth), but still he has been saying ugly things for months now regarding their section... What if he actually starts to manage Kharma and form a small stable of Kharma, Swagger and Cole.. The guy is undoubtedly the biggest asshole in the biz and that has brought creditability to Swagger.. Now Kharma/Kong is a known female wrestlers but watching Extreme Rules last night, I saw the reactions of a few flabbergasted fans.. What better way to get her heat than allegiance with the most over heel/douche in the industry.. Her actions last night mean that she is going to destroy everyone.. Let her have a mouth piece as well to put her over apart from her actions.. And let Cole hide behind her when Swagger isnt around.. It can be a Win-Win for both...

P.S. I would still love nothing more than Kharma/Kong ripping Cole into pieces, shredding him to bits and feeding him to my pet dog.. Than grab a mic, say that the videos were a joke, I cam here for this.. Than fly away in a dragon..

I can dream, right.. :suspic:

I think we're on our way to a Cole faction. He's got Swagger and now it seems like they've set the stage for Kharma to become part of that group as well. Even though she "went after" Cole last week on Raw, I could see them selling it as Cole being able to convince her to join he and Swagger using the fear the divas have of her as her chance to dominate the divas division and make it bigger than it ever was, if only she'll listen to him. That he'll speak for her while she's on her path of destruction and then he'll guide her to come out during any divas match and destroy all competitors. This could lead to an eventual spot where all the divas team up against her and beat her down with Cole leaving her high and dry. Once she comes back from the beatdown, she goes after Cole for leaving her in her time of need and Cole can sell it as he being too weak (or weaker) to have fulfilled her destiny as part of the "Coleminers".

I'm not sure a stable is the right thing. Frankly Cole is too over and too good to not be a manager. I think right now the best way to use Cole is to pair him with Kharma in a feud against the Divas. Since he trashes the division every week, what better way than to a)get Kharma over and b) create a genuinely interesting and entertaining storyline with the divas. The potential for this is immense.

I'm not sure a stable is the right thing. Frankly Cole is too over and too good to not be a manager. I think right now the best way to use Cole is to pair him with Kharma in a feud against the Divas. Since he trashes the division every week, what better way than to a)get Kharma over and b) create a genuinely interesting and entertaining storyline with the divas. The potential for this is immense.

I agree with you. The heat Cole is getting now week in and week out is enormous and it would be a shame from a production value, to waste that. Keep him engaged beyond his feud with Lawler. Either make Swagger a devastating heel or turn him face. But this milktoast thing of Swagger constantly attacking Lawler is wasted motion. I'd like to see Swagger as a massive heel because I'm not sure he can credibly pull off a face turn. But also, as you said, pair up Kharma and Cole (which they could actually do tonight.) and get Kharma the same kind of huge heel heat, and add some real depth and interest to the divas division.

He should also be given his own interview segment every few weeks just like Pipers Pit, The Funeral Parlor etc.. called The Cole Chamber . He can use this to push his tag team feuds and to use his interviewing skills on different wrestlers each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back