Is there a Brand feud in the makings??

chrisgod

I'm a mark so what?
When the post-Mania draft was announced I tought about this one as someone pointed out in the thread that in SvR 2009 this is what happens after you finish a one-year round.

I think this one has failed or was not that big... I can remember some potential on the Invasion angle, the beginning of the ECW brand with some sort of ECW vs WWE, also this match a couple of years ago at cyber sunday between the champions (Booker, Cena, Big Show), the interbrand matches during the last WMs and obviously the Batista - Umaga brand supremacy match last year.

But this year I have the feeling that this may be the direction, and with the current "top championship-less" situation on raw (altough this can change as soon as today) this could be a great choice for a big storyline...

Here are some facts that could help to build this angle:

1 I supose there will be at least one interbrand match at WM, which could be billed just like last year as a "Brand Supremacy" match, and this one could include an ECW representative also.

2 At least a couple of times has been mentioned (on TV and storyline wise I mean) that Stephanie is not doing well as Raw GM,

3 Last years Draft picks were given in matches, so the winning wrestler / team earned a pick for his / her brand, this could add some fuel if a brand gets a lot more talent than the other ones...

4 Currently (and I said this could change tonight), there is no Raw top title, which can make Vickie Guerrero appear on raw tonight to say she is the best manager today as her show has both the WWE and WHC

5 After Edge won the WHC last night, I guess there will be people complaining (Jericho anyone?) because he took a spot for a Raw wrestler and got the title.

6 There have been "talent exchange agreements" between ECW and Raw / SD, with ECW stars appearing on the other shows, but ECW never gets any benefit from that talent exchange, as they usually get regular mid-card jobbers from the other brands, or nothing at all... If you were a GM i guess you would be pissed to see Miz and Morrison, Evan Bourne, etc wrestling everywhere but in their own show...

Now with all of this we could explore some scenarios:

1 The heel GMs and obviously the heel champions could go saying that they are bigger than their counterparts...

2 As I said, one brand getting much more picks, or a couple of huge names (i. e. Undertaker, Jeff Hardy and Edge all to Raw)... which could lead to a GM complaining

3 A escenario that never has been explored, what if a wrestler does not want to change brands?? Like JBL, when he lost to Mysterio, he argued that he had contract with the WWE not with Teddy Long or SD, so he stayed as an announcer...

4 the title shot that Orton earned... with the current title situation, he must go to SD or ECW to challenge any champion... It's not like the champion must go to Raw so Orton uses his shot...

5 with both Edge and HHH champions on the same show at the same time, I can see promos about who is the most valuable, and when eventually one of the titles moves to Raw, this could continue leading to a "champion of champions" match...

I have the feeling that something Huge is coming after what happened at NWO and this could fit...

Toughts???

Very possible. A Smackdown vs Raw wrestlemania would be very cool. One Mania match I heard rumored a while back was HBK VS Taker... I did see how that could happen but if they did go that route that match does make sense. You know tonight someone will have a problem with Edge winning the title and more importantly there is 7 weeks until Mania which I think is great because we all the changes from tonight they have plenty of time 2 promote a hell of a show whatever they do with it.

Honestly, I see HHH going to Raw soon to be part of the storyline with the McMahons, because after all, that's what he is now, and it'll end up being Orton vs HHH at 'Mania. Doing this makes Orton's rumble victory mean something, as he has a title shot at WM, and him against Edge doesn't factor in with the McMahon storyline. This also leads to a possible multi-challenger match for Edge's title. Hopefully WWE doesn't waste Undertaker's loss at 'Mania on Edge, who now is an 8 time champion and doesn't need the boost. Having a Triple Threat or Fatal 4-Way can continue Taker's streak if he's not pinned.

I thought about the possiblity of a Smackdown vs Raw wrestlemania also. But I really don't like the idea. Wrestlemania would be better if they just have multiple seperate storylines instead of one big storyline. I personally like seeing big rivalries coming to a end at wrestlemania. I don't really want to see all the smackdown and raw wrestlers coming together unified and showing team spirit. I really believe that if the WWE went into wrestlemania using just one big brand vs brand feud wrestlemania would lose a lot of it's luster.

Well if they want to unify the tag title and the world titles, then that's definately a good way to do it, I know I'd enjoy watching how it pans out.

It'd give some great 'Mania mathces, like Colons vs Miz Morrisson and CM Punk ve Shelton Benjamin. And imagine if one of those matches was a ladder match!
The only thing a brand war wouldn't affect is the MitB match, which I hope would still be free for all..

If WWE does do this, I could imagine it as their way of saying to TNA "THIS is how you do a war-style angle"
It could potentially be great... potentially...

I thought about the possiblity of a Smackdown vs Raw wrestlemania also. But I really don't like the idea. Wrestlemania would be better if they just have multiple seperate storylines instead of one big storyline. I personally like seeing big rivalries coming to a end at wrestlemania. I don't really want to see all the smackdown and raw wrestlers coming together unified and showing team spirit. I really believe that if the WWE went into wrestlemania using just one big brand vs brand feud wrestlemania would lose a lot of it's luster.

I was thinking more of a Post-Mania feud started by the results of a single "brand supremacy" match... and being built around the Draft matches... if this draft is handled as it was last year...

so Mania could be the beginning and the angle being worked trough summerslam or something like that... and with some champion of champions match... which I supose should be easy to build as they usually have 2 heel champs and only 1 face (considering ECW title as a world title)

I do like the whole idea of instead of a single match, have an entire ppv dedicated to brand supremacy. But certainly it can't be Wrestlemania. It's the biggest show of the year and it deserves for a bunch of huge storylines to come to a head, not one big one. Plus how would you get the titles involved without unifying them? It just wouldn't work.

I do think this could work for something like Judgment Day. It's a ppv that has had good matches in the past, but as of late has been lackluster. It's kind of in the middle of major storylines going into a ppv (going into Mania and Summerslam) so it's normally not quite as good as some other shows. But if you do something like this it'll increase interest in the product.

Also it could work for Survivor Series I think. Have the champions square off (U.S. vs IC, WHC vs WWE {idk about adding ECW}; World tag vs WWE tag; Women's vs Divas) then you have the best of the rest in a traditional Survivor Series match to end the show and decide which brand is truly the best.

I agree with Starchild. I like the idea of a ppv that's fully dedicated to Brand supremacy which they could possibly do but to have it as wrestlemania i don't think would be a good idea considering all of the potential feuds/match that may occur at mania.

However, it could work for something like Survivor Series, Summerslam or Cyber Sunday. If they ever wanted to end the Brand split than they could have an entire ppv dedicated to Brand Supremacy. It would be pretty sick though.

Honestly, I think HHH needs to return to RAW, and destroy Orton in a match that decides Orton's fate on RAW. Thus, palcing Orton on to Smackdown. Maybe even say that Orton, and Trips were traded who knows? In any case Orton should be on SD, as his last stint was way to short. HHH owns Raw, and needs a strong heel turn with his wife Stephanie after Randy is gone.

Trips and Steph running RAW would be delightful as it would seem so real. Not like Vickie/Edge which is obviously fake(scripted). Would be nice to see Trips/Stephanie working the mic, and playing to the internet fans. Perhaps saying things like "Yes we are married, and yes we do run this business". Completely relishing in the fact that they aren't some script like Smackdown. Thus, perpetuating the brand feud in to something more personal.

I will even go farther, and say that I wouldn't even mind the rehasing of Trips/Stephanie v.s Jericho. They have both come a long way in their characters. Jericho could easily turn face should HHH turn heel while joining RAW in the scenario I suggested. Both have come a long way since the last time they had a feud. No, it doesn't have to be exactly like last time, but just another feud could be special.

Personally, I dont see brand feuds after WM simply because Survivor Series is the stage for it. Lets remember for the past couple years there have been Raw vs SD type fights only on Survivor Series. And another thing, Vickie vs Stephanie??? :S This aint Flair vs McMahon..at that time it was hella possible. Right now, it doesnt seem too likely

Im also not into world champs hooking it up cause we've seen that terrible triple threat with cena, booker t, and show (i think). I just dont see it working out right now.

As much as I would like to see a Raw vs. Smackdown idea happen, I think it would backfire, why? See the Invasion angle with the WWE against the WCW/ECW Alliance. I don't like the idea of Triple H going back to Raw when he has unfinished business on Smackdown. I could see Edge being involved with a war with Raw, it could work, particularlly if him or Trips don't go now, but he gets drafted after Wrestlemania, it builds enough heat for him and everyone would want a piece of the Rated R Superstar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back