Is the WWE finally building a credible Tag Team Division?

I don’t think so. I still can’t seem to get into the tag matches. If they are trying it’s going to be awhile. They have people they could team up with so much potential. I don’t know what they are doing backstage but they are wasting opportunities left and right.
They need to put in some highflyers, bigger people that can dominate, and technical wrestlers. Mix it up a little more.

Mason and Jackson
Gabrial and Kidd
Swagger and Kidd
Cesaro and McIntyre
(Just mix it up a little)

If VKM really wanted to revamp the tag teams it would be very easy. first u already have alex shelly under contract go ahead and give him a little known partner and reform the machine guns, reunite the kings of wrestling, and bring back the worlds greatest tag team for another run.

then bring in matt morgan team him with someone like jeremah ( from tough enough. not him but someone his size and ability) put them with animal and bring back the LOD

that and keep 4 of the teams now:
usos
rex and hawkins
primo and epico
PTP

then u would have 8 very solid teams

Tag Team Division is looking up, for the most part.

I absolutely HATED that 8 man tag match where Big Show came out after and took out everyone except the POS Prime Time Players.

I know it's almost Wrestling 101 since how else do you make a big giant look dominant than having him pick on guys half his size?

I hate that Hunico & Camacho are mostly getting buried right now. They are way more unique and exciting than the prime time players who look so awful in their ring attire it's nearly impossible to watch them unless they are getting beat down.

There is a bit of a problem with the tag division in that, as people have mentioned, the tag teams only appear good against other tag teams but if they face any of the 'top Superstars' they look incredibley weak. I'm sure that's a bit of a result of the fact that the average height of the Superstars in tag teams right now is about 6' but that doesn't mean those teams can't fight hard.

The Hardy Boys, New Age Outlaws weren't that much bigger than teams like Hunico & Camacho, Reks & Hawkins or R-Truth and Kofi so they should be able to show that they are credible tag teams.

I feel bad for Primo & Epico right now because they are very good wrestlers and fun to watch but the fans don't seem to know how to react to them right now. They come out to a mixture of boos and cheers but they are clearly trying to be faces but I think fans still see them as heels because their face turn was so brief (I believe it had something to do with them running in and saving one tag team getting beat down by another tag team after a match). Fans haven't got enough of a reminder why they should cheer for them.

Anyways, that's just a bit of a beef I have.

I really hope The Usos get a big push but they won't until a heel tag team wins the titles - which I fear will be the prime time players - I'd much rather it be Hunico & Camacho or Reks & Hawkins but whatever... The Usos are a great tag team and I believe are rising in popularity and could become part of a new age of where tag teams are popular again to the point where they are one of the must-see matches on a PPV card, not just a pre-show.

I want to see Tag Team Triple Threat Ladder Matches again, Tag Team Turmoil matches, something, ANYTHING to spruce up the Tag Division.

Yes, I do believe that the WWE now has a credible tag team division, but to solidify it, one of the tag teams has to win the tag team titles. Kofi and Truth shouldn't have the titles because they are not a tag team, or at least a credible one. I like the Prime Time Players because they have charisma and AW can get them heat because he is always talking. Hunico and Camacho should have always been a tag team. I did not enjoy the original idea of Camacho being his protector, so i am now glad that they are a tag team. I am excited for the division and I can only hope it gets better.

I think that the WWE is definetly trying to make a credible Tag Team Division. I have ALWAYS loved watching Tag Team matches and was always hoping they would make better Tag Teams. I currently love PTP and Hunico and Primo. I think they could make a few more tag teams just to make it even better. Maybe Khali and Mahal just to spice it up a little. I don't know, it's just a thought.

I went to a house show last night and the Prime Time Players really won me over. I think they're a fun heel team but that's not enough. As I said before, the WWE needs to treat the teams with more respect. Stop feeding them to singles stars and stop breaking teams up the moment they start to get over.

Bring in Ascension and Jake Carter/Corey Graves from NXT. They are better than any of the teams currently on the main roster. They will lift the Tag Div up if creative get behind them...

I have always liked the WWE more when it's tag team division was one of it's best areas. The past few years, it's been almost non-existent. But I believe the WWE is starting to revamp it. It's not the greatest tag team division I've ever seen, but it's a start.

Kofi and Truth make a decent pair, but I think it would be even better if Kofi had a different partner. I'm sorry, but R-Truth has never impressed me much. The Uso's seem like a good tag team, but the team I'm REALLY starting to like is the Prime Time Players. I don't know why, but they just seem like the perfect tag team. They're very flashy, they have a catchy name, they have a manager that fits their gimmick well, they're good in the ring, and of course they're just prime time players!

Maybe a couple more really good tag teams and the WWE would be set as far as this division goes.

Kofi and Truth make a decent pair, but I think it would be even better if Kofi had a different partner. I'm sorry, but R-Truth has never impressed me much.

How can you like Kofi and not like R-Truth?

How are you not impressed by a running spinning forearm shot in which Truth spins like 2 full rotations before landing?

If you're not into the whole rap or popping and locking thing, fine, then I guess you won't like R-Truths style but his IS an impressive Superstar, incredibley athletic.

If you want to be unimpressed by anyone it should be Darren Young and Titus O'Neil. They do nothing any other Superstar couldn't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back