Is The Undertaker un-draftable?

A-Zone

Dark Match Winner
This is my first ever thread so I hope it hasn't been done before. As far as I know it hasn't. I was watching the Raw draft last night and I remember thinking, after Orton got drafted to Smackdown, who could possibly takeover the top baby face role left by then Smackdown superstar, John Cena. The only name big enough I could think of was The Undertaker. How shocking would it be if Undertaker was the last name drafted to RAW? Since he returned in 2004 he's pretty much been a regular fixture on Smackdown but if Vince really wanted to shake things up I think Undertaker being drafted to RAW would truly change the entire WWE landscape and would be something no one would see coming. So your thoughts? Do you think Taker should be drafted to RAW before he retires? Would it ruin his immortal larger than life gimmick if he was seen as a regular superstar, who like everyone else, could easily be drafted? Is there anything left that he hasn't done that could aid RAW or it's new roster of young talent?

Undertaker will never be drafted to Raw. He has always been a Smackdown guy because of the schedule...its not as demanding as Raw. Since 2007 he has been part-time anyway, so why put him on Raw if he isn't going to be a main attraction. Plus he cant hold a good match anymore, anyone that he wrestles would have to carry that match...and none of the mid-card or main eventers (besides Cena and Orton) can do that. That was the reasoning behind the no holds barred match with Triple H.

Besides...Undertaker is slowly retiring, I wouldn't be surprised if we dont see him more than once or twice from now until Wrestlemania 28.

I don't think he will ever get drafted to Raw, mainly because he probably won't be around come next years draft. Not to mention that he takes way to much time off for his injuries to be the top babyface.

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree with you.

Yes, he may well have been undraftable once, but at this stage of his career, where he is on the verge of retirement, where he has the most minimal schedule possibly anyone in the WWF/E has ever had, drafting him to Raw would have been pretty stupid.

The top babyface needs to appear on Raw every week. They need to do most house shows and attend most if not all touring events.

As much as I've enjoyed watching him thoughout his career, Taker just isn't that guy any more. As the 2nd/3rd face of Raw, sure, but his body just cant handle it.

He's not going to have regular fueds any more and wont be wrestling nearly full-time so it doesn't really matter what brand hes on. When its needed he he comes on RAW to promote matches and do some promos so even if hes on SmackDown that doesn't really matter because he still faces some of the RAW guys and shows up there. Also I think the SmackDown backstage scene needs Undertaker to stay on that brand so he can be backstage and stay as SmackDowns "locker room leader".

Undertaker just isnt up to the physical challenge of being in the spotlight that often otherwise i'm sure he would be used. For the most i think we'll only see him on the road to wrestlemania 28 when he goes 20-0 then retires.

Undertaker will be around for years. At the very least he'll be wrestling at Mania each year for the foreseeable.

Undertaker doesn't need to be drafted, like Cena people are drafted around him. If there's a feud they want Undertaker involved in either they'll ignore the brand split or that individual will move brands to accommodate Undertaker.

It doesn't really matter if he moves to Raw or stays on Smackdown anyway.

The Undertaker is easily draftable, but the reason he wasn't drafted last night was because he's not ready to return.

If he had been drafted to Raw last night he would have had to return there and then, plus people would expect him back the following week as well.

Looking at the scenario's possible now, it could well be Taker vs Randy Orton at Wrestlemania next year. Unless of course they are going with HHH again.

To answer your last question, being on raw in general would aid it, but Undertaker doesn't (correct me if i'm wrong) put over a lot of young talent.

Quick side note, not nit picking, but when making threads I find seperating the questions from your statement helps a hell of a lot

Taker hasn't been a strong "live performer" on a consistant basis for years... he builds to one big match, hits it out the park then starts building for the next one... RAW requires people who are best in the pressure cooker live environment, it's why Cena and HBK rarely ever appear on Smackdown.

Undertaker is never going to be drafted to Raw. He was a mainstay of Smackdown for almost a decade, other than during Wrestlemania season when he shows up on both brands to promote his matches for the streak. At this point he is at such a legendary level that he could be on either show and yes basically is undraftable due to the fact that he's on a level above everyone else and him moving to Raw wouldn't change anything, he appears on both shows and would anyhow no matter which roster he was on.

There are certain guys where you say they are on that brand for good. John Cena is a Raw guy and Undertaker is a Smackdown guy. It also doesn't matter as much about which brand they are on as people switch and appear on each show regularly. It is mostly for the mid card guys to get a push and new feuds. You usually see guys like Edge, Big Show, Kane as the big names moved.

From just before the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania people are on both shows so much that it doesn't even matter. For the Undertaker from Wrestlemania to the next Years Royal Rumble he hardly appears anyways. Possibly a Summerslam and Survivor series match but hardly anything else. Same goes for HHH now as well. He doesn't need to go to Smackdown because he is not going to appear as much.

I agree with a lot of what has been said here regarding the draft. In general, the yearly draft is really for the regular workers who will appear on a consistent basis, as that's who a draft of this nature would affect the most. Sure, some "legends" images may appear in the circular drawing of superstars, but that's only to add an anything can happen feel, not that an Undertaker or HHH would actually "switch" brands.

Truthfully, it doesn't really matter which brand guys like these call home, as we've seen evidence of most recently prior to Wrestlemania. HHH effectively didn't have a brand upon return. His was essentially RAW because he appeared on that show the most. Undertaker did have a brand, but the most critical parts of his angle with HHH played out on RAW, not Smackdown. For all intents and purposes, both guys were "RAW" guys but by the same token, they could've moved the whole thing to Smackdown just as easily. Of course, Smackdown wouldn't have given them the "audience" necessary to build a big feud... that's another critical piece of the picture when considering affiliated brand, particularly with legends/icons.

In short, the brand affiliation only matters to your everyday workers, not the legends wrestling limited schedules and making minimal television appearances during the year. Guys like Undertaker and HHH will effectively go where the "money" is for big feuds and right now, that's on RAW, with a special appearance on Smackdown to boost ratings, help out a storyline, etc.

Moving Undertaker to RAW would be pointless and a waste of a draft pick. Takers rarely ever there, and when he is hes usually promoting his Wrestlemania streak match. But Most importantly, however, hes Smackdown's pride and joy. He symbolizes the legacy in the blue brand and drafting him to RAW would be like drafting Cena to SD in the sense that the brand would lose its "identity". Its a surprise that they drafted Rey to RAW, seeing as hes also on the level on Undertaker in representing what Smackdown is all about. Plus he helps out with the hispanic audience. Taker and Rey both attract the majority of Smackdowns audience. PS- Imo Rey getting drafted to RAW is an indication that his career might be coming to an end, and theyre looking to end it in a big way.

Why are you saying NO. You lot say that he can't be drafted because he isn't there every week. Well, he isn't there every week on SmackDown! and being placed on Raw would make little or no change (as long as they trade him with someone that will actually show up every week)

So, my answer is Yes, he is draftable.

I don't think the Undertaker will ever be drafted. He's listed as as Smackdown superstar. Yet he's more of a special attraction wrestler these days. He can show up on Raw anytime he's one of the guys that's not limited to one brand. For that last three Wrestlemanias he has faced a Raw guy and appeared on both shows to build the match. Since he isn't around much and can appear on both shows. I don't see the point in drafting him.

He will never get drafted to raw because his body cant take it anymore, espescially after wrestlemanias. His last regular appearances on smackdown were with his feud with kane, but that only lasted about two months before he got injured again. I am hoping that he retires after WM28 to keep him from damaging himself beyond repair because i do not want to see him in a real vegetative state an i do not think anyone else does either.

According to a report I saw a few minutes ago, the Wrestling Observer says that The Undertaker will be going to Raw upon his return to WWE television. According to the report, there's talk of moving Taker to Raw in order to keep an established babyface on Raw as Randy Orton was moved to SmackDown!

While, technically, Taker wasn't part of the Draft, he's really beyond the Draft at this point. If he wants to go to Raw then they'll put him on Raw. He'll also go to Raw management tells him that he's needed there.

Undertaker just isnt up to the physical challenge of being in the spotlight that often otherwise i'm sure he would be used. For the most i think we'll only see him on the road to wrestlemania 28 when he goes 20-0 then retires.

Hopefully not against Triple H, or anybody he has already beaten, might I add.

Now, in response to the original post, I don't think he's going to be drafted for many of the reasons stated above. For the past years, he's come and gone time and time again. I give the guy the utmost respect I could ever give any WWE superstar, but I pray that he retires after WrestleMania 28, if not sooner. Every time I watch his matches I'm in suspense, but not for the right reasons. I was there in Dallas watching his Hell in a Cell match with Kane...and I was scared for his health. Kane slams this guy like its no big deal, and I'm sure 'Taker can take it (lulz), but I'm always thinking "wtf Kane, chill!" When he retires, he deserves to be able to walk injury free, so heading to Raw wouldn't do him any good. I'd love for him too, but it's just not going to happen.

Undertaker will never be drafted to Raw. He has always been a Smackdown guy because of the schedule...its not as demanding as Raw. Since 2007 he has been part-time anyway, so why put him on Raw if he isn't going to be a main attraction. Plus he cant hold a good match anymore, anyone that he wrestles would have to carry that match...and none of the mid-card or main eventers (besides Cena and Orton) can do that. That was the reasoning behind the no holds barred match with Triple H.

Besides...Undertaker is slowly retiring, I wouldn't be surprised if we dont see him more than once or twice from now until Wrestlemania 28.

Yes of course. He can't put on a good match except wrestling the match of the year just 2 years ago. And Cena and Orton are the only wrestlers who can carry the quality of the match, yes of course. When was their last match of the year again? Or when you list great "wrestlers" -not superstars- where do Orton and Cena belong? I can add more but there is no need. When you tell the sun is bright you don't need to many words

Undertaker is one of those cross brand superstars who really can appear on whatever show he so pleases. Undertaker has been on Smackdown for a LONG time now and is a staple in on the brand. Also you must realize that Undertaker wrestles around five matches a year so clearly it doesn't matter where he is. Also, did you relaize he wasn't even present at the Draft, why? Because the Draft is so close to Wrestlemania and we all know Undertaker takes time to heal the wounds.

1) no he shouldnt, he should stay put. plus he is never around so moving him is pointless.
2)takers rep cant be destroyed he is the undertaker and thats the bottom line, plus taker is never around so does it matter?
3)RAW doesnt need help, and the creative team wouldnt let new talet beat him, he would someone win.

let him stay on the blue show, or better yet, how about he retire.

Appearing once every 6 months is getting old lets hope next years WM is his LAST WM

everyone knows hes broke down and needs to be sent to the glue factory

If Taker wasn't part time, I'd say no cause SD would need him more but with him being part time and the latest draft I see Taker being drafted to Raw cause the bigger threats for his WM streak are on Raw, guys like Alberto Del Rio, Cena, Miz, Rock (even if it's not full time, he will be on Raw). The only threat on SD that he hasn't faced yet is Sheamus. So I'm pretty sure it will be a Raw guy that Taker faces next year and with the latest report being that Taker may go to Raw, I can believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back