• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Cruiserweight Championship needed?

Do you guys think the cruiserweight championship is needed?
No, not really...there isn't too much you can do with it if it return...looking at WWE, they'll kill it more and have Hornswoggle run around with it!!

I'll answer the other questions..

How woud you bring it back?
A tournament..or like a 6-pack challenge, or a battle royal!!

Who would you have as champion?
As for now...Evan Bourne!!

Who would you have competing for it?
Those that you named with the exception of JTG!

They really don't need to bring this championship back. Evan Bourne would be the marquis guy in the division and he is competing for the US Title so that would take your best guy away. A lot of the guys you named are jobbers and I don't think that I would believe it if they started winning championships all of a sudden. People need to drop the ideas for the Cruiserweight Championship and just be happy with the current set up.

There is no real reason to bring it back. To me, the Cruiserweight title and division is one of the most overrated topics the IWC points to as a success. They did have some good matches but it was never hot. The title was only hot when Jericho held it and that was because Jericho was entertaining as champion and the feuds and rivalries he created while champion. After he dropped the title, it was never that great a division again.

And it severely limits promising younger smaller guys and pigeon-holes them into a spot. It happened with Jericho, Rey, Eddie, etc. in WCW. Yes it did help them with some exposure but the people only care if the guy holding the title is entertaining. It's not needed. You can have great cruiserweight style matches without the title.

Hell no. It's a step in the wrong direction for the WWE and the small guys to become convincing future main eventers. Sonics Garage pretty much took the words out of my mouth. You want small guys competing for a title? The IC and US titles are still around, you know.

a part of me says yes and a part says no.

Yes because it would give guys like Chavo Guerrero, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder and Santino a reason to be involved in storylines.. plus, does the Cruiserweight title really wanna end on having a midget as their last champ?

No because it was never really an important title, sure it gave us guys like Paul London, Funaki and Spike Dudley some recognition.. but in the end of the day, the title was in the little leagues.. the only wrestlers who really rose up from the cruiserweight title scene to the main event scene were Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero (although, the last 2 held the WCW Cruiserweight title, not the WWE version). It was a title that pretty much held down smaller talent and never gave them the opportunity to go higher.

The Cruiserweight Championship was no longer needed the second the WWE slapped it on Hornswoggle. It has been retired for well over three years now and if it were brought back it would be even more useless than it already was. The WWE is making more legitimate contender out of smaller wrestlers with Rey Mysterio and Evan Bourne getting the pushes they have received lately. Why would WWE bring back a title that would ultimately force anyone 220lb. or under to compete for? WWE is doing a great job making smaller guys seem credible by having them in the hunt for major singles titles. The cruiserweight title did the same thing but it kind of made cruiserweights less credible due to the fact that they were too "small" to contend for anything else or to leave the division. Now the smaller guys are turning heads, as they show off their impressive moves and what not since they are competing at the same level as every other superstar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back