Is Kaitlyn where she is on her own merit?

prosenfi

Dark Match Winner
I know hindsight's always 20:20, but if you think back to NXT season 3, Kaitlyn was not always scheduled to be a rookie. Her pro, Vickie, was originally paired with Aloisha the Giant, but she was replaced with Kaitlyn before the show even started due to some provocative pictures being released of Aloisha. Lo and behold, Kaitlyn won the entire show.

My questions are (1) Would Aloisha have won NXT, season 3? If she would have, would the Diva's division be in a different place. (2) Where would Kaitlyn be right now? Would she have made it onto the main roster on her own?

Kaitlyn wouldve been called up regardless, it may have just taken longer. Aloisha wouldve won and run through all the divas until a at the time injured beth phenoix returned and had an incredible feud. beth wouldve beedn victorious only to have the bones picked by a debuting heel kaitlyn. kaitlyn is the closest in power to beth so it wouldve played out probably similair to the undertaker/kamala feud. undertaker beats kamala and wippleman debuts giant gonzales to beat down the undertaker in revenge. hopefully aloisha wouldve been better then gonzales or khali though. but if the giant female wouldve won, there may not have been a need to bring in kharma unless aloisha destroyed even phenoix. the division wouldve been better then it is now anyway.

I'd say that Kaitlyn would have been called to the main roster eventually, no matter what. Kaitlyn has a good look, especially if you're into women that have more of a fitness competitor type of look rather than a bikini model. She's worked hard in WWE and made the most of the generally limited opportunities she's been given.

The thing about Aloisia is that she had a very impressive and unique look. It's not very often you run across a woman whose 6'9" and 250 pounds. However, that's about all she had going for her. I've seen footage of her wrestling, including a tryout she was given in TNA, and the woman can't wrestle to save her life. She's not at all athletic, she's slow, awkward in the ring and has trouble with all but the most basic stuff. Essentially, she's a female version of The Great Khali.

I know hindsight's always 20:20, but if you think back to NXT season 3, Kaitlyn was not always scheduled to be a rookie. Her pro, Vickie, was originally paired with Aloisha the Giant, but she was replaced with Kaitlyn before the show even started due to some provocative pictures being released of Aloisha. Lo and behold, Kaitlyn won the entire show.

My questions are (1) Would Aloisha have won NXT, season 3? If she would have, would the Diva's division be in a different place. (2) Where would Kaitlyn be right now? Would she have made it onto the main roster on her own?

It's funny, because, even though she was only added at the last minute, from the very first second Kaitlyn stepped onscreen it was obvious she was going to be the star of that NXT season. She had personality and acting ability to spare. The only thing holding her back was lack of experience. So I'm not surprised at all that Kaitlyn is getting this divas push.

BUT, Kaitlyn is not getting that push 'on her own merit', as much as due to a severely depleted Divas roster. Literally every wrestler they've invested time into over the last three years (Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Kharma, Maryse, and until just now, the Bella Twins) is gone. Even AJ left, she's essentially an upper midcard/main event worker. Kaitlyn got the belt because there was just no one else even mildly compelling around. There's not even anyone for her to feud with, other than this heatless Layla tease.

Kaitlyn is a hard worker and one of the toughest Divas we've had in a long while. She gives it everything she has and takes the most brutal bumps or hits and gets right back up for more. She's very deserving of her spot, so as for that – yes, she's earned her way to the top. Maybe Aloisha would've won because she was a gimmick, but then again, you can't count out A.J., Naomi, or Kaitlyn who all managed to get themselves over in this mess of a division.

Kaitlyn got the belt because she busts her ass in the ring. Her spear is phenomenal.

My sarcasm detector isn't calibrated to you yet. :suspic:

The Divas belt is a piece of costume jewelry. The last time a girl won it and it felt to me like an achievement that had been worked for through years of grinding and good performance it was Natalya's criminally short reign. Kaitlyn has improved drastically since her time on NXT, credit where it's due on that, but she certainly doesn't have the title because she's most over or most talented Diva. I'm pretty sure it's actually the opposite-- they gave her the belt to get her over.

My sarcasm detector isn't calibrated to you yet. :suspic:

The Divas belt is a piece of costume jewelry. The last time a girl won it and it felt to me like an achievement that had been worked for through years of grinding and good performance it was Natalya's criminally short reign. Kaitlyn has improved drastically since her time on NXT, credit where it's due on that, but she certainly doesn't have the title because she's most over or most talented Diva. I'm pretty sure it's actually the opposite-- they gave her the belt to get her over.

I'm not sure what he'd be sarcastic about as she really DOES bust her ass in the ring. She's not an in-ring general but she gives it her absolute all and that's evident, and more than we could say about the Kelly Kelly's of the world.

As far as her being over, she actually was over, damn over for a diva. Maybe you're too above it, but if you're willing to lower yourself, watch her crowd reactions on RAW 1/21 & 1/28. Not to mention her and Eve's match on RAW20 pulled the highest ratings of the night. Then she was kept off of TV for 7 weeks straight, and continues to rarely make appearances. SEVEN WEEKS. Completely killed all of her momentum as it would for most people. The reasoning behind this isn't clear to me at all.

I'm not sure what he'd be sarcastic about as she really DOES bust her ass in the ring. She's not an in-ring general but she gives it her absolute all and that's evident, and more than we could say about the Kelly Kelly's of the world.

As far as her being over, she actually was over, damn over for a diva. Maybe you're too above it, but if you're willing to lower yourself, watch her crowd reactions on RAW 1/21 & 1/28. Not to mention her and Eve's match on RAW20 pulled the highest ratings of the night. Then she was kept off of TV for 7 weeks straight, and continues to rarely make appearances. SEVEN WEEKS. Completely killed all of her momentum as it would for most people. The reasoning behind this isn't clear to me at all.

So she busts her ass, thus she must win the title? Is that what you're saying? Because that's what it comes across as, and it's ******ed reasoning.

"...for a diva." Just the fact that you have to qualify it should tell you something. Either you're over or you're not. The Divas as a collective aren't over, thus being the tallest midget in the division means dick. She was kept off of TV for seven weeks for the same reason the Divas didn't have a match at WrestleMania-- very few people care. That's the reasoning.

It's not about me being above anything. When the TNA Knockouts were kicking ass four years or so ago, they were one of my main reasons for watching TNA. When Trish, Lita, Jazz, Molly, Victoria, et. al. were putting on great matches and were involved in angles that were given time, attention, and had some semblance of depth, I was all for the WWE Women's Division.

If something is shitty I'm not going to sugarcoat it, and this is coming from one of the few people on this forum and in the IWC in general who thought WrestleMania XXIX was a thoroughly enjoyable show. The Diva's division is shitty, Kaitlyn isn't over and isn't a great wrestler, and she's also boxy, stubby, and has a generic face.

tumblr_mb6njlQX411qftwhy.jpg

Don't reply.

So she busts her ass, thus she must win the title? Is that what you're saying? Because that's what it comes across as, and it's ******ed reasoning.

"...for a diva." Just the fact that you have to qualify it should tell you something. Either you're over or you're not. The Divas as a collective aren't over, thus being the tallest midget in the division means dick. She was kept off of TV for seven weeks for the same reason the Divas didn't have a match at WrestleMania-- very few people care. That's the reasoning.

It's not about me being above anything. When the TNA Knockouts were kicking ass four years or so ago, they were one of my main reasons for watching TNA. When Trish, Lita, Jazz, Molly, Victoria, et. al. were putting on great matches and were involved in angles that were given time, attention, and had some semblance of depth, I was all for the WWE Women's Division.

If something is shitty I'm not going to sugarcoat it, and this is coming from one of the few people on this forum and in the IWC in general who thought WrestleMania XXIX was a thoroughly enjoyable show. The Diva's division is shitty, Kaitlyn isn't over and isn't a great wrestler, and she's also boxy, stubby, and has a generic face.

tumblr_mb6njlQX411qftwhy.jpg

Don't reply.

No, but her being a hard worker means she's actually working for what's she's being given. You asked if he was being sarcastic for saying she busts her ass, but she does.

My exact words "over, damn over for a diva", because her reactions were string enough to classify her as over but not super over of she was in a division that was given more attention. No on really cares because they aren't given the chance to very often. It's been proven that when a Divas feud is given proper attention people do and have cared. It made no sense for them to have finally gotten Kaitlyn over only to fail to act in it. Next time, if you plan on replying, how about actually reading what I said instead of trying to be a ********.

Yes, the divas product is crappy, but it's not because of the divas themselves which is too often overlooked. Besides that, Kaitlyn is gorgeous and you'd probably never score a woman as attractive as she is, so I hope calling her boxy and stubby makes you feel better about whatever women you can actually get. For an asshole, this was a nice conversation. Bye.

Boxy and stubby lol. Man... show me Kaitlyn's ass and my face would be in it, tongue first. She's a hot piece of ass. And she hits these broads so hard with that spear, I can't say anything bad about her. She only needs to keep having those big titties and hitting chicks really hard to keep me as a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back