Kaitlyn Is Smackdown's Newest Diva

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Last night on Smackdown, Kaitlyn became the blue brand's newest Diva. She announced this during a backstage segment with Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. There seemed to some sparks between Kaitlyn and Dolph, but Vickie stepped in before things became too heated. I thought WWE had abandoned the love triangle storyline between these three, but it seems like this story might pick up again. Dolph is still Intercontinental Champion, so it'll be interesting to see how this potential storyline rebirth could affect his title reign.

As far as Kaitlyn being the new Diva on Smackdown goes, I don't know if I'm too excited about it. Kaitlyn really can't go in the ring. I know she doesn't have that much experience, but still, her matches on NXT were usually terrible. Her mic skills aren't that good either. Kaitlyn is hot. That's all she really has to offer at the moment.

What do you think about Kaitlyn's addition to the Smackdown roster? Will the NXT season 3 winner make an impact on the blue brand?

I would say it's a bit weird that the nxt winner came straight to smackdown but then again so did kaval, and the raw women's division is already clogged up enough. The only thing I am interested in seeing her do right now is getting involved in the dolph storyline, it wasn't off the charts but it was fairly interesting, and it's got more points because it has been going for a while which is always a good thing.

I'm pretty lukewarm tbh. Smackdown doesn't have looads of female competition but I doubt that she could suply it even if.. I never watched NXT but I have seen her and she is smokin and honestly, all comes back down to eye-candy, she'll be nice to look at and little else.

I almost started a thread on this, but I'll just put it here. How I'm seeing this play out is like this:

Well we all just saw Kofi get the #1 contendership back after beating Swagger. I thought the Dolph/Kofi feud was over but maybe it still is. Maybe this is where they give the belt back to Kofi, BUT due to some sort of distraction/fight involving Kaitlyn and Vickie. This would set up only one rematch between Kofi and Dolph because Dolph would be too involved in his own love triangle storyline and Kofi moves on. The rematch would probably involve Dolph losing in the same sort of manner or maybe give it to Kofi clean to start out fresh on his new title reign.

My biggest question involving that potential storyline is does this make Dolph face? I mean, we've all seen how he interacts with Kaitlyn. He comes off very face and likeable. Not to mention most people like Kaitlyn and hate Vickie.

Probably a good idea to put on the SmackDown roster considering it's size. With the loss of Tiffany it took the girls down to 5, so putting Kaitlyn there will change it to 6 (an even number). During the entire season of NXT 3, Kaitlyn played the role of both face and heel, so she's technically a tweener character who could easily make the face/heel ratio work on SD by teaming with LC. She has no history for being on RAW and isn't good enough to face for the championship as of yet, so why not put her on the show that is known for producing better women's matches out of the two shows? When she's ready, she can challenge for the title as Natalya is allowed to venture to SD anytime she likes.

Kaitlyn will learn in due time. At least she isn't the worst Diva on her roster as that award goes to Rosa Mendes (why does she still have a job?)

Bah. With Kofi Kingston winning the number one contenders match last night for the IC Title, I see this as the time WWE pulls the plug on what has been an awesome IC title run by Ziggler. I see Ziggler continuing to make slight advances towards Kaitlyn, leading to jealousy from Vickie, and interference in by both in the title match at TLC. Ultimately, I see it backfiring, and costing Ziggler the title.

Id much rather see Kaitlyn on Raw, rather then on Smackdown. Right now, her only relevance other then winning NXT 3(which doesnt mean much if how the season was handled is any indication ) is being involved with Vickie. Her only pops came from when she was making fun of Vickie. She needs to seperate from Vickie, to develop an individual personality, as well as work on her wrestling. Thats never going to happen as long as Smackdown is the LayCool show. I think a move to Raw would have been a better move, as right now, shes nothing more then valet material. With Beth returning to Smackdown, and Natalya allowed to float between shows, I dont see her being relevant on Smackdown, honestly.

Well this is certainly interesting. However I fear that the only reason Kaitlyn will be on Smackdown is due to Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler, rather than to actually use her in the divas division.

The Smackdown diva division is already busy with Laycool / Beth Phoenix and Natalya, which means there's gonna be very little need for Kaitlyn unless she sides with Beth Phoenix in a sort of power house team to compete against LayCool.

Either way, I'm intrigued to be seeing Kaitlyn on Smackdown, always nice with a bit of extra beauty on there.

She won NXT because the WWE can use her in the cut-scene and I also feel that she will manage Ziggler for quite some time. She has good mic skill, I know this cause she's good at improvising so just wait and see.

Kaitlyn doesn't necessarily have to wrestle in order to be entertaining. She's being placed in a program with the Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler, and Vickie Guerrero, undoubtably the best female heel in the company right now.

Just being on the opposing end of Vickie in a non- wrestling feud would do 10 times the wonder for this girls credibility than wrestling any of the other girls in some silly feud.

Besides LayCool none of the other girls on Smackdown have any sort of real autonomy. And all of them pale in comparison to Vickie's persona... she's like Attitude era Stephaine... not even having to wrestle in order to be mega popular.

yea it makes sense to even out the numbers on smackdown

but she will be fine there
she can improve her ringwork and get some pops through vickie and move out on her own

and it would cool to have her team with beth since she said that was the diva she looked up to the most

I think Kaitlyn going to smackdown was the best thing for her. Could you imagine her wrestling on raw LIVE! As much as I think she's hot she would make enough botches for a years worth of botchamamia in 1 month lmao. Being on smackdown as a on air talent untill she is READY to be in the ring is the best step they could of taken, If she improves she will get moved to raw to be the next Trish Stratus which is what I think the wwf machine wants to do with her.

I think Kaitlyn will once again usher in the age of non-wrestling valets.She's smoking hot, but she couldn't wrestle her way out of a paperbag.It doesnt matter where they'd put her seeing as how women's wrestlings dead.And its really, really dead over on SD! I'm sure she'll be entertaining : up until the Vicki/Dolph angle ends.She's way to valuable as a face(simply because she'd be a terrible heel) so what happens if she has to manage Dolph? does Ziggler flip to a face(thereby killing his career ala MVP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back