• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it worth being the "next" John Cena?

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
We always are seeing everyone saying how they want to be the next john cena, the next top guy but I ask is it worth being john cena? I just hate to think that my favorite could turn and have these qualities. Let's look at the positive and negatives.

Positive
- you get most money
- always end the show
- never lose so always looked strong

Negative
-restricted move set- Cena can wrestle but he is just being told to only do 5 moves, I think that's because it's the highest number his fans can count to.
- ugly t shirts- We all hate the color and the look of those outfits he wears
- stuck with same character forever- which causes a lot of hate toward the fans because we would be seeing the same thing over and over and over again
- people wishing for his death- I have seen way too many people call cena names and hope for his death on many occasions I would honestly hate to say anyone in that situation.
- exhausted with media appearances- we all hear cena say how he has to get up early morning and do all the media appearances that he does, they have to be having a huge toll on his body.

-so I ask after looking at these positives and negative is it worth being the top guy or better being the 2nd top guy and let some slump have all the problems

I'm not sure if this is a legit question or not, but if it is, OF COURSE it's worth it to be the "top guy". Contrary to your points though, you don't always close the show. Usually with the big PPVs they are the main attraction, but not always. As a top guy, media appearances come with the territory. Whether it be in the form of interviews on talk shows for a major PPV event, or a big cause the WWE is standing behind such as the BE A STAR campaign. Cena, much like any star that wants the position, knows what he signed up for and I bet if he had it to do all over again, he would do it the same.

One negative point you made that I actually agree with is him being stuck in a character. The WWE Universe has been longing for Cena to have some sort of change to a more edgy character, but, in the McMahon's eyes, it doesn't make business sense. WWE is in a financial pickle right now and they don't have the flexibility they once had to take a risk with the top star. I still think it's all worth it though.

Yes it is worth being the next Cena. When you get into the company isn't that your goal? Who wants to do something halfway? Why get in the company and be a midcarder? Not to mention a lot of midcard guys have the same problem as Cena according to your list :p

It's like you're a musician, do you wanna be some band that tours relentlessly never getting any recognition or do you want your music/message to reach as many people as possible?

Is it worth it to be the next Derek Jeter? Is it worth it to be the next Michael Jordan? Is it worth it to be the next Brett Favre? Is it worth it to be the next Hulk Hogan? Is it worth it to be the next Cena?

All of those questions indicate a severe lack of comprehension regarding athletes and their chosen sport.

Is it worth it to be the next Derek Jeter? Is it worth it to be the next Michael Jordan? Is it worth it to be the next Brett Favre? Is it worth it to be the next Hulk Hogan? Is it worth it to be the next Cena?

All of those questions indicate a severe lack of comprehension regarding athletes and their chosen sport.

Thank you! Why not try to be the best? Isn't that human nature?

If you don't want to be the top guy then you shouldn't be there at all.
I know that not everyone can be the face of the company but that should still be the goal.

Some of these are ridiculous points anyway.

When Steve Austin and The Rock were the top guys they didn't get the so called "ugly t-shirts".

They didn't really change their characters too much once they were the top guys. Granted they weren't the top guys as long as Cena has been but still you knew what you were going to get with them and no one bitched as much as they do with Cena.

People wishing for his death? People were making death threats to Sgt. Slaughter back when he was an Iraqi sympathizer.

Just because the stuff above have happened with Cena doesn't mean that it's going to happen to the next guy who takes that role.

This is a pretty idiotic thread overall.

I always thought that there was nothing about Cena's life and career that would make him not be proud of who he is.

Then I saw his name attached to this thread and I started to wonder how soon he will be killing himself.

While Cena doesn't have full control over his career in WWE he has the ability to change many things. He has chosen to stick to this path and I really don't blame him.

OP - how do would you like to see Cena dress?

I think it depends on the individual. If being the top guy is worth it to them they need to start putting in the work now. If Roman Reigns is being groomed as the next top guy I think he should already be doing the extra work that goes along with it like media, charity and all that stuff. Being the top guy is more than being the guy with the belt. The brand really builds itself around you and you have to hold up your end. Someone who values their free time probably shouldn't even bother.

I don't think there will be a next Cena. I'm thinking that the way they revere him as "the greatest champion of all-time" that he will always be mentioned even after he's retired. John Cena is to WWE as The Green Giant is to string beans, lol. I'm definitely not a fan of Cena's but they pushed him in this fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back