Is it possible to resurect "The Ministry" today?

highdroGrizz

Dark Match Winner
:undertaker2: Correct me if I am wrong but Didn't the Undertaker release the Acolytes from his power and said he would call apon them again one day? What a perfect way to put some life into the Undertaker and make JBL "Cool" again. A good way of starting the angle is you could have JBL who is tired of not winning alot and being in the shadow of his formal self starts to dabble in the arcane or make a deal with the devil or something, helping him tap into the Taker power making him "The Acolyte" after a while of success it would back fire on him and the Undertaker would again own his soul starting the whole new Ministry, I think thats one they could go back to because they kinda left it open in the end. They could do it right now. Starting at mania, JBL allready promissed a surprise. He could do a run in with his new look and could add to the Takers first loss at mania do to less power. I also thought that the original storyline should have been company wide and almost like a zombie movie where the ministry were taking over the souls of any wrestlers with the rest of the roster fighting it, you could for a short time have heels have to team up with the faces to fight the "posseced" who would see some faces go heel for a while. It would be great for bringing up younger talent into the "fight" and could span all three shows. I do think even though I love watching him the Undertaker gimmick is getting stale I hope their not trying to kill it. Make him go demonic again. The crowds would be split and some would actualy cheer Taker. The possibilities of a fresh meeting between a posseced Triple H and HBK, Tazz could become a heel anouncer, refs, so,e McMahons to make it more legit to have them as minions doing the Takers wishes. There would be so many possibilities. Now I know the scale of it has never really been attempted but would be total war which is what wrestling is lacking and could see a new era afterwards. Let me know what you think.

Someone in creative had talked about Undertaker owning peoples souls a few months back, and Vince shot it down, tho it's meant to be on one of the RAW Vs Smackdown games.. in this day and age it wouldn't work.. 97-99 it worked due to that time period it was filled with factions, to be honest I'd love to see a few more groups around as I always thought they were fun.

i think the ministry has had its moment to be honest, the only reason for the ministry to come back would be if there was a credible face stable on face was feuding with a heel undertaker for the title or whatever. i wouldnt over crowd the ministry with too many wrestlers like they did in the past. id maybe put him with hawkins and ryder but until they get some momentum and start showing people what they can do its very unlikly. i wouldnt object to a new version of the ministry but i dont think it will have the same effect as it did 10 odd years ago

I, for one, think this would be a good idea, especially after WM once 'Taker seemingly has nothing better to do. You can have JBL maybe make the transition right after his so-called WM25 push, and have him go back under the control of 'Taker. Now, having a full-fledged stable might be a little much, but JBL (with jet black hair, new trunks, etc) as his minion could work. They could run rampant in the WWE, and JBL wouldnt be so annoying anymore. Plus, it would get him off Raw. Maybe the duo could even win the tag titles? Just an idea...

Good idea, but I dont see how its gonna work now..did you guys watch SD this week...I was so lost..it seems Mark was in two personas, dressed as a deadman, acted as a badass...like the American Deadman or something. In other words, incredibly confusing! Back to the subject, I would say YES cause right now the original deadman needs some more juice..theres only one time I want to see Taker right now and thas during those 5min in his WM entrance..and nothing more..he could use a good heel turn and stable at this point

Good idea, but I dont see how its gonna work now..did you guys watch SD this week...I was so lost..it seems Mark was in two personas, dressed as a deadman, acted as a badass...like the American Deadman or something. In other words, incredibly confusing! Back to the subject, I would say YES cause right now the original deadman needs some more juice..theres only one time I want to see Taker right now and thas during those 5min in his WM entrance..and nothing more..he could use a good heel turn and stable at this point

I think you make a good point. Undertaker needs something more to his Deadman character, not just his creepy entrance every week (and sometimes his creepy promos). If he had a pawn or a minion that he could do with whatever he wanted each and every week (like JBL), it could open so many more doors for the Deadman character. I think this could be a very good idea for 'Taker, JBL, and SD! in general.

I actually thought it was a great promo. It was realistic, yet made references to his Deadman persona without going ridiculously over the top (like "I'm coming for your soul").

Anyways, I don't think the Minstry could be resurrected today. First, and foremost, Undertaker is far too over to turn heel at this point. On Smackdown, fans actually booed when Taker mentioned HBK beating him. If Taker can't turn heel on Shawn, who else is he supposed to turn against? Triple H is the only other person that comes to mind, but my guess is he will be feuding with Orton for a while and I'm sure fans would cheer Taker over Triple H. Besides, Taker is more of a special attraction these days since he isn't a full time wrestler. That's why his character really doesn't need much more depth. His legendary status and "mystical aura" is enough to get people's attention.

Also I'd hate to see the PG-rated Ministry. Much like DX, the Ministry was huge because of their crazy antics. With WWE's direction towards realism and kid-friendly storylines, I don't think we're going to see things like crucifixions, a mummification, and a black wedding in this era. DX-2006 was just lame for anyone over the age of 12. I can't imagine how lame the Ministry would be if it were resurrected today.

I Think that even if they were to bring the ministry back then it would ruin what the ministry was. It wouldn't be the same without the other members i.e. Acolytes midieon and viscera and even the brood(though they weren't in it that long). Plus with the whole "PG" crap what could the ministry do that would be considered kid friendly. Its just like when DX was brought back. IMO it killed DX's legacy. kids thought it was cool and funny but they probably didn't even know what it once was or who was in it besides HBK and HHH

one thing I do agree wit is that it wud b a bit lame if they brought it back today bcuz of this whole pg crap and fancy microphone blah blah blah talk that seems to be more important than the actually wrestling(I miss the good ol days of wrestling)......anyways if they was to bring it back they could use jbl to start it off but later on it wud be cool if they added members like kevin thorn,big daddy v and mayb even cm punk.....punk makes a pretty cool heel as he was back in the independent circuit for a lil bit.....wwe continues to disappoint me bcuz they have the ability to have great storylines and feuds but only focus on the big names.....disagree if u want but I think even if the new breed was still intact they could have started out as undertakers pawns thus showing us the deadman we once knew

Before I get my "Spamming" warning from Klunderblunker let me get this out...

How about having Undertaker lose at Mania this year then just snap and go crazy. So this would be an easy transition back into the character of evil Undertaker. The problem is that would end "The Streak" which is what UT has left going for him at this time of year. Throw in JBL in a sell your soul kind of way and the new sadistic Kane and you have one hell of a foundation for the new Ministry. If you think about it this would give something to UT, JBL, and Kane all guys who are a little bland right now and could use something fresh. After setting that foundation up you could start throwing around ideas like a possible Rey Mysterio heel turn, the mysterious 4th member being The Big Show, or maybe even pull the whole higher power gimmick with EDGE! A lot of angles could come out of this and I think that if WWE just made them bad asses instead of strict heels then the Idea would go over even better. Just have them beat up anyone and everyone.

Now commence my horseshit spam warning, KB?

Bringing back the Ministry is an absolutely terrible idea, especially with the way you guys think they should go about doing it, JBL's hair isn't long and black and he's clean shaven now because he's the head of his own publicly traded business, and it's important for him to maintain a professional looking image, add to that that you want to add a bunch of fat overweight wrestlers into a stable, these guys should be thinking about retiring not forming a stable to ME with, also stables are generally used to elevate young talent by pairing them with older more experienced and already over talent, none of the guys you are mention are remotely close be being considered "young talent", every way you look at this it just comes out looking like a terrible idea

No one seems to remember that the Ministry was filled with a LOT of terrible talent. That Undertaker was the only credible wrestler of the whole 8 or 9 guys.

-Midian
-Viscera
-Bradshaw
-Faarooq
-Gangrel
-Edge
-Christian

Now obviously 10 years later Christian and Edge are great performers, and JBL is golden on the mic, but that's now, not then. Then the Corporate Ministry took the Brood out and put Bossman and HHH in..... woohoo! HHH transitioning into the ME scene (ok that's a good edition) and a vet in the Bossman (well Bossman was the equivalent of JBL today, instant heat magnet, but you didn't want to listen to Bossman). Still, the majority of them weren't good to watch.

Add on top of that the fact that JBL brought in Gangrel and Viscera to attack Taker some 3 or 4 years ago, and they referred to them as the Ministry then, suggests they'll never go that route again tbh. The whole PG rating doesn't tend to mix well with demons and soul stealing either does it really?

But i see someone had mixed feelings about Taker's promo this past week. I thought it was good, although it came across as if they're going to try and make Taker the heel this year to me.

It won't be an official heel turn, i'm sure by Backlash he'll be fueding with some heel (Orton possibly if they don't continue his fued with HHH after WM, plus the draft), but when he basically said 'i hate people yammering on about my undefeated streak, and i'm sick of people trying to get famous off my rep,' suggests that Taker will intentionally try to fuck HBK up at 'Mania.

'Wrestlemania is the night of the year that i choose to show the world what the Undertaker represents' (which translated to me as - never ending dominance)

Wrestlemania is HIS night, and never before has someone directly challenged him on that, they just wanted to be the first to beat him. For the first time, someone is standing up to him and saying, Wrestlemania isn't about you, it's about me!!!!

I would love to see the Undertaker lead a faction again, but in my opinion, it won't be the Ministry. It was dark and demonic during its day. In fact, it may be the most destructive faction in history. However, Taker has said time and again that he hated that druid-like version of his character and will never do it again. If Taker were ever to go the faction route again, possible members could include Big Show and Jeff Hardy based solely on the fact that neither one has completely reached their full potential yet. Taker could be the leader to push them to the top and keep them there.

When JBL announced something big for WM.I thought he,d saddle up to ex ministry boss Taker over his money grabbing ex employee.,HBK.
Having said that,when Bradshaw was part of the Ministry,he was tag material,no higher than Euro title standard.Farooqs NeW partner after Nation of Domination.I dont see JBL(practically new owner of OVW!!) being OwneD by Taker now.nor playing second fiddle.any more than Id see Taker owning Edge or Christian,(members of ministry member Gangrels brood-right?).Your reason may be true but this was never brought up when JBL & Taker feuded for the SD title.
While Id love to see a roster big enough for tag teams & stables & could round off possible new members.JBL.Kane (natch).Kizarney.Goldust,all the nut jobs.I dont honestly see it happening past WM .The most Id expect Taker to be a faction of ,:undertaker2:is a short reunion of the Brothers of Destruction,then again,with the tag divisions so small,against who?

No one seems to remember that the Ministry was filled with a LOT of terrible talent. That Undertaker was the only credible wrestler of the whole 8 or 9 guys.

-Midian
-Viscera
-Bradshaw
-Faarooq
-Gangrel
-Edge
-Christian

Now obviously 10 years later Christian and Edge are great performers, and JBL is golden on the mic, but that's now, not then. Then the Corporate Ministry took the Brood out and put Bossman and HHH in..... woohoo! HHH transitioning into the ME scene (ok that's a good edition) and a vet in the Bossman (well Bossman was the equivalent of JBL today, instant heat magnet, but you didn't want to listen to Bossman). Still, the majority of them weren't good to watch.

Add on top of that the fact that JBL brought in Gangrel and Viscera to attack Taker some 3 or 4 years ago, and they referred to them as the Ministry then, suggests they'll never go that route again tbh. The whole PG rating doesn't tend to mix well with demons and soul stealing either does it really?

But i see someone had mixed feelings about Taker's promo this past week. I thought it was good, although it came across as if they're going to try and make Taker the heel this year to me.

It won't be an official heel turn, i'm sure by Backlash he'll be fueding with some heel (Orton possibly if they don't continue his fued with HHH after WM, plus the draft), but when he basically said 'i hate people yammering on about my undefeated streak, and i'm sick of people trying to get famous off my rep,' suggests that Taker will intentionally try to fuck HBK up at 'Mania.

'Wrestlemania is the night of the year that i choose to show the world what the Undertaker represents' (which translated to me as - never ending dominance)

Wrestlemania is HIS night, and never before has someone directly challenged him on that, they just wanted to be the first to beat him. For the first time, someone is standing up to him and saying, Wrestlemania isn't about you, it's about me!!!!

But back then when the Ministry was formed, it was a way to bring the talent up to new heights. They were definetly not terrible talent, they were being shaped into something great.

Edge and Christian have accomplished so much in the 10 year span. Bradshaw won the WWE Championship, and his popular team with Faarooq only continued to grow. Gangrel, I believe was a underatted talent, which could have been great because of the awesome gimmick. Now Mideon was a interesting character which i also believe, he was underated. Mabel, quite honestly has a successful couple of years after this as well.

What I am trying to say, if it wasn't for the Ministry, I don't honestly think there would ever be Edge or Christian. Think about it.

Honestly I think they could pull off the Undertaker Heel turn after wrestlemania, by either losing to HBK, beating him to a bloody mess, or have JBL come down to assist Taker with the win. That could get things starting off for the new ministry. Pretty Much since Kane and Viscera aren't getting much of a push lately they could acquire them making the Ministry and 4 man group, having Kane and Viscera dominate the tag divison, JBL bring the IC belt back to the glory days and give Taker a chance for another title run. To keep it Pg they don't have to go back to the old ministry, just have this new ministry just destroy people 4 of the biggest guys in the business, and have them just terrorize Taker's opponents forcing bigger matches for the IC title and the Tag Divison. If done right it could work to perfection.

But back then when the Ministry was formed, it was a way to bring the talent up to new heights. They were definetly not terrible talent, they were being shaped into something great.

Not really. It was a means to make you care about the guys below Taker, instead of having 6 or 7 nobodies on the roster. Every single guy that 'made it' did it long AFTER the Ministry angle ended. From my perspective, being in the Ministry wasn't the beginning of their rises up the ladder, it began once they'd left.

Edge and Christian have accomplished so much in the 10 year span.

And they started getting noticed as a tag team around about summer/autumn of 1999, when they had been removed from the Ministry not long after WM that year. Their No Mercy Ladder match with the Hardy's really was the point where both teams went on to become stars. Gangrel became a jobber as a result.

Bradshaw won the WWE Championship, and his popular team with Faarooq only continued to grow.

The APA was again, a gimmick that started well after the Ministry angle ended. They let them finally talk in segments and start proper rivalries, instead of just being the team with pen all over their chests. Bradshaw's title win wasn't for another 5 years after the Ministry either. Faarooq, much like Viscera, got to his highest point before joining the Ministry, and then dwelled in mid-card limbo until the APA finally split.

Gangrel, I believe was a underatted talent, which could have been great because of the awesome gimmick.

I always liked Gangrel too, especially the entrance, but in all honesty, his gimmick is what held him back. There's only so much you can do with a Vampire gimmick, and it's not much.

Now Mideon was a interesting character which i also believe, he was underated. Mabel, quite honestly has a successful couple of years after this as well.

What? Mabel became KOTR and didn't enter a 1 singles fued throughout the Ministry days, and even for months after that. He got released, then picked up again a few years later, then had his love machine gimmick, and then finally he became Big Daddy V and THAT'S when he became noticeable among the shuffle. Sadly though, as he finally became a decent heel reminiscent of One Man Gang or some one like Vader, they released him again. He was given an accolade that at the time almost certified future ME status, but instead Mabel/Vis/V only sank from there, and just as he started to climb up again, they cut him.

What I am trying to say, if it wasn't for the Ministry, I don't honestly think there would ever be Edge or Christian. Think about it.

I still say that if they hadn't had the ladder match at No Mercy and the TLC fued over the next 2 years afterward, things would have worked out very differently. If you went back in time and kept them out of the Ministry, but kept everything else the same, E + C would probably be in the exact same position they're in now.

The Ministry only served to help HHH become a ME talent imo, and that was when it was the Corporate Ministry.

To be honest there is really no need for the Ministry in this day and age. Whilst I believe that the Ministry of Darkness and the Corporate Ministry were two of the most entertaining, watchable stables in history- we have to ask ourselves what purpose did they have.

The Undertaker formed the Ministry of Darkness in 1999, 9 years after his debut in the WWF. In the previous nine years he managed to mantain a pretty decent gimmick which kept him interesting because truthfully he was abit slow and not all that entertaining in the ring. He had some impeccable matches- the hell in a cell vs. Shawn Michaels and I suppose the one with Mick Foley which is iconic even if it didn't have any technical wrestling. He had countless feuds with some of the biggest names in WWF history; Vader, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Hogan, Michaels, Kane and countless others... but nine years into his illustrious career and still at a fairly good age for a wrestler he was in danger of becoming stale and fizzleing (my favourite word) out altogether- the Ministry of Darkness was simply a way of giving a large bulk of the mid-card something to do whilst adding a further dimension and a certain longevity to the legendary Undertaker. (The culmination of the ministry, revealing Vince as the higher power, kind of did the same for Vince McMahon, adding a new depth to him in the way that he was even prepared to sacrifice his family to screw Stone Cold.)

These days The Undertaker nearing the end of his remarkable career doesn't need anything to keep him fresh and interesting. Just listen to the reaction he gets whenever he's in the ring. Compare him to someone like Triple H; both these guys were huge in 1999, these days Triple H NEEDS to be in the WWE title picture to stay interesting whereas The Undertaker is intresting and watchable no matter which card position he is fighting. He was pinned by Kozlov 2 or 3 weeks ago on Smackdown and it hasn't harmed him going into 'mania one bit.

The only use I think a ministy could have these days is for Undertaker to find someone to be the next "Deadman" just before he retires. I don't know who that could be, but I think Edge could be a good choice if he recieved a massive gimmick change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back