Is it Just Me, or is TNA Out of Place Without Jarrett?

Horrible? :lol::confused::wtf::shrug: Sounds like you're a Hardy mark who just didn't like the idea of addressing Hardy's problems on-air. Jarrett's "over the top, obvious work promo" is exactly what it was intended to be; a heel promo to get Hardy sympathy from the fans. It's standard wrestling 101; a heel shoots on a real-life situation to get fan's sympathy for the face. Whether it is real or not isn't the issue. TNA knew that Hardy's situation was all over the net and acknowledged that by having not only Jeff Jarrett, but, others like AJ Styles, Devon, etc talking to Jeff Hardy in backstage segments addressing what happened at Victory Road.

No, no,no I'm saying if you have Hardy come out and be real with his apology then the following Jarrett promo should feel real. Jarrett should've hurled insults "you're a junkie you're ruining our image, your brother's a nutcase bla bla".

Either that or just pretend that Bound for glory never happened. IMO!
So, what? Because Hardy is a top merch seller, he should be exempt from being shot on in a promo? That's the worst pro wrestling logic ever. No wrestler is exempt from being involved in promos and other wrestling-related requirements just because they happen to be the number one merch seller. That'd be like saying since Cena sells more merch in WWE that The Rock shouldn't have said things about Cena's personal life. As a fan, that makes the rivilalry seem more real and legit. Even if it is an obvious work.......

Here's the thing. All Jarrett talked about was how Hardy was hurting the company and was bad for impact and so on. So if Hardy is the top draw and merch seller how is it bad for the company if he comes back?

That's why I said...be real or just pretend it didn't happen.

No, no,no I'm saying if you have Hardy come out and be real with his apology then the following Jarrett promo should feel real. Jarrett should've hurled insults "you're a junkie you're ruining our image, your brother's a nutcase bla bla".

I actually get what you're sayin'. You don't think Jarrett sounded real enough. I disagree though. Jarrett made mention of Hardy's no showing at a TNA PPV in 2004 in that same promo. A match where Hardy was the contender and Jarrett was the champion. That comment, combined with what he additionally said, made the promo real enough to sell you on it.

Either that or just pretend that Bound for glory never happened. IMO!

Don't think that would happen. Although some past BFGs would've been better off forgotten.

Here's the thing. All Jarrett talked about was how Hardy was hurting the company and was bad for impact and so on. So if Hardy is the top draw and merch seller how is it bad for the company if he comes back?

That's why I said...be real or just pretend it didn't happen.

Again, I get your point. I can respect it, as others on this forum will whine and complain just because you don't agree with them. I can respect people who have a defined point and don't flame just because you see things differently. I believe Jarrett claiming Hardy was hurting the company made things seem all the more real. I don't think Jarrett personally believed Jeff coming back was a bad thing, it was just part of the storyline. It had to be addressed in some form though, and I thought Jarrett's promos against Hardy were dead-on.

I do miss Jarrett's character to be honest. He was great in the last few months and, for me, one of my fave things in the last year in any wrestling promotion was him & Karen celebrating with Mexican America after MA won the tag titles. They completely oversold it and tried to steal the spotlight...really tickled my funny bone.

So, yeah, I'd have JJ back. He's not as good as Jericho (although more consistent in the ring) but they both serve the same sort of purpose to me....they fill a gap in the upper mid-card where, if someone up and coming (say Austin Aries for example) gets a victory over them, it still means something and losing to them doesn't really hurt either..

i would like to see double j back in tna but with 2 conditions 1. he leaves the wife at home. when she was around she got far to much airtime every week and 2. he dose not come back as a wrestler. i would have jeff come back as a manager or leader of a group. have him come back in a storyline like the one vince mcmahan was in when he brought in the nwo. have him blame sting and dixie for lossing control of the company he built. the three mask men that attacked sting could be guys bought in from AAA by jeff to help him take tna apart. el zorro is already signed to tna so all you would have to is get two other wrestlers from the AAA roster and you would have a great storyline.

i would like to see double j back in tna but with 2 conditions 1. he leaves the wife at home. when she was around she got far to much airtime every week and 2. he dose not come back as a wrestler. i would have jeff come back as a manager or leader of a group. have him come back in a storyline like the one vince mcmahan was in when he brought in the nwo. have him blame sting and dixie for lossing control of the company he built. the three mask men that attacked sting could be guys bought in from AAA by jeff to help him take tna apart. el zorro is already signed to tna so all you would have to is get two other wrestlers from the AAA roster and you would have a great storyline.

I actually thought at the time Jarrett was the AAA Champion, TNA could've used that storyline to bring in Chavo Guerrero. I would've loved to see that play out.

As for the Sting thing, I think that's a nice way to bring Jarrett back. About the time Sting was thanking the Jarretts, he got attacked. That'd be interesting enough in itself to bring Jeff back. He could always use the old "I built this company" excuse and then claim he should've been the first inductee into TNA's HOF. It'd be an interesting way to bring Jarrett back and a nice way to keep him out of the World title picture. Win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back