Is Don West a heel now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
So i'm sitting on couch Thursday looking for something on tv but i cant find anything so i say hey why not watch Impact cus i hadn't watched it in ages so i turn it on there and i hear Don West' annoying as fuck voice verbally bashing all the faces and kissing all the heels asses. I didn't think you could get worse then MIcheal Cole but this guy is beyond worse then Cole. So how did he become a heel? and what are others thoughts on how shitty of a commentator this guy is?

So i'm sitting on couch Thursday looking for something on tv but i cant find anything so i say hey why not watch Impact cus i hadn't watched it in ages so i turn it on there and i hear Don West' annoying as fuck voice verbally bashing all the faces and kissing all the heels asses. I didn't think you could get worse then MIcheal Cole but this guy is beyond worse then Cole. So how did he become a heel? and what are others thoughts on how shitty of a commentator this guy is?

From what I vaguely remember, West became angry at Tenay over some sort of meeting where his job was being discussed and Tenay did nothing to defend him, I suppose other people in TNA think he's horrible as a color commentator, including Tenay, but he started cussing out Tenay and for some reason, he's been pro heel from then on, I don't really know why. I suppose they mistook annoying heat for heel heat and are trying to make work as a positive for West, I still find him annoying, heel or not, but that's just me.

BTW: Dissing Cole might get you some heat from some users here.

Peace out.

Don West as a heel is the greatest thing that could of happened with him. He went from annoying shouting twit, to funny as hell heel who comes up with hilarious ways of sticking to his story.

I actually enjoy Don west now. Especially on the suicide story line.

Don West as a heel is the greatest thing that could of happened with him. He went from annoying shouting twit, to funny as hell heel who comes up with hilarious ways of sticking to his story.

That's a valid point, he was funny as hell during his so-called face commentary too, mostly because he was clueless on what was going on, but Tenay didn't argue with him or force him to explain his position like he is now so it was lost under his annoying shouting routine. I think a lot of people might appreciate him more now, but like I said, I still find him annoying because he's still clueless.

Peace out.

I don't want to make any assumptions but you seem like the kind of guy that would bash West for just about anything. This past week was one of West's best nights, especially when the main event was on.

From what I vaguely remember, West became angry at Tenay over some sort of meeting where his job was being discussed and Tenay did nothing to defend him, I suppose other people in TNA think he's horrible as a color commentator, including Tenay, but he started cussing out Tenay and for some reason, he's been pro heel from then on, I don't really know why. I suppose they mistook annoying heat for heel heat and are trying to make work as a positive for West, I still find him annoying, heel or not, but that's just me.

BTW: Dissing Cole might get you some heat from some users here.

Peace out.

He actually explained two other reasons why he supported heels beyond the meeting regarding his future employment. First, he explained that Tenay was always the polarized face supporter while when the mics were off, he had different opinions. Secondly, he noted that when faces (AJ styles & Joe) would attack guys backstage, kidnap them and steal their belongings, people still supported them. He mentioned it as a self righteous double standard. This is when West became a heel.

In comparison to the WWE announcers, none of them have so far shown the personality and capacity to piss people off with his comments like West has. West has shown he can put a heel spin on just about anything while having the ability to piss off face supporters. Not since JBL was announcing has there been a guy with this much heat that's regularly on the mic.

I agree. Don West has been nothing but gold on the mic lately. He has also been quite controversial especially with his OJ Simpson comments. Let's not forget all of his hilarious comments about the beautiful people which are far more graphic than Lawler's references to women. The suicide comments just show he can put a spin on anything. Like i said above, nobody since JBL has been this heelish on color commentary. Right now West is the Howard Stern of wrestling commentary. It just seems people want to hate him just for the sake of hating.

That's a valid point, he was funny as hell during his so-called face commentary too, mostly because he was clueless on what was going on, but Tenay didn't argue with him or force him to explain his position like he is now so it was lost under his annoying shouting routine. I think a lot of people might appreciate him more now, but like I said, I still find him annoying because he's still clueless.

Peace out.

Care to explain just how clueless he is? He seems far more informed than Tenay and most of the robotic wwe commentators. He is there to make smart alec remarks and to piss people off. He is doing his job quite well.

Possibly? I don't know.
The truth is, for it to be an actual heel turn, people need to care and need to boo the guy. People simply don't care about Don West. Not in the slightest. People didn't cheer for him when he was "face", and this is a TNA crowd we're talking about here. So they're not gonna boo him as a heel and therefore not a true heel turn.

But to humour TNA and its fans. Yes, he has become a "heel". He's started condoning the actions of the MEM and sharing their opinions towards the frontline.
The problem is, he doesn't make a good heel. He needs to study Jerry Lawler, Paul Heyman and all the other great heel commentators. Incessantly rubbing it in the face of the face commentator when the heels win and coming up with crazy excuses when the heels lose. And of course the hilarious witty banter and insults between the heel commentator and the face one. Don West is about as convincing as an straighedge Irish person. Don West may be an awful face commentator, but he's still better as face than heel. And commentators who are better as faces should never ever go heel. JR showed us that.

But as I've already said, it doesn't really matter cause no one really cares.

He actually explained two other reasons why he supported heels beyond the meeting regarding his future employment. First, he explained that Tenay was always the polarized face supporter while when the mics were off, he had different opinions. Secondly, he noted that when faces (AJ styles & Joe) would attack guys backstage, kidnap them and steal their belongings, people still supported them. He mentioned it as a self righteous double standard. This is when West became a heel.

So basically, it breaks down to him wanting to expose Tenay as an hypocrite and he went off to bash the faces to spite him and management. Nice motivation, and he's doing well with the angle.

Care to explain just how clueless he is? He seems far more informed than Tenay and most of the robotic wwe commentators. He is there to make smart alec remarks and to piss people off. He is doing his job quite well.

Well, now he's doing that, before, he was hyping everything, even stuff that mean nothing, lacking even the rudimentary knowledge of holds. A typical West commentary would go something like this.

West: This guy is CRAZY,who knows what he'll do next !
Tenay: He is unorthodox to say the least.
West: MY GOD ! WHAT'S HE DOING NOW !!
Tenay: I believe he's getting into the ring, Don.

Being a heel will make his clueless ranting will work much better than when he was supposed to be a serious commentator. I still find him annoying, more annoying than JBL for some reason, there must be something wrong with me then.

Peace out.

Don West is about as convincing as an straighedge Irish person.

That's kind of funny that you would say something like that, considering I am a straight edge Irish person.

But anyway, yes, where have you been? Don West turned heel a while back. There have been quite a few threads on here already that have talked about it.

He's a much better heel than a face.

I'm glad that most people on here who want to talk about TNA don't watch it. I don't know how many times threads get started or commented on by people who don't watch it. And usually they hate it because they're confused about everything when they finally do decide to watch it, which wouldn't happen if they did.

Stop comparing WWE to TNA, it's a different company. It's like saying that the Colts should be more of a running team like the old Browns used to be because that's how the old Browns played. There are different styles/teams/management, and that's all this is. Someone mentioned that JR "proved" that face commentators can't turn heel. In the science world, there's an insult to that which is "n=1". You can't make any sort of claim off of a sample of one. JR proved that he couldn't turn heel, that's it, and to make an over-exaggeration is silly and unhelpful.

Listen to Vince McMahon call matches. I've been watching TNA since it's been on Spike, and I never understood what was so bad with Tenay/West. But that may be because I've watched matches called by McMahon. When McMahon was joined by Jesse Ventura, it was tolerable because Jesse said everything you would want to say to Vince. Jesse carried the team. Whenever I mention Vince being a worse commentator than Don West, people always say "him and Jesse were incredible together". That's not the same thing. Jesse was great, and Don West isn't there yet but that's the direction TNA seems to be going with this. Vince was the obvious face, Jesse was the obvious heel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLLCnAlqWrM&feature=related

Just listen to the two call this. Listen to Vince. I picked a random video from youtube, so it may be a good or bad example of both Vince and Jesse. Vince's way of showing excitement is by holding out the last word of a sentence. He also doesn't actually call a move, while being the play by play guy. He just says "look at that, that had to hurt", "nice maneuver", "he's setting him up". This was a time when play by play guys actually knew something about the holds, not like today where that isn't really their job. You can say Vince was "ahead of his time", anticipating the announcing ignorance of wrestling, but I think his dad was just the head of the company, then he became the head of the company, and liked to hear his own voice.

I find Don West irritating regardless if he says something remotely funny. The best line he ever called was "he's flopping like a fish!" Tenay is absolute garbage as a 'play-by-play.' He used to be the guy that knew the names of moves you'd never seen before, now most of his commentary is reading a character bio that Marvel comics would write for their wrestler and "he powers him down!"

Possibly? I don't know.
The truth is, for it to be an actual heel turn, people need to care and need to boo the guy. People simply don't care about Don West. Not in the slightest. People didn't cheer for him when he was "face", and this is a TNA crowd we're talking about here. So they're not gonna boo him as a heel and therefore not a true heel turn.

But to humour TNA and its fans. Yes, he has become a "heel". He's started condoning the actions of the MEM and sharing their opinions towards the frontline.
The problem is, he doesn't make a good heel. He needs to study Jerry Lawler, Paul Heyman and all the other great heel commentators. Incessantly rubbing it in the face of the face commentator when the heels win and coming up with crazy excuses when the heels lose. And of course the hilarious witty banter and insults between the heel commentator and the face one. Don West is about as convincing as an straighedge Irish person. Don West may be an awful face commentator, but he's still better as face than heel. And commentators who are better as faces should never ever go heel. JR showed us that.

If what you say is true,Then to be fair, nobody cares about most of the color commentators in wrestling. Paul Heyman also screamed into the mic constantly. Lawler is as bland as it gets right now, he is far more toned down than West.

As for not getting any kind of crowd reaction. One need only to look at the Beer money vs Team 3D match where Don West handed Beer Money the belts.

So basically, it breaks down to him wanting to expose Tenay as an hypocrite and he went off to bash the faces to spite him and management. Nice motivation, and he's doing well with the angle.

There have been far worse color commentary angles. The Jim Ross colon stuff and kiss my ass club come into mind much quicker.

Well, now he's doing that, before, he was hyping everything, even stuff that mean nothing, lacking even the rudimentary knowledge of holds. A typical West commentary would go something like this.

West: This guy is CRAZY,who knows what he'll do next !
Tenay: He is unorthodox to say the least.
West: MY GOD ! WHAT'S HE DOING NOW !!
Tenay: I believe he's getting into the ring, Don.

Being a heel will make his clueless ranting will work much better than when he was supposed to be a serious commentator. I still find him annoying, more annoying than JBL for some reason, there must be something wrong with me then.

Peace out.

That's the problem here, People don't realize that he is there to hype things up. He still does it as a heel too. I hated Don West too until he became a heel. It's a complete 180

I find Don West irritating regardless if he says something remotely funny. The best line he ever called was "he's flopping like a fish!" Tenay is absolute garbage as a 'play-by-play.' He used to be the guy that knew the names of moves you'd never seen before, now most of his commentary is reading a character bio that Marvel comics would write for their wrestler and "he powers him down!"

There was an episode of impact just before TNA let go of the NWA title where Tenay walked off the set with Jim Cornette. Don West was left alone to call the remaining matches. Not only did he call the matches down the middle, he called out quite a few moves too.

There have been far worse color commentary angles. The Jim Ross colon stuff and kiss my ass club come into mind much quicker.

I think that once you explained the few details I missed, it makes perfect sense, that is, it's a good angle. I wasn't arguing that fact.

That's the problem here, People don't realize that he is there to hype things up. He still does it as a heel too. I hated Don West too until he became a heel. It's a complete 180
I understand hyping, I think it adds to the product, but West was so damn obvious, it nauseated me. That's not to say Ross doesn't when he goes overboard, but he doesn't hype everything, like West did. Now as a heel, he's a little easier to digest because he's supposed to be annoying.

Peace out.

Possibly? I don't know.

Agreed, people don't boo Don West because the live crowd is usually a bunch of clueless tourist stopping in for a free show. (trust me I've been to one or two of these horrid displays and I walked away saying I wanted my free back). Also nobody booes wets because nobody is hearing what he is saying, this may matter if TNA actually toured as the wwe did, but it doesn't, so the whole notion behind making west a heel is sort of pointless as people at home surely are not silly enough to boo they're tv screens, are they? I mea they are daft enough to be watching IMPACT, so maybe they are.

He really doesn't get it. Watching some Heyman or old Lawler shows would do him a great deal of good. Hell even going back to latter ECW ppvs and hearing some of the work Don "cyrus" Callus did would do a thing or two for him. There's a reason the WWE has changed it's thoughts on the whole good commentator/bad commentator thing, and examples like Mike tenay and don West are exactly why. Both are horrid at they're respective roles, it makes wrestling seem cartoony and impish. That's why a lot of wrestling fans tune out on TNA, I sat through almost ten years of listening Tony schiavone and I have little interest in hearing more of him in the form of Mike Tenay.

So very true. the only people that care are people that think TNA knows what it's doing, and well..........

That's kind of funny that you would say something like that, considering I am a straight edge Irish person.

Dude, you're a white elephant then.

I'm glad that most people on here who want to talk about TNA don't watch it. I don't know how many times threads get started or commented on by people who don't watch it. And usually they hate it because they're confused about everything when they finally do decide to watch it, which wouldn't happen if they did.

I have given TNA more than it's fair shake on gaining my viewership. I've watched the show consistently and i even went to a couple tapings and a PPV. They effectively showed me that they are intent on giving us the feel of a low grade WCW show, regardless of some of the immense talents they have in they're organization. I watched it consistently an the storylines were still a clusterfuck that made little to no sense to me after months of viewing (this is the part where you probably try and insult my intelligence, I beg you to try TNA fan.)

Stop comparing WWE to TNA, it's a different company. It's like saying that the Colts should be more of a running team like the old Browns used to be because that's how the old Browns played. There are different styles/teams/management, and that's all this is. Someone mentioned that JR "proved" that face commentators can't turn heel. In the science world, there's an insult to that which is "n=1". You can't make any sort of claim off of a sample of one. JR proved that he couldn't turn heel, that's it, and to make an over-exaggeration is silly and unhelpful.

Over-exageration? You should never be so foolish as to apply science to something so subjective. It's like trying to figure out how Davinci was inspired painted the mona lisa with a calculator. Some people bought JR as a heel, most didn't, just like some buy TNA, most have the good sense to know better.

Listen to Vince McMahon call matches. I've been watching TNA since it's been on Spike, and I never understood what was so bad with Tenay/West. But that may be because I've watched matches called by McMahon. When McMahon was joined by Jesse Ventura, it was tolerable because Jesse said everything you would want to say to Vince. Jesse carried the team. Whenever I mention Vince being a worse commentator than Don West, people always say "him and Jesse were incredible together". That's not the same thing. Jesse was great, and Don West isn't there yet but that's the direction TNA seems to be going with this. Vince was the obvious face, Jesse was the obvious heel.

Yeah, that was the WWF circa what, 1989? That ought to give you a notion on how out of touch TNA is.

If what you say is true,Then to be fair, nobody cares about most of the color commentators in wrestling. Paul Heyman also screamed into the mic constantly. Lawler is as bland as it gets right now, he is far more toned down than West.

And yet, people still love lawler. hmmm. Heyman screamed into the mic yes, but did you never watch ECW? Heyman was at his best when he heightened his emotions. Heyman spoke intelligently while he was yelling, hardly what Don West does.

As for not getting any kind of crowd reaction. One need only to look at the Beer money vs Team 3D match where Don West handed Beer Money the belts.

yes, he had to physically get up and preform an action to get a reaction. Now is that what a commentator is there for?

Just because something else has been worse, doesn't deflect the focus off of how bad what we are talking about is. Try again.

There was an episode of impact just before TNA let go of the NWA title where Tenay walked off the set with Jim Cornette. Don West was left alone to call the remaining matches. Not only did he call the matches down the middle, he called out quite a few moves too

Yes, and that makes perfect sense. Gotta love the sad state of TNA creative.

Don West is annoying anyway, heel or face... half the time i can't tell if he's still heel or back to face, he doesn't seem to do too much bickering with Tenay like a heel commentator should do..

and this past Impact was annoying, can't remember which guys were wrestliung, but "guy" put "guy" up in the air and Don West said something like, "what's he doing, a piledriver," then "guy" dropped "guy" backwards and Don West says, "no, it's a suplex," i was like what the hell? how can you confuse a piledriver motion with a suplex motioin..

unless that's just part of his dumb new gimmick

And yet, people still love lawler. hmmm. Heyman screamed into the mic yes, but did you never watch ECW? Heyman was at his best when he heightened his emotions. Heyman spoke intelligently while he was yelling, hardly what Don West does.

I've seen ECW. Ironically, your statement on it is subjective. He screamed which i'm sure turned off quite a few people as well. People love Lawler, hell i love lawler. His character however, is nothing more than a comedic smart alec. Clearly, you haven't seen any of the recent Don West material. He has more intelligence then you and most guys here give him credit for.

yes, he had to physically get up and preform an action to get a reaction. Now is that what a commentator is there for?

Name one in the past ten years that has not had to physically get up to get a reaction. JBL is probably the only guy who's comments were so crazy, so outlandish that he never needed to step into the ring to get a rise out of anyone.

Just because something else has been worse, doesn't deflect the focus off of how bad what we are talking about is. Try again.

Hardly. Don West has had a complete change. It's pretty obvious, you haven't seen any of his new material or you are simply hating him just for the sake of hate. Instead of telling me to 'try again' you should probably have a better look at how he is now before going off on some nonsensical rant that you clearly know little about.

Yes, and that makes perfect sense. Gotta love the sad state of TNA creative.

There's plenty of other threads about TNA's crappy booking :)

I've seen ECW. Ironically, your statement on it is subjective. He screamed which i'm sure turned off quite a few people as well. People love Lawler, hell i love lawler. His character however, is nothing more than a comedic smart alec. Clearly, you haven't seen any of the recent Don West material. He has more intelligence then you and most guys here give him credit for.

Yes, as a matter of fact I have, and if his comments strike you as intelligent, well then i guess we know why you watch TNA. Heyman was a wrestling genius and always knew what he was talking about. He didn't just jizz in his pants over every little thing as SOME announcers seem to do. He knew when to scream and when not to.
Heyman screamed in ECW because he believed in his company and his passion shined through in his yelling, if anything heyman drew viewers with it, unlike West.

Name one in the past ten years that has not had to physically get up to get a reaction. JBL is probably the only guy who's comments were so crazy, so outlandish that he never needed to step into the ring to get a rise out of anyone.

Joel Gertner, Cyrus, Bischoff, heyman. Sure they all did things in the ring, butthey got themselves over with they're words.

Hardly. Don West has had a complete change. It's pretty obvious, you haven't seen any of his new material or you are simply hating him just for the sake of hate. Instead of telling me to 'try again' you should probably have a better look at how he is now before going off on some nonsensical rant that you clearly know little about

Trust me, I have seen more than I want to of TNA. Don West does nothing to impress me, even during this so-called "brilliant hell turn". Only a fool would take anything he says as intelligent or ground breaking. Don't dare challenge my knowledge on wrestling kid, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Paul Heyman was every bit as annoying as West. But the difference is, Heyman was clever, funny and knew the business inside out. And he only MTFO when there was something worth MTFO over. Don West seems to get excited very easily. I don't envy Tenay.

Oh yeah, cause that had nothing to do with one of the most loved and respected tag teams to ever wrestle getting screwed by some douchey heels. They would've booed anyone who handed BM the belts, don't do thinking West is the next Edge.

Yall Got To Be kidding... I dont care if u watched one time or every week.. Don West SUCKS.... C'mon people.. He has no cred at all.. He is annoying as can be.. He needs to watch some tapes of Bobby the Brain a little closer... He hasnt a clue.. He doesnt get anyone excited or pissed off.. Hes just annoying -- I agree with whoever said annoying heat shouldnt be confused with heel heat.. He needs to go.. Who would have ever longed for the days of Tony Schivane.. Thats how bad this guy is..... I like the in ring product but the hype is annoying.. and that my friend is TNA -- No wonder Vince never gave commentary freedom to Mick Foley or the keys to the show... His gimmick is crap... Rocky Balboa .. Please...

Yes, as a matter of fact I have, and if his comments strike you as intelligent, well then i guess we know why you watch TNA. Heyman was a wrestling genius and always knew what he was talking about. He didn't just jizz in his pants over every little thing as SOME announcers seem to do. He knew when to scream and when not to.
Heyman screamed in ECW because he believed in his company and his passion shined through in his yelling, if anything heyman drew viewers with it, unlike West.

Joel Gertner, Cyrus, Bischoff, heyman. Sure they all did things in the ring, butthey got themselves over with they're words.

Trust me, I have seen more than I want to of TNA. Don West does nothing to impress me, even during this so-called "brilliant hell turn". Only a fool would take anything he says as intelligent or ground breaking. Don't dare challenge my knowledge on wrestling kid, I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

ROFL! You have to be kidding me. It just strikes me as so funny that people around here are so strung up on themselves that they have to resort to insults just to get their points across. Trust me when i tell you, I'm likely older than you are. :)

You can spin this around as much as you want. It's pretty clear that not only have you not seen TNA lately nor any of Don's stuff lately, you are just using this as some lame foot stool to show off your 'ub3r l33t' wrestling knowledge. Good bye weak link

btw: Joel "squeeze my lemon until the juice runs down my leg" Gertner was a manager and only did color commentary on rare occasions when his guys were wrestling.

Paul Heyman was every bit as annoying as West. But the difference is, Heyman was clever, funny and knew the business inside out. And he only MTFO when there was something worth MTFO over. Don West seems to get excited very easily. I don't envy Tenay.

I agree. I never said West had any of the attributes that Heyman did. I only mentioned that i'm sure there were some out there that were turned off by his screaming just as they are turned off by Dons.

This isn't a religion and i'm not here to make converts. There will always be those that not only do not like West but they never will either. I didn't like Don West as a face and he has only begun to grow on me during the past few weeks. Yet, anyone that's seen TNA and have sat down with an open mind on West cannot deny that he has taken a drastic change for the better.

Oh yeah, cause that had nothing to do with one of the most loved and respected tag teams to ever wrestle getting screwed by some douchey heels. They would've booed anyone who handed BM the belts, don't do thinking West is the next Edge.

West screwed 3D. I'm sure given the opportunity to someone else would have gotten the same heat. Still, he did it and along with all of his comments have solidified him as the heel commentator.

You guys have pointed out something. WWE just sucks skunk ass. You hit the nail on the head when talking about Jerry Lawler. He just blandly converses with Michael Cole every Monday night. What happened to "PUPPIES!!!!". I actually don't mind Don West. He's doing what a color commentator should be doing. WWE has went completely G with everything including commentating. FU to "Attitude Adjustment"? TNA is a decent company now with Foley as a personality in the company. He bring out the best in Jarrett ( who I happen to like quite a bit as a face). Man I wish people would stop showing up to WWE events. I'll give you an example, there's this bar that all the guys like to go and hang out after work. The bar = WWE. Then all of a sudden all the wives show up and start singing karokee and start dancing around. The wives = the current WWE fanbase. They crashed the party and ruined the whole damn company. I know this is off topic and I apologize. It just all ties in with how Don West is doing a decent job at being a heel like he's supposed to be and how WWE has completely abolished any cool heels or heel commentators.

ROFL! You have to be kidding me. It just strikes me as so funny that people around here are so strung up on themselves that they have to resort to insults just to get their points across. Trust me when i tell you, I'm likely older than you are.

Actually , i don't feel a need to insult you at all, I just like poking you fragile minded little TNA fans in the ribs. What can I say, I guess i'm as easily amused by some things as you are. Thankfully for me, my taste in wrestling differs from yours. Btw my age is posted for you to clearly see, I feel no need to hide it, unlike you. Anyhow, just because I get a kick out of pissing on your absurd little "Don West is a great announcer" post doesn't mean I'm not here to intelligently argue your opinion. But what's a good wrestling arguement if you can't toss an insult or two out there. I didn't get my panties in a wad when you insulted my intelligence, nor did I condescend, I just tossed some playful little ribs out there. Can't handle it, then get off the internet sites because there are a lot of people who are a lot more tasteless about expressing they're opinions than I am.

You can spin this around as much as you want. It's pretty clear that not only have you not seen TNA lately nor any of Don's stuff lately, you are just using this as some lame foot stool to show off your 'ub3r l33t' wrestling knowledge. Good bye weak link

Why would I go out of my way to say I have seen TNA Lately when I haven't? You think i'm comfortable telling people I watch TNA?
You think I'd lie about watching that horrible show just to make some meaningless point to you? Also, I feel no need to use anything as a foot stool, I'm a grown man and I know better than to be proud of the fact that I've been watching wrestling since I was 10. Wow, The Weakest link? I'm in awe of that reference. What one horse town that just started getting that show on the "lookity box" are you from friend?

btw: Joel "squeeze my lemon until the juice runs down my leg" Gertner was a manager and only did color commentary on rare occasions when his guys were wrestling.

You're quite wrong about that, Gertner was a ring announcer, then he became the Dudley boys personal ring announcer (sign guy was they're manager), he never did commentary at that point. Then after the dudleys left, they put gertner in the booth with Joey on every show that wasn't a ppv. They had a running gag where gertner would get screwed out of calling every PPV by Cyrus. If your gonna try and drop knowledge, make sure your right first.

This isn't a religion and i'm not here to make converts. There will always be those that not only do not like West but they never will either. I didn't like Don West as a face and he has only begun to grow on me during the past few weeks. Yet, anyone that's seen TNA and have sat down with an open mind on West cannot deny that he has taken a drastic change for the better.

an open mind? This is pro wrestling friend, sit down with an open mind and be wary of the nincompoopery that could infest your brain.
Don West sucks, he always has, whether he is a heel or a face. I've listend to all of these so-called gems he's spouting out and it's no more impressive than, say...you're average Tony schiavone rant. You have your opinion, I have mine. but don't sit here and tell me i'm not watching when Unfortunately, I have been.

West screwed 3D. I'm sure given the opportunity to someone else would have gotten the same heat. Still, he did it and along with all of his comments have solidified him as the heel commentator.

Nothing in TNA is solidified, even the established guys that lower themselves by going down there seem to suffer a tad by doing so. the lighter schedule factor only goes so far. Why do you think so many of them go back the first chance they get? Once Kurt finally leaves, I think I will push that company out of my mind entirely until they AT LEAST get rid of Russo, I know it's too much to hope for Jarrett's exit. Anyhow, feel free to lash back all you like, this is fun. I suggest you do you research before you try dropping anymore of your "facts" on me though. :thumbsup:

Actually , i don't feel a need to insult you at all, I just like poking you fragile minded little TNA fans in the ribs. What can I say, I guess i'm as easily amused by some things as you are. Thankfully for me, my taste in wrestling differs from yours. Btw my age is posted for you to clearly see, I feel no need to hide it, unlike you. Anyhow, just because I get a kick out of pissing on your absurd little "Don West is a great announcer" post doesn't mean I'm not here to intelligently argue your opinion. But what's a good wrestling arguement if you can't toss an insult or two out there. I didn't get my panties in a wad when you insulted my intelligence, nor did I condescend, I just tossed some playful little ribs out there. Can't handle it, then get off the internet sites because there are a lot of people who are a lot more tasteless about expressing they're opinions than I am.

Why would I go out of my way to say I have seen TNA Lately when I haven't? You think i'm comfortable telling people I watch TNA?
You think I'd lie about watching that horrible show just to make some meaningless point to you? Also, I feel no need to use anything as a foot stool, I'm a grown man and I know better than to be proud of the fact that I've been watching wrestling since I was 10. Wow, The Weakest link? I'm in awe of that reference. What one horse town that just started getting that show on the "lookity box" are you from friend?

You're quite wrong about that, Gertner was a ring announcer, then he became the Dudley boys personal ring announcer (sign guy was they're manager), he never did commentary at that point. Then after the dudleys left, they put gertner in the booth with Joey on every show that wasn't a ppv. They had a running gag where gertner would get screwed out of calling every PPV by Cyrus. If your gonna try and drop knowledge, make sure your right first.

an open mind? This is pro wrestling friend, sit down with an open mind and be wary of the nincompoopery that could infest your brain.
Don West sucks, he always has, whether he is a heel or a face. I've listend to all of these so-called gems he's spouting out and it's no more impressive than, say...you're average Tony schiavone rant. You have your opinion, I have mine. but don't sit here and tell me i'm not watching when Unfortunately, I have been.

Nothing in TNA is solidified, even the established guys that lower themselves by going down there seem to suffer a tad by doing so. the lighter schedule factor only goes so far. Why do you think so many of them go back the first chance they get? Once Kurt finally leaves, I think I will push that company out of my mind entirely until they AT LEAST get rid of Russo, I know it's too much to hope for Jarrett's exit. Anyhow, feel free to lash back all you like, this is fun. I suggest you do you research before you try dropping anymore of your "facts" on me though. :thumbsup:

Wow 27, that's pretty sad actually. You clearly act very immature for your age. Yes, I'm older and actually do commentary for another wrestling website. So yeah, maybe i have zero clue on what I'm talking about. I already stated that everyone is going to have their own, varying opinion on the subject. You obviously want to just overlook those kinds of statements so you can hurl more insults that apparently make you feel better about your internet persona. On the other hand, you still haven't even to intelligently defend anything you have said. You just seem to want to twist and justify the fact that you don't watch TNA and hate Don West without having seen any footage of his new work.

Have fun eating someone else's face :)

Wow 27, that's pretty sad actually. You clearly act very immature for your age. Yes, I'm older and actually do commentary for another wrestling website. So yeah, maybe i have zero clue on what I'm talking about. I already stated that everyone is going to have their own, varying opinion on the subject. You obviously want to just overlook those kinds of statements so you can hurl more insults that apparently make you feel better about your internet persona. On the other hand, you still haven't even to intelligently defend anything you have said. You just seem to want to twist and justify the fact that you don't watch TNA and hate Don West without having seen any footage of his new work.

Have fun eating someone else's face :)

Immature? Okay we both are grown men who still watch pro wrestling, glass houses my friend. Just because you do commentary for another website, does not mean you have any idea what you're talking about, after all Mike Adamle had gainful employ with the WWE last year, didn't he?

As for the whole Internet persona, that's just silly, I have a life and I have absolutely no need to build some sort of persona through my keyboard. I may have strong opinions and may be quick to insult, but thats who I am, not who I pretend to be. You may think me an asshole, but I am long past caring what other people think of me. Just because I offend you're apparently delicate sensibilities with some playful ribbing, you dub me immature. That suggests to me that you have led a rather sheltered and doughy life my friend, stop being so sensitive and learn to roll with the punches. People who have been on the recieving end of a strong mule kick to the face by reality a few times in life know that insults are just a way of telling someone they have to earn you're respect, interpersonally speaking. Had you not been such a condescending faux smark perhaps I wouldn't have overlooked the arguement a tad in favor of insulting you. What can I say? Smarmy pricks tend to distort my focus. (oops there I go again with the insults).

How many times must I tell you that I've sat through enough of West's commentray during the past couple months to maintain the notion that he still stinks, he still has no vocal sensibilities and he is only gripping to the lowest common denominator? It's not that I haven't given him a chance, it's just that he still bores me to tears worse than Mike Tenay does.
I'd much rather see someone the likes of Cornette doing color for that company, there's a guy who will undoubtedly bring a knowledgeable and vocally controlled presence to that chair. Though sadly, he probably wouldn't be any funnier. You may think i'm just trying to deflect the arguement, but you seem intent on just talking down to me and maintaining that i'm ignorant just because I don't agree with you. An insult is fine with me, I'm more than happy to go tit for tat anytime with those, hell I enjoy that part of these forumns. But don't sit there acting like you have some inside knowledge of wrestling that I don't just because you A) Do something that passes for commentary on some yet to be named website and B) think only enlightened wrestling fans watch TNA and appreciate Don West's work. That immature line still makes me laugh. Hello pot, i'm mr. kettle, guess what? We're both black moron!

Given yours is probably basted in Don West's "love iceing" , I think I will eat someone else's face. Now here's the part where you call me immature from your holier than thou perspective again. figure i'd leave you proper room to do what you seem to do best. Makes me wonder if maybe you're the "Don West" of you're little website. :wave:

I agree. I never said West had any of the attributes that Heyman did. I only mentioned that i'm sure there were some out there that were turned off by his screaming just as they are turned off by Dons.

But the thing is, unlike Heyman, screaming and getting excited seems to be the only thing West has going for him. Never once has he ever said something that made me laugh, made me thing, made me care any more about what was going on in the ring etc.

This isn't a religion and i'm not here to make converts.

Good, cause with these arugments you wouldn't be converting very many people....

There will always be those that not only do not like West but they never will either. I didn't like Don West as a face and he has only begun to grow on me during the past few weeks. Yet, anyone that's seen TNA and have sat down with an open mind on West cannot deny that he has taken a drastic change for the better.

I sit down with an open mind any time I watch TNA simply because I love wrestling and I love enjoying wrestling and if I don't sit down to TNA with an open mind, my love of wrestling will probably end up in a heap on the ground, crying and bleeding. You can claim Don West has taken a drastic change for the better? Well I was watching TNA epics last night and saw the first ever X Division title match. That was something like 6 or so years ago, and let me tell you something, Don West has not changed an ounce. Back then he complemented things that didn't warrant a compliment, just like he does now. And he MTFO over thing that didn't warrant a MTFO.

Anyone could've done it, West was just closest to the ring at the time. And a I said he's not a heel, because people do not care. At all.

But the thing is, unlike Heyman, screaming and getting excited seems to be the only thing West has going for him. Never once has he ever said something that made me laugh, made me thing, made me care any more about what was going on in the ring etc.

Have you watched any of the impact shows for the past three weeks. he has been quite solid in them.

I sit down with an open mind any time I watch TNA simply because I love wrestling and I love enjoying wrestling and if I don't sit down to TNA with an open mind, my love of wrestling will probably end up in a heap on the ground, crying and bleeding. You can claim Don West has taken a drastic change for the better? Well I was watching TNA epics last night and saw the first ever X Division title match. That was something like 6 or so years ago, and let me tell you something, Don West has not changed an ounce. Back then he complemented things that didn't warrant a compliment, just like he does now. And he MTFO over thing that didn't warrant a MTFO.

I watch wrestling too. I also have the great opportunity of catching WWC from Puerto Rico, AAA and CMLL from Mexico. I'm right there with the many that are completely frustrated with the direction TNA has taken.

I agree with you on how Don West was in the past. To be honest, he really has zero business being in wrestling.At the same time, i strongly doubt he will be gone any time soon. With that being said, he is here and anyone that watches TNA are stuck with him. IMO, the heel persona is light-years better than than the sloppy mess West was before the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back