• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Arian Foster as good as people are giving him credit for?

HiddenInPlainView

Occasional Pre-Show
Is Arian Foster that good or is he a product of the system he is in? Foster was not very highly touted coming out of Tennessee and burst onto the scene last season with 1,616 yards and and 16 touchdowns. While this is a fantastic season does this put him in elite status or is it just a flash in the pan? He is in Gary Kubiak's system which features an elite zone blocking scheme. While Offensive Coorrdinator in Denver his system got 1,000 yard seasons out of Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Olandis Gary, and Tatum Bell. Davis retired due to injury and Portis found success in Washington, but every other back went bust when they left the system. When Kubiak became Head Coach in Houstonhe brought the system with him and nearly got a 1,000 yard season out of Ron Dayne. Steve Slaton had a career year and now Foster. In week one with Foster out due to injury Ben Tate ran for over 100 yards.

My question is Arian Foster an elite running back or just a one hit wonder who thrived due to the system he was in?

Well Foster is a solid RB but he needs to show this great stats for another year.The problem is he plays for the Texans.Not much is expected of them to be honest.I'll stay if the Texans get to the playoffs it will be on the shoulders of Foster.

It's way too early to tell. He had a tremendous season last year but it was just one year. You have to do it consistently to be seen as one of the best and he has obviously yet to do that. It certainly helps that he has an explosive passing attack around him that takes the pressure off. That's something guys like AP and Chris Johnson don't have.

Is Arian Foster that good or is he a product of the system he is in? Foster was not very highly touted coming out of Tennessee and burst onto the scene last season with 1,616 yards and and 16 touchdowns. While this is a fantastic season does this put him in elite status or is it just a flash in the pan? He is in Gary Kubiak's system which features an elite zone blocking scheme. While Offensive Coorrdinator in Denver his system got 1,000 yard seasons out of Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Olandis Gary, and Tatum Bell. Davis retired due to injury and Portis found success in Washington, but every other back went bust when they left the system. When Kubiak became Head Coach in Houstonhe brought the system with him and nearly got a 1,000 yard season out of Ron Dayne. Steve Slaton had a career year and now Foster. In week one with Foster out due to injury Ben Tate ran for over 100 yards.

My question is Arian Foster an elite running back or just a one hit wonder who thrived due to the system he was in?

I dont know much about Houston other than they play in the same division as the Colts and they have Andre Johnson. With that being said if they have the same OC as Denver had under Shanahan than Foster is a product of the system. Denver could literally have put my 120lb wife in the backfield and made her into a 1200 yd. back

It has to be the system. Anybody who's seen this guy play knows that he runs high as shit, he's not that fast or strong. Kubiak's offense allows for the running back to pick their own hole. with NFL offensive lineman blocking there is going to be AT LEAST one holeto explode through. If Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, or MOJO Drew were in this system they would be breaking NFL records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back