• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Anyone Buying Into The Attacks By Hall And Pac?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So I was reading the results for the Against All Odds ppv earlier today, and I came across something that just made me scratch my head. Before the Pope's match with Mr.Anderson in the finals of the 8 Card Stud Tournament, he was giving an interview with Jeremy Borash, and he was attacked by The Band? Why would TNA do this right before a pretty big match?

Hall and Pac have been beating up different wrestlers for the past couple of weeks now because they just want to cause chaos as far as the storyline goes, but I'm wondering, is anybody really buying into this? Hall and Pac are both pretty old, and there's never really been a point in either of their careers where they were known for being threats or the type guy that could take another wrestler out, so why is TNA trying to convince us they can?

What are your thoughts? Do you believe in the beat downs issued out by The Band? Can you believe Hall and Pac as legit threats?

I think the reason Hall & Waltman attacked Pop was because 1) they were going with Pope trying overcome the odds (against all odds, get it?) and get the win when no one thought he would as it was heavily rumored that Anderson was going to get the win in the tournoment. And 2) that they can cause chaos and panic in TNA whenever they (somehow) get int he building. Hopefully this is coming to an end pretty soon. They shoudl put them ina story or just let them go because they seem to be going nowhere. Maybe a LockDown match against Nash & someone else.

Hall deffinatley not. Maybe 10 years ago he would have been a threat but he needs 2 lose acouple lbs. If he wants anyone to take him serious. On the flip side of that, I think pac (6pac or whatever his name is now) has the ring ability to be considered a "threat". He just needs 2 stop bullshitting and decide what he wants to do with his life. Honestly, IMO, pac would have been better goin to TNA on his own instead of havin him with "the band". But of course for "storyline" purposes he is associated with hall.( Well they are friends) but pac goþþa still have it. He dosent look bad, seems to be in shape an IMO is only being held down by "the hobo" scott hall!

i agree with tko i would take pac more seriously as a threat than hall. Even though im a big hall mark, i dont think he can get it done in the ring anymore, i mean i could be wrong and well i hope im wrong, but i havent seen him wrestle in forever.

Pac on the other hand has been wrestling, i got back into AAA last year and pac was in there at that time and had his own stable d-mex and he actually looked good in the ring and tried his best to keep up with the fast pace. So if pac is clean and not doing any drugs, he will be a threat for someone be it global championship or the x division title.

Well I for one am a Huge Hall mark and I am gonna go the other route and say I for one like whats going on it brings a little mystery to whats going on nobody has a clue what they are doing or why and thats something thats not happening in the industry right now and it also makes pope look like a worth opponent to aj for winning the match after the attack I know they are loose cannons but I think if we wait and see what happens they maybe could serve a purpose I know hall is overweight but you cant match his charisma and he can still work the mic I am just gonna wait and see what happens but I like the whole idea of whats going on the nastys thats another story

While people will get on Hall for needing to lose some weight, Pac needs to gain a couple. He looks like a drugged out skinny little kid who could snap at any moment.

I like these attacks but I do hope they lead to a storyline for them. I don't want Hall gone as I enjoy his work so hopefully something interesting comes of all this.

Hall and Pac are both pretty old, and there's never really been a point in either of their careers where they were known for being threats or the type guy that could take another wrestler out, so why is TNA trying to convince us they can?

"Never?" Pac maybe, but Hall was one of the biggest badasses in wrestling during his late WWF and early WCW run. He and Nash once took out the entire WCW locker room (remember Nash putting Mysterio into a trailer? CLASSIC). I agree that it's rather sad now to see him overweight and off-key, and it definitely make these attacks a little unbelievable. But don't knock the guy's past.

I am a huge hall mark and I still have faith he can get in shape but at the moment I think that angle or the pope could carry him and waltman to a decent match.
Also I did not see the point of kicking nash out of the band as he is the most in shape out of the three at this point in time.

I think we are suppose to believe that they are just unpredictable guys and came in on there own with their own agenda everything that has happened with them guys I personally have enjoyed so far because we dont have a clue where its going they can help in tna I honestly believe that hall is a great mouthpiece and can get it together I truly believe that

I am a huge hall mark and I still have faith he can get in shape but at the moment I think that angle or the pope could carry him and waltman to a decent match.
Also I did not see the point of kicking nash out of the band as he is the most in shape out of the three at this point in time.

If history serves us correct, and they are following the classic NWO formula, Nash will probably act like he's against the whole Band and pretend to side with some of the other guys, which will head with them getting in a main event match, probably on a ppv, and end up with Nash either laying down and screwing over his opponent, or just straight up turning and reveal their vile plans to throw the TNA locker room into chaos from the inside out, or something to that effect. Just my guess.

I'm a huge Hall mark too (lol Hallmark moment? Hallmark card anyone... k i'll stop :suspic:), and I'm pretty sure he is working to get back in shape. His appearance on the 1/4 Impact he looked pretty damned haggard and his gut was bulging pretty bad, lately you can see he's sucked a little fat out of lower end. Maybe we will just see a classic Hall come back and actually wrestle a match on his own, but he's going to have to get everything back in shape and not just losing weight.

Hall and Pac are both pretty old, and there's never really been a point in either of their careers where they were known for being threats or the type guy that could take another wrestler out, so why is TNA trying to convince us they can?

I'm assuming that when you typed this, you were on mad cocaine and didn't realize that you just disrespected Razor Ramon right there. I mean Hall was one of the biggest threats in the WWF his first go around, and then he continued that when he went to WCW and started a false invasion.

As for Pac, this man was forgotten by gravity. You show some resp... Oh wait you meant Waltman. Oh yeah he sucks.

As for this whole angle and me buying into it... uhm yeah I can see the legitimacy in all of this. I don't know if it's just me, but I can totally buy that they are so desperate for the big pay checks that they would beat down the younger talent to get what they want.

I doubt that they will do the fingerpoke of doom again because of the reaction of loyal tna fans who will cry and complain that the tna originals dnt get pushed.
the only original tna wrestlers who havent got a push are those who dont deserve it.also there are a seriou lack of good gimmicks but one that I find to be great is desmond wolf with his cocky english attitude I think he would make a great addition to the band

I doubt that they will do the fingerpoke of doom again because of the reaction of loyal tna fans who will cry and complain that the tna originals dnt get pushed.
the only original tna wrestlers who havent got a push are those who dont deserve it.also there are a seriou lack of good gimmicks but one that I find to be great is desmond wolf with his cocky english attitude I think he would make a great addition to the band

Desmond Wolf(e? I can never remember) should never, ever join any faction as long as he goes by that name, in my opinion. It would totally spoil his gimmick turning into "the lone wolf" along the line - the guy that needs to alliances or friends, because he kicks ass on his own.

:thumbsup:

true he is a risin star even on his own but remember the bands function is
1.get people excited for tna on monday nights
2.get tna young stars over to the average fan

that is why desmond wolfe shud join the band

I think it continues the storyline along. They are going to keep you guessing until it is time to reveal who is really behind the attacks. First you think, Nash. Nope, beat him up. Hogan, Nope, he beat the band up. Bischoff, too easy.

I think it will wind up being Eric Young. Him and Nash will face the band, and Young turns on Nash...

I love Wolfe and I think it would honestly be ridiculous to make him join The Band. The Band is supposed to be the nWo and it would make no sense for Desmond to join. The band are fine how they are now with it being Hall & Waltman (maybe Nash again) and that's it. Especially with Hall saying at the PPV "Don't turn your back ont he Wolfpack." The original Pack was Nash, Hall & Waltman and just cause his name is Wolfe, doesn't mean he should be involved.

If anything Desmond could join the British Invasion and lead them to greatness.

true he is a risin star even on his own but remember the bands function is
1.get people excited for tna on monday nights
2.get tna young stars over to the average fan

that is why desmond wolfe shud join the band

So, let me get this straight? "The Band" is being used to get people over, right? I'll agree with that, I think they helped the fans believe in Dinero as a legitimate star with their attack, and his subsequent victory. As for getting people excited for TNA, I guess I get that. There's somewhat of a nostalgic aspect that they bring to the table. What I'm finding a bit harder to comprehend, however, is why Wolfe would help them in any way, shape, or form.

"The Band" has been attacking people for the last few weeks. Doing exactly what they are supposed to do. They clearly had no trouble attacking people these last few weeks. They're wreaking havoc. As i said, fulfilling their purpose exactly. They aren't showing any signs of really struggling with this, or trying to take over TNA. They're just kind of attacking. However, if younger stars are to be getting over because of them, as you said, they're going to have to get beat, correct? And putting Wolfe with them wouldn't help him at all. It'd hold him back, force him to be with a group that is putting others over. This is instead of his current path, which is on his own, where his star is clearly rising. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm assuming that when you typed this, you were on mad cocaine and didn't realize that you just disrespected Razor Ramon right there. I mean Hall was one of the biggest threats in the WWF his first go around, and then he continued that when he went to WCW and started a false invasion.

As for Pac, this man was forgotten by gravity. You show some resp... Oh wait you meant Waltman. Oh yeah he sucks.

As for this whole angle and me buying into it... uhm yeah I can see the legitimacy in all of this. I don't know if it's just me, but I can totally buy that they are so desperate for the big pay checks that they would beat down the younger talent to get what they want.

No I wasn't high on cocaine when I posted this thread. Although posting while on cocaine would either be very fun or an expreince I would never forget. Anyway, yeah Hall might have been some what of a threat in WWF, and back in the day when he went to WCW, but that was YEARS AGO. Besides it's not like Hall always beat down other wrestlers by himself. He had the NWO backing him up pretty much all the damn time, and when he cost Goldberg the streak and the title at Starrcade '98, he used a fucking stun gun of all things! Hall was never a HUGE threat that could take down other wrestlers by himself.

I remember reading reports about how Hall didn't want to wrestle at Genesis because of how he looked in his tights. He was so embarrassed of how out shape he was, and he didn't want to be seen on TV like that. That's where I have a problem in believing he's a threat when he's beating up guys like Kurt Angle, a man who in kayfabe and real life would kick his ass easily now. When it comes to Pac, I might be able to believe him because the guy looks like he can still go, but still, I'm not completly sold on him either.

I like Hall/Razor, and have for years, but I just have a hard time believing he's a legit threat now.

I find it funny that you say at no point in Scott Hall's career was he the type of wrestler that would take another wrestler out. Um... what did Scott Hall do in the nWo from 1996-2002?? Even Syxx was in the nWo. So yes, they are the type of wrestlers that it's totally believable that they'd take another wrestler out.

I find it funny that you say at no point in Scott Hall's career was he the type of wrestler that would take another wrestler out. Um... what did Scott Hall do in the nWo from 1996-2002?? Even Syxx was in the nWo. So yes, they are the type of wrestlers that it's totally believable that they'd take another wrestler out.

He was some what of a threat back in the NWO days, but he never really was the type of guy who could take out wrestlers by himself. As I said earlier, his biggest moment as far as taking someone out came at Starrcade 1998, when he hit Goldberg with the stun gun. The only reason he was able to take down Goldberg was because of the STUN GUN. It's not like he went in there and beat the shit of him...no. Also, when he put a lot of those beat downs he put on other wrestlers in WCW, it's not like he did it by himself. He had the NWO backing him up pretty much all the time.

When Samoa Joe was terroizing the Main Event Mafia by himself, it was very believable because Joe looked a legit psycho, and his size, facial expressions, and body language helped pull everything together.

Maybe back in the day he was a threat, but as of now, I have a hard time believing a 51 year old Hall is a threat, and could take another wrestler out.

Is it believable? No. It isn't, just as unbelievable as the Nasty Boys kicking people's asses. Hall hasn't more than one believable moment in any of these run-ins yet and that was just his taunts or whatever, the pumping up, it took us back but all of his movements are stunted by old age, being out of shape (more from the past drug/alcohol problems), and being overweight.
This is not to say I didn't wish it were more believable but honestly Nash is more believable than Hall and he too is getting to the point where he isn't believable.

He was some what of a threat back in the NWO days, but he never really was the type of guy who could take out wrestlers by himself. As I said earlier, his biggest moment as far as taking someone out came at Starrcade 1998, when he hit Goldberg with the stun gun. The only reason he was able to take down Goldberg was because of the STUN GUN. It's not like he went in there and beat the shit of him...no. Also, when he put a lot of those beat downs he put on other wrestlers in WCW, it's not like he did it by himself. He had the NWO backing him up pretty much all the time.

When Samoa Joe was terroizing the Main Event Mafia by himself, it was very believable because Joe looked a legit psycho, and his size, facial expressions, and body language helped pull everything together.

Maybe back in the day he was a threat, but as of now, I have a hard time believing a 51 year old Hall is a threat, and could take another wrestler out.

To be realistic

HHHKing said:

Everyone was rebutting everything you were saying with proper logical arguments and you switched it to the argument that he doesn't look like a threat today, which nobody was arguing and I don't think will argue. He obviously doesn't look the part today, but you said there was never a point in his career where he's never played the terror and taken people out, which is quite obvious he has, Razor Ramone being his best example, and even the short time when him and Nash came in and they weren't even giving them names until Hogan dropped the leg on Savage and started the nWo.

I say if Hall is taking it seriously (which I believe he is), he'll get in as best shape a 51 year old alcoholic (or life-long alcohol abuser, whatever way you want to look at it) can and give it his best. Now, I don't see him putting on any good matches like he did in WWF and his early WCW run before the nWo, but, I think i said it in another thread that it'd be nice to see him lose the stomach and get some actual muscle back, he may actually be able to do some positive things in his role and be believable.

On a side note, hope hall loses the running shoes, jeans and generic t-shirts for some semi-wrestling gear regardless if he's going to be crazy active like he used to be before. Or as crazy active as Scott Hall can be... lol

Why is this even being talked about? First off I like the Pac/Hall combo. They seem like bums who are out to just get paid and by any means. Hall was called the Bad Guy back in the day. He was the first to show up in WCW to form the NWO. He didnt run away when Sting showed up in his face. Also every attack has been 2 on 1 anyway. So why isnt it believeable that 2 guys could beat up one guy. No one every had this problem when Sting single handed beat up the NWO at the end of nitro youtube its funny as hell to watch. Its just wrestling anything can happen. Its a male soap. As we know day time soaps are full of unrealistic stories and terrible acting. Wrestling has all that and more.

Is it believable? No. It isn't, just as unbelievable as the Nasty Boys kicking people's asses. Hall hasn't more than one believable moment in any of these run-ins yet and that was just his taunts or whatever, the pumping up, it took us back but all of his movements are stunted by old age, being out of shape (more from the past drug/alcohol problems), and being overweight.
This is not to say I didn't wish it were more believable but honestly Nash is more believable than Hall and he too is getting to the point where he isn't believable.

I agree. It's really hard to take Hall seriously when he shuffles to the ring, like the Old Guy, instead of the Bad Guy. He's been reduced to throwing weak kicks and punches. Have we even seen a 'Razor's Edge' yet?

At least Waltman can still go in the ring. He threw a nice spinning back kick on Nash when they attacked him. I am a least interested in seeing him in the ring and seeing what he could do in the X-Division. I have no interest in seeing Hall until he can get back into some sort of shape.

Everyone was rebutting everything you were saying with proper logical arguments and you switched it to the argument that he doesn't look like a threat today, which nobody was arguing and I don't think will argue. He obviously doesn't look the part today, but you said there was never a point in his career where he's never played the terror and taken people out, which is quite obvious he has, Razor Ramone being his best example, and even the short time when him and Nash came in and they weren't even giving them names until Hogan dropped the leg on Savage and started the nWo.

I didn't mean to go off topic, but some people disagreed with the statement I made in my OP, where I said, Hall and Pac were never really big threats, and I was just gave my opinions to those other posters. I still don't believe Hall/Razor was a huge threat. If you ask me, his heel character back then was to be a nuisance, and to be a constant pain in the ass. Just like Pac, Hall was only really dangerous when he had the NWO behind him, and Pac was only a threat when he had the NWO or DX behind him. When you say a single wrestler was a threat I think about Bam Bam Bigelow, Batista, Kane, Samoa Joe, Sting, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back