Intl. Region, Leeds Subregion, First Round: (5) Chris Jericho vs. (28) Dean Malenko

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Dean Malenko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Leeds Arena in Leeds, England.

Leeds-arena-1.jpg

foto-funny-chris-jericho-asa-cum-nu-l-ai-vazut-niciodata.jpg

#5. Chris Jericho

Vs.

DeanMalenko.jpg

#28. Dean Malenko

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

A R M B A R ! !

I am sure you all remember WCW right? Ah, memories. Do you remember what Dean's nickname was? If you guessed 'The Man of 1000 holds' you would be correct. Too bad Chris Jericho knows 1004 holds. Pretty cool, huh. Does Dean have an acheivement trophy in Raw vs Smackdown 2011 because he knows 1000 holds? Nope. But Jericho does because he knows 1004.

All joking aside- Jericho simply has Malenko here. Just like back on Nitro all those years ago. Dean is gonna tap out to the Liontamer & there just isnt much else to say here.

Your winner by way of submission & moving on to the second round- Chris Jericho.

If I remember correctly these guys traded wins and losses a few times in WCW in 1998. They had a good feud and were considered equals. The difference here is that was Malenko's peak but just the beginning for Jericho. Jericho would go on to bigger and better things while Malenko never got any better than being Jericho's equal before Jericho's prime. I think he's seeded way too high but Y2J moves on to the second round.

Jericho won seven of their ten televised one-on-one meetings, got the better of their WCW Cruiserweight title feud, and went on to be the much bigger star winning multiple world titles.

Jericho and his 1,004 holds should move on.

Jericho is a world champion who made the big time, even if he isn't one of the best in this tournament he's much better than Malenko easy with for Jericho

Winner: Jericho makes Malenko tap at about the 20 min mark

These guys feuded in WCW back in the day and came out of it fairly evenly. Then what happened is that JEricho went on from strength to strength, while Malenko stayed at that level for the rest of his career. Easily a Jericho win here for me.

Haha what a fantastic match this would be!! Resurrecting their famous feud in WCW. However, the difference now is that in WCW they were on the same level while Jericho ended up becoming the first ever Undisputed Champion in the history of the business, while Malenko didn't.

As talented as Malenko was, and I think he was fantastic in the ring, you can't say he's beat Jericho here

This match is obviously hilarious. Has anybody seen any family gradunzels lying around?

The exchange between these guys in WCW was the best run of Malenko's career. He got that Bret Hart hard-worker type of face pops but mostly in part due to the great antagonism of Chris Jericho. Attested to by the fact that his success could not be replicated at any point afterwards.

Jericho, however, beat Austin and The Rock in the same night. Jericho has been shown to be better in every area and moves on with relative ease.

One of the highlights of Jericho's career, as I remember, is taunting a Dean Malenko on sabbatical while he was Cruiserweight Champion. Malenko then returned, won a Battle Royal, and destroyed Jericho in 3 minutes to win the Cruiserweight Championship.

Unfortunately, that was the apex of success Malenko had against Jericho. In most of their matches, Jericho came out victorious, and that wasn't even Chris Jericho in his prime. Malenko, as underrated a talent as there's been in a long time, never came close to reaching the levels Jericho did, and for good reason.

Unless Malenko catches a cocky Jericho early here and submits him, he has no chance. Jericho beat every big name there was in his prime outside of John Cena, and Malenko was hardly a big name. Jericho wins what would be an outstanding contest.

Brain said it best. They exchanged victories in WCW, but that was Malenko's peak. Jericho went on to become a legend in the sport. Jericho wins convincingly to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back