Int'l Region, Las Vegas Subregion, Second Round: (4) Bret Hart vs. (13) Great Muta

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Bret Hart

• Great Muta

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Las Vegas Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules. It will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

mgm-grand-arena-vegas-1_C.jpg

bret-hart-bio.png

#4. Bret Hart

Vs.

GreatMuta_0002.jpg

#13. The Great Muta

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is a really interesting match I would've loved to have seen. Muta and Bret could've really been something of a great match or even a great series of matches. Hell, their primes are at roughly the same time too so this wouldn't have been impossible. I'm tempted in fact to make a Muta/Shawn Michaels comparison just to drive this point home further, but there's also the fact that Muta has some dodgy knees and you just know Bret Hart's going to be all over that like a rash on a baby's behind. So really I think they cancel each other out for the most part and it comes down to who the bigger star is.

Muta's one Japan's biggest ever names and one of the very few to come the States and be a draw there in some capacity. He was a star in WCW/NWA back in the late 80s and almost stole the show (along with Sting), from underneath Flair and Funk on a good few occasions is nothing to be balked at. He's been top dog in the two biggest Japanese promotions and held the NWA World's Championship. He's a great wrestler and an innovator.

Bret Hart though is just that bit bigger.

Bret was top man in WWF and prided himself on being a real world's champion, I.E. defending that belt all over the world. The Canada/America angle in 97' only served to enhance Bret's reputation abroad and he was a star in Europe, Asia and all over the world. He's known and loved the world over. He's even been in The Simpsons for crying out loud. I think this would be an incredible match, but I think Bret would have Muta tapping with those knees of his locked in the Sharpshooter.

I'm sure this would have been an excellent match, but its also a mismatch I'm afraid. It would be a thriller from start to finish, but ultimately, there would have to be a winner. I think either could take it, and I don't particularly like or dislike either competitor so there's no preference there either. For reasons I can't really put into words, I have a gut feeling Hart will win because he was a versatile wrestler with a lot to offer and just because.

This is one of those matches that could headline a major PPV and hold you at the edge of your seat. Two very talented guys taking eachother to the limit and honestly I could not care who wins this one. I think it would be very close but in the end I just see Bret picking his shots & finally locking in that Sharpshooter for the third or fourth time to finally take it home. Cant be mad for anyone voting Muta, but I have to give this one to The Hitman.

This would be an excellent match, with both guys being very respected all over the world and both extremely talented performers.

However, I see Bret Hart as one of the most versatile performers of all time- he was capable of having quality matches with just about anyone and was the undoubted face of WWE for a pretty long period of time. Muta is an all time great, but as FunKay mentioned, he has a weakness- his knees, caused after years of slamming them into the canvas performing the moonsault. Bret would target this, with stomps, locks and the Figure 4 around the ringpost and of course The Sharpshooter. I think a missed moonsault would lead to The Hitman locking in his patented finisher for a hard-fought submission victory.

Vote Bret.

This is one of my dream matches. Simply would be an incredible match.

I've stressed before my admiration for The Great Muta. He's maybe my favorite Japanese wrestler ever (if not #1, then definitely top 3), and IMO truly one of the all time greats. I've went into detail why plenty of times before.

That said, while Muta is one of the all time greats, Bret Hart in my book is THE greatest to ever do it.

There are only a couple guys in this game I would vote for over Hart, and that wouldn't even be because I think they're better than him... just simply out of favoritism. And while I'm a HUGE Muta fan, and he's in my top 10, that love is not enough for me to vote for who I believe is the greatest pro wrestler of all time and someone who also is in my top 10 all time favorite list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back