Int. Region, Third Round: Pure Rules Match: (2) The Rock vs. (7) Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Matchup?

• The Rock

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the International Region. It is a Pure Rules match held in the 02 Arena in London, England.

blue02arena450_450x320.jpg

Rules: This match is won by pinfall, submission, countout or disqualification. There are three special rules.

1. Wrestlers can only be saved by the ropes three times. If their rope breaks are used up, reaching the ropes in a pin or hold has no effect whatsoever.

2. Closed fists are illegal. The first punch thrown will result in a warning, the second in the loss of a rope break, and the third is an automatic DQ.

3. The wrestlers have a twenty count to return to the ring instead of ten.

The-Rock-Dumbbells.jpg

#2. The Rock
Vs.

ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

#7. Ultimate Warrior

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume the wrestlers are at full strength after their first two matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This, aside from the submission matches, is the last match Warrior wanted to see. Because Warrior and rules just don't mesh; most of his losses are by DQ or count out. It already took the gimmick being in Warrior's favor; now he's absolutely boned.

Rock wins this, when Warrior shakes the ropes thrice, and fucks himself over.

Really don't think the stipulation favors either guy. All it truly does is ensure that this would be shit match.You're taking screwy finishes and punches away from The Rock? I mean, he still wins because he shits all over Warrior every category, but man.

Rock wins because he's better. We can all stop knob-gobbling Warrior for another year.

Agreed on all parts here. Rock's the bigger star and has also beaten Hogan at Wrestlemania. In the same place that Warrior did. So that nullifies Warrior's greatest feat. Then you look at box office and as over as Warrior was in his prime, it pales in comparison to The People's Champion. To hold his own with the likes of Austin in the Attitude Era is no small feat, and Rock did that.

Many would say Warrior didn't hold his own with Hogan in terms of drawing money and merchandise. I would agree with that.

I'll miss Warrior as he was a part of my childhood, but I can't put him over The Rock.

The Rock says... The Rock says he moves on to the next round.

wow this would be bad, I'd just hope that it ended quickly. I'm calling it a Rock, victory because Rock was better than Warrior in basically every way

Winner-Rock, the Rock throws a punch gets a warning, but Warrior throws three straight punches and gets Dq'd in a 20 second match

I like the Warrior as much as anyone else, but The Rock is just superior in everyway. The stipulation would indeed make this a very bad match, but The Rock moves on either way.

This is tougher than people are making it out to be. Obviously Rock is one of the best ever, but the Ultimate Warrior almost never lost. This stipulation favors Warrior a lot more than it does Rock. Back around 2000/2001 my buddies and I used to have kind of a prop bet when watching PPVs and would set an over/under for how many punches Rock would throw in a match and the number was always set really high. I don't remember Warrior punching that much. Yeah he was a brawler but he mostly used clotheslines and shoulder blocks. Rock lived on those punches. I'll have to think about this one but I'm leaning toward Warrior.

Wow, I can't imagine a Rock match without those punches!

However, I think he's smart enough to be able to put together a strategy to win without his trademark punches, while I'm easily able to picture Warrior in his pumped-up roided-out-of-his-mind state totally forgetting the rules and throwing 3 punches, getting himself disqualified in the process.

It wouldn't be a good match at all, but Rocky should get the win.

Wow, I can't imagine a Rock match without those punches!

However, I think he's smart enough to be able to put together a strategy to win without his trademark punches, while I'm easily able to picture Warrior in his pumped-up roided-out-of-his-mind state totally forgetting the rules and throwing 3 punches, getting himself disqualified in the process.

It wouldn't be a good match at all, but Rocky should get the win.

My think if I think Rock was a smart enough wrestle to use forearms and elbows where no offense to warrior he got dq'd alot and it wouldn't shock me to see him do that here. Plus a flurry of offense wouldn't finish Rock early.

This is tougher than people are making it out to be. Obviously Rock is one of the best ever, but the Ultimate Warrior almost never lost. This stipulation favors Warrior a lot more than it does Rock. Back around 2000/2001 my buddies and I used to have kind of a prop bet when watching PPVs and would set an over/under for how many punches Rock would throw in a match and the number was always set really high. I don't remember Warrior punching that much. Yeah he was a brawler but he mostly used clotheslines and shoulder blocks. Rock lived on those punches. I'll have to think about this one but I'm leaning toward Warrior.
My thoughts exactly. Undertaker is often referred to as the best pure striker in WWE history(which is rediculous), and it's said that few would win a striking contest with Cena, but nobody depended on closed fists in their prime moreso than the Rock. That's not to say that he can't wrestle otherwise, because he's actually quite good. But this takes a huge weapon from Rock's arsenal, and while I'm sure he can adapt, this isn't just anyone he'ld have to adapt against. Warrior used running clotheslines much more than he did punches, so that's to his advantage here.

I'm surprised this is such a runaway in Rock's favor, to be honest.

Someone mentioned that most of Warrior's losses came by DQ or count-out. Actually, they were moreso by count-out than they were DQ, and that's far less likely to happen here. With the count-out being at 20 instead of 10, that's a huge plus for Warrior. It's almost as big as the closed fist rule is for Warrior.

This is a big-time match, and Warrior's history in such matches is better than Rock's. He beat Hogan clean at Wrestlemania 6, then (briefly) retired Savage at Wrestlemania 7. Rock traded the WWF championship back and forth with Mick Foley, a wrestler far below him in the annuls of wrestling history, and lost two of his three championship matches with Steve Austin at Wrestlemania.

With all that said, while I think Rock is the greater superstar with the bigger legacy, Warrior's no slouch. The man simply didn't lose much, and when he did, it wasn't clean. Rock would have to beat him clean here, most likely, unless Warrior got carried away. The stipulations of the match favor him, and based on that, I'm voting Warrior.

I think Warrior is the more dominant of the two, but he is one of the dumbest wrestlers in history. Rules weren't Warrior's thing.

I can honestly say this is the first time I have voted against a wrestler because I'm convinced he's just too stupid to not get disqualified.

Weird match to see.... anyway, I don't have big arguments as to why Rock should win, since the stipulation doesn't favor either man. That being said, UW had a brief but powerful impact on the business, while Rocky has been probably the only wrestler to actually make it outside the wrestling world. In other words, Rock has a bigger legacy.

Warrior basically never lost. Rock lost A LOT. Basically every major competitor of his time, Rock lost to him. Rock's a big star because of his promos, not because of match success. He'd lose this match and then do commentary the rest of the tournament which would make the TV viewers a lot happier. Warrior moves on, and easily.

Surprised how badly Warrior is getting beat here. The Rock's greatest offense comes from his punches, Warrior's from clotheslines and presses, I think Ultimate Warrior would go over here. The Attitude Era never really had guys like the Ultimate Warrior for The Rock to truly be tested with but when guys like Brock Lesnar and Goldberg made their way into the WWE, they beat Rocky in great fashion. John Cena technically had The Rock beat twice as well, if he hadn't made that mistake of mocking him, which is something Warrior would never do.

Ultimate Warrior wins in my eyes. Regardless of who the bigger star is, as The Rock has lost many times to lesser stars.

Guess I'm the only person who believes that this stip would actually have went over very well in Warrior's pomp (and I'm far from a member of the oWn). I'd see this match playing out with a heel Rock using every trick in the book to cheat and the crowd getting hotter and hotter with every punch, low blow etc that the self professed people's champ gets away with and exploding when the former Rock Hulk's Up and repeatedly clotheslines the people's eyebrow off his face before press slamming and splashing him for the victory.

Some 80's style booking wins the Ultimate Warrior my vote.

Are we talking about the same Rock who lost to big name wrestlers more times than he won, relied on punches all the time, and basically never won a huge match clean during his prime because there were no clean matches? Against a guy who beat all of the big names in his era, relied on wrestling moves and energy, and basically won all of his matches clean.

This is definitely Warrior's, I just got here far too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back