Intl. Region, Houston Subregion, First Round: (7) Ultimate Warrior vs. (26) Goldust

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ultimate Warrior

• Goldust

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

toyota-center.jpg

ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

#7. Ultimate Warrior

Vs.

goldust.jpg

#26. Goldust

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Surprised nobody's posted in here yet.

Two of the weirdest characters in WWE history square off. And Warrior wins this in about ten seconds when he attempts a Gorilla Press slam on Goldy and drops him on his head, paralyzing him. But it's not over. See Warrior does his big splash, which is stiff as hell and ends up resetting Golden Dusty's vertebrae, allowing him to walk again.

I also realized that Goldust was a play on his name Dustin. Holy Toledo, Ohio.

Shoot out the walls of heartache, bang bang. I am the Warrior.

Warrior in a squash. I was never a Warrior fan, and not sure that I will vote for him again in this tournament but Goldust is not at Warrior's level. I give this match about 20 seconds. Warrior to the next round.

Big Time fan of Goldust, and I have bigged up his credentials before, but ultimately he was never in Warrior's league. HArdly anyone ever beat Warrior, and I don't think anything that has happened in Goldust's career suggests that he will be the man to beat Warrior.

Now everyone just wait a sec. Sure Warrior was batshit crazy & seemed to be an unstoppable force- but even Superman had kryptonite to worry about. I think I figured out Warrior's kryptonite. The Ultimate Warrior is a homophobe. His opponent, Goldust, is like a tranny who got lost in a Hollywood movie studio after taking too much LSD.

256279628_640.jpg

He knows what buttons to push & it will make Warrior very uncomfortable. Goldust does his thing & then Warrior refuses to lock up with him. Then he is chased around the ring until finally getting freaked out & walks off, earning Goldust a count-out victory.

This would be a fun match and one we should have seen at the Good Friends Better Enemies PPV in 1996. Actually I originally wanted it for WM12 but that's another story. Anyway, Warrior didn't seem to bothered by Goldust's mind games in 1996 and Goldust doesn't match up physically against Warrior. I'm sure this would be very entertaining but Warrior would go over in the end.

I think this is an easy win for the Warrior. Goldust is good, but he's up against a man who destroyed pretty much everyone he ever got in the ring with in his prime. Warrior beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania, he isn't going to have a problem with Goldy, certainly not in the 1st round of a tournament like this.

After some weird theatrics from the bizarre one, Warrior smashes him with a clothesline, press slams him, and splashes him for an easy win.

Along with Angle/Miz, this is one of the easier matches in the tournament to call. Goldust was and is a tremendously entertaining character, but his stock never really rose above that of the mid-card. As for Warrior, he derailed what likely would have been a much more successful career due to his arrogance and belief that he was bigger then the company, which hurts his stock.

Still, he beat Hogan for the WWF Title at Wrestlemania 6, is the only wrestler to hold the WWF and IC Titles together, only lost the WWF title to Sgt. Slaughter because of heavy interference, and capped off a tremendous year by retiring Randy Savage at Wrestlemania 7, however brief.

As others have said, this match would be a tremendous one to see, but Warrior in his prime simply didn't lose clean. If he didn't to Hogan and didn't to Savage, he's not going to do so to a career mid-carder like Goldust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back