Int Region, Third Round, First Blood Match: (3) Sting vs. (6) Kurt Angle

Who wins this match?

• Sting

• Kurt Angle

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the International Region. It is a First Blood match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Arena Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico. Assume one week has passed since the second round match.

arena-mexico.jpg

First Blood Match Rules: Anything goes in this match with the winner being the first person to bust his opponent open, drawing a significant amount of blood.​

42.jpg

#3. Sting

Vs.

IMG_9536.jpg

#6. Kurt Angle

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I've never seen Sting bleed. Not saying it's impossible, but I've been an avid Sting fan since I grew a rat-tail in his honor when I was 10 years old. And I've never witnessed him bleed.

Kurt Angle on the other hand? Has bled and bled quite a bit in his career. And Sting has a sadistic side to him, so it's not like he'll be too nice and not make Angle bleed. It would be a wonderful match and even though they've wrestled in TNA, Sting's prime was in WCW and Angle's in WWE. And in both their primes, I see Sting coming out on top in this bout. He'll use the bat and bust Angle open.

Vote Stinger.

Terrible draw for Kurt! Angle who always colours against a guy with a bat who never colours. Plus, as Angle has alluded to himself, he has never been able to beat Sting clean... and that's with the Icon further out of his prime than the Olympic Gold Medalist.

Yeah this gimmick is huge for Sting. I'd say he has career edge too, but an infrequent bleeder vs a frequent bleeder, when one is famed for use of a bat seems a big hurdle.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with the result here but just to point out - Angle claiming he had trouble against Sting was just for promotional purposes for Hardcore Justice '09, as was heavily critiqued at the time. In fact he'd already beat him for a World Title on Impact and in a KotM qualifying match. He also beat him at the Hardcore Justice '09, and again retained the World Title against him on Impact after. Overall record stands at 4 wins, 2 defeats, 3 draws.

Still, point taken that this Sting isn't representative of prime Sting, whereas Angle is so it's not really relevant. Just not an argument against Angle either.

Gonna take something special for me to vote against Sting here.

I've never seen Sting bleed. Not saying it's impossible, but I've been an avid Sting fan since I grew a rat-tail in his honor when I was 10 years old. And I've never witnessed him bleed.

Not that it really matters, but for informative purposes, when he faced Hogan at BFG a year and a half ago.

But I'm in tune to the rest of your post. I've seen Angle bleed quite a bit, and that's not just because he's wrestled in more hardcore settings than Sting, I just think the bigger faces tend to bleed less often. It's harder to extract blood from them.

Sting is the bigger face in this match. Hell, he was a bigger face than Angle when he jumped over the TNA in 2006 despite being almost a decade older. It's hard to differentiate between the two men in this match because on the surface there's not much that you would say gives either guy and advantage. The only point I can really raise is that, yeah, I've just seen Angle bleed more often.

I think he's more prone to bleeding than Sting and that means I guess Sting wins. I'd give it to him anyway based on career, and being the bigger wrestler and yada yada yada, but even with the stip, he can get it done. Baseball bat to the noggin on the 20 minute mark, Angle starts gushing from above the eye. I'm sorry, don't usually do that but the notion looked funny in my minds-eye. Sting hits a homerun on Angle's forehead for the win.

It's really hard for me here since these are two of my all time favorites, I think I like Angle more though. I think in a different match type Kurt would win but as it's been said, sting doesn't bleed much. For the record though here's a pic

sting-blood-tna-impact.jpg

I also remember pre-crow sting bleeding a few times too. Moral of the story is angle bleeds way more and unfortunately that loses this match for him. Sting wins.

Sting was an absolute force in his prime. Angle was really good, but wasn't a dominant guy. Not in WWF/E.

Definitely voting Stinger because I can't see Kurt in his WWF/E prime taking down early 90's Sting. There aren't many guys who I would vote against Stinger, Kurt being among those unlucky men.

Stinger moves forward.

Man what a bad draw for Kurt here. Kurt is one of my favorites all time, but he isn't going over Sting in this match. I think Sting has the overall better career. He was an absolute beast in the 90's. Angle never quite made it to top guy status. Sting also had a brutal side as did Kurt. I still think it would be harder to make Sting bleed. Voting Sting.

I'm not saying don't vote Sting to win but using the Sting bleed less argument might be a bad bases for the vote. Think about it this way, if this match was being hyped as 'no one has made Sting bleed before' does logic not lead you to believe he might be booked to lose this match because of that?

Not saying that is the way this would be booked but just something for thought.

Can't think of much to break these two apart so I am going to wait and read the arguments and see where my vote lies

It's got nothing to do with blood for me, Sting's just better and would win. He's been more of a successful focal point than Angle and is still TNAs biggest draw despite being in his 50s. Sting's career is more illustrious than Angle's and he should win.

Sting and Angle have met a few times in TNA, and from what I've found Angle has the edge in the win/loss department. However, this was before either guys primes as both seem to be wrestling Father Time and losing nowadays. Sting in WCW was a beast, and there top draw for a while. Angle in his prime as highly successful, and even defeated Stone Cold in his prime for the WWE title. That being said Angle was never the WWE's top dog... he's always been second to someone. Whether it be Austin, Rock, or Cena. He's largely been a supporting star like Undertaker and Jericho.

I'll take a prime Sting over a prime Angle here. If the gimmick does pay a role, it'll likely be in Stings favor anyway.

This would have been an incredible match, with both men in their primes. Two all-time greats facing off. This is a WM main event standard match if their ever was one!

I am really struggling to pick a side here, neither men are really known for their bloody wars, there arent too many occasions I can remember either guy wearing the crimson mask, both dont really rely on that kind of thing too often.

However, I think I am going to go for Kurt Angle here. I just personally enjoy him more in the ring than Sting, but its really, really close. I hate seeing either of these guys go down here, but I could see Angle getting hold of Sting's bat and smashing him in the face to cause Sting to be busted open.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back