Int Region, Toronto Subregion, First Round: (6) Kurt Angle vs. (27) Bam Bam Bigelow

Who wins this match?

• Kurt Angle

• Bam Bam Bigelow

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Toronto Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

acc.jpg

IMG_9536.jpg

#6. Kurt Angle

Vs.

tumblr_maazryJP2k1rdus63o1_400.jpg

#27. Bam Bam Bigelow

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm a bigger Bam Bam fan than most, but I don't give him much of a chance here. No one squashes Bam Bam, so it would take Kurt a good amount of time to wear him down. In the end, however, Bam Bam gets caught with a huge Angle slam.

Kurt moves on.

This match would be excellent first and foremost. Kurt wins this one in a competitive match. Bam Bam never lays down easy for anyone, but, he always had a problem with the top guys, which Kurt has been since he came into the company. I'd say this one ends with an Angle slam off the top rope when Bam bam is going up for a moonsault.

Yeah Angle definitely goes over here. I like both of these guys a lot and I think it's a tough draw for Bam Bam. He was a popular wrestler but never managed to get passed the top guys in WWE or WCW.

Angle wins in a good match.

As is the case with a lot of the older guys in this, it's a bad draw for Bigelow. Angle has made a living out of Angle Slamming guys far bigger than him and Bigelow is no exception. Bigelow is indeed great and could hang with a lot of people, but at the end of the day there's too much Angle to stop here.

Angle is a legitimate matt God and Bigelow, for however agile he may have been, isn't that competent. I'll attest to not seeing loads of Bam Bam, but I have seen a fair few matches and I know that Bam Bam has neither the resume, nor the all round game to take a guy who could potentially beat anybody in this tournament on the right day.

Bigelow was agile for a big guy, but we all know Kurt is a cardio machine and has earnt his perhaps greatest and latest nickname 'the cyborg'. It takes a lot more than being quick for your size and having brief flirts with the main event to beat a guy with the amount of world titles Kurt Angle can claim.

Bigelow is well known as being one of the best and most agile big men to ever get into a ring, but against the Wrestling Machine Kurt Angle he hasn't got a chance.

Kurt is right up there as one of the best athletes in the history of the business and of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time. He has beaten pretty much everyone possible since his debut and even now performs at a stupidly high standard when his body is falling apart.

It wouldnt be easy, but Angle's superior talent shines through and he makes Bam Bam tap to the Ankle lock after 12 minutes of a good match

Winner: Kurt Angle

Angle wins this. Bam Bam could be the most agile big man in this tourney, but Angle's one of the best overall wrestlers in the tourney. And as mentioned, Angle's picked bigger foes up for the Angle Slam, and once they're down... the Ankle Lock would immobilize any agility one has.

Angle takes this. It's true.

I like Bigelow a lot. Great look and great ability. However, his accomplishments don't even come close to Angle's. Angle has been a top guy since the day he debuted. I don't know how many championships he's up to now but I think he gets by Bam Bam on his first three years in the business alone.

It's a similar escenario as with Henry/Sting. A very physical match where Angle would be powered by the much larger Bigelow. In the end, Angle was always built like a giant slayer, he would accomplish a german suplex, the Angle slam. It doesn't matter how big the opponent could be, Angle would find a way to lock the ankle lock and may him tap (I'm looking at you Big Show).

Anyway, an exhausting match for Angle, but he walks out with the victory.

The fact Angle is such a low seed shows how much he's tarnished his legacy in recent years, but that shouldn't affect him here. Bigelow could do a lot of cool stuff, and his look is one of the most legitmately unsettling in history. However, he never reached the heights of Angle, and he never seemed as dominant as some of the other people his size, or not enough to be guaranteed to beat a main eventer.

Angle is a legitimate matt God and Bigelow, for however agile he may have been, isn't that competent. I'll attest to not seeing loads of Bam Bam, but I have seen a fair few matches

Wow harsh. Bam Bam is absolutely incredible imo. I really think he should be considered top 5 big men of all time on sheer ability. His impact and selling are both amazing and through out his career he is consistently incredible. Most big men turn into a sack of shit when they age, Bam Bam never did.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ns9f_kotr93-final-bret-hart-v-bam-bam-bi_fun#.UUU4hBz3Moo

This match is incredible. And it's totally not a Bret carry job at all, I'd say Bam Bam outworks him here. So wonderfully stiff without being dangerous.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg...998-tv-title_sport?search_algo=2#.UUU3lBz3Moo

This is so much fun too.

Seriously, Bam Bam is the fucking man :) I'm not insulting your opinion here, just think you are missing out on one of the best big men ever and might enjoy a couple of his matches. If he's not your cup of tea, fair enough.

He doesn't beat Angle here though. During Angle's peak (arguably he peaked late 2000 actually, idno) he was performing great against large opponents like Big Show and Brock Lesnar regularly. Both of them offer a more serious kayfabe threat than Bam Bam and he was able to throw them around still. Same goes for Mark Henry and The Undertaker in 2006, and Kane at Wrestlemania.

Basically, Angle's done it all against big men and would never lose here to Bigelow. <3 him though

1 time ECW Champion vs 4 time WWF Champ, 1 time World Champ, 1 time WCW Champ, 1 time IWGP Champ and 5 time TNA World Champ (total 12 World Title reigns).

Not even close, Kurt gets the Beast to tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back