In other tragic news

I have seen people use drugs firsthand too. My brother did it for a period of 5 years. I love my brother but I still find it despicable (I'm proud that he is clean now, but he had no sympathy from me) . My grandpa and great grandpa both died of drug use. Im under the belief of using drug is a choice. He made that choice. Someone dying of cancer deserves sympathy. I don't believe drug user are only harming themselves. They have the potential to harm others which is why I have no sympathy for them. Again I am not happy a human being died. I am however glad a Potential danger is gone.
Science disagrees with the bolded portion of this post.

It started as a choice when he was 13. Then he became addicted and it wasn't a choice any longer. While he tried to get better he was unable to.

RIP. I don't watch the show, but regardless it is terrible to hear of a young man losing his life, regardless of the circumstances. People who were close to the young man deserve sympathy, and he deserves sympathy for being unable to get his life back before it was too late.

They have the potential to harm others which is why I have no sympathy for them. Again I am not happy a human being died. I am however glad a Potential danger is gone.

If you think about it, anyone living is a potential danger with the potential to harm others. Anyone driving a car, for instance, could have a moment's lapse of attention and cause an accident.

Every circumstance is different. Addicts should not all be painted with the same brush. They're not all demons, they're not all saints. They're just people, and should be considered and treated as such. They shouldn't be thrown to the wolves just because they made mistakes, especially if they are trying to recover from and atone for them.

He, his friends, his family, his coworkers, and his fans all have my sympathies on this.

I feel a lack of sympathy for the guy because he starred on a shit show like Glee, something I would never, ever spend even 3 seconds of my lifetime watching.

That said, those who fall down to the DISEASE of addiction, I do feel for them. We don't know their circumstances on why they started taking drugs in the first place, and unless you've ever been truly addicted to something, you (and I) don't know how hard it really is to kick that stuff for good. As long as they're not the type to put people in serious harm to catch their high, then drug addicts definitely deserve sorrow like anyone else who suffers from a disease.

Someone being a druggy doesnt necessarily make them a low life, but it does make them sort of a loser, and not worthy of a ton of sympathy. Just as when I engage in reckless behaviour, I dont expect any of you to feel bad for me if I died. I knew what I was doing, I made the choice to do it.

Also, the "OMG dont be insulting someone who died" shit is silly. Just because you liked his tv show because you have a little hipster in you doesnt mean you KNOW the fucker. You didnt buy him a beer, you werent giving him someone's bowling turn, dude. Just because someone is dead doesn't mean they are above reproach or anyones thoughts on the matter. Free country.

Shame he didnt get help. Many of you seem to enjoy his work, and im sure he had family and friends who are deeply hurt by the situation. For you, and for them, there is reason for sympathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back