In other tragic news

Cory Monteith from the cast of Glee is dead at age 31. I don't care if your a fan of Glee or not, I'm certainly not, but I've never heard a bad word about this guy and he and his family and friends deserve some condolences at the least.

Also,

Kyle Massey, Corey from That's so Raven/Corey in the House, has cancer. It has not been revealed what kind but cancer is cancer and my prayers go out to him as well.

Monteith was a pretty cool guy, he's however had a severe drug problem since the age of 13 and apparently that is what lead to an overdose and then his death. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and fiancee, really shocking to learn.

Also sucks to hear about Kyle, he was never a really great actor to me or anything but I enjoyed that show as a kid and cancer is horrible. Best Wishes, today was just not a good day for some people.

Damn, this is shitty news to wake up to. Glee wasn't a favourite show of mine or anything, but that is still horrible news.

I've never sen the show before, but it always saddens me when someone dies so young. Truthfully, I'll have forgotten about it by tomorrow, because that's just the way of our world.

Well, scratch the forgetting part. Never happens. Because on here, some....perfect human being..... with no understanding of addiction will just *yawn* and say he had no self-control.

I've seen people fight it, personally, fight it hard and lose. Its sad every time.
Monteith was a pretty cool guy, he's however had a severe drug problem since the age of 13 and apparently that is what lead to an overdose and then his death. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and fiancee, really shocking to learn.

He had just completed a voluntary months stay in rehab in April, my wife tells me.

As this was my sister's and mother's favorite show I'm sure they ought to be devastated by this. From what I saw he always seemed like a good guy with a positive smile. Never want this to happen to anyone. R.I.P

I LOVE Glee and Cory Monteith is awesome in it. That being said, I'm one of those 'they had no self-control' people LSN was talking about, in that if you choose to take drugs, you're making that choice. Unsure as to whether his death was an accidental OD or suicide, either way, I'm sad he's dead, but my sympathies are moreso for those left behind. Especially Lea Michele, who I adore, and he was rumored to marry in a couple of weeks.

R.I.P. I don't watch Glee, but it's always sad when someone dies. It's a little late for wagging a finger at him for being a junkie to do any good.

Never watched That's So Raven either, but I'm rooting for Kyle Massey.

Kyle Massey thing turned out to be a hoax.

Its sad that Cory was an absolute dumbass. I'm not glad a person died, but at least a lowlife like him isn't out on the streets anymore. Drugs are a person's choice, and I feel no sympathy towards anyone who dies from them.

Its sad that Cory was an absolute dumbass. I'm not glad a person died, but at least a lowlife like him isn't out on the streets anymore. Drugs are a person's choice, and I feel no sympathy towards anyone who dies from them.

Yes if it was only as easy as flipping a switch when you've addled with it since age 13.

You're not glad a person died, but followed that with calling him a lowlife and saying glad he's not in the streets anymore. Yeah that's kind of rude dude.

Whilst I think your opinion can be justified if you tried to make it justified, I feel like you're morally shallow in the fact that whilst he made a mistake he decided to check into VOLUNTARY REHAB. He tried fixing his problem and failed. I think that deserves sympathy. There's a lot of assholes who do drugs and don't see why it's a problem and end up doing stupid things because of if. Cory tried fixing it and just couldn't get it to work fast enough. That sir deserves sympathy.

13 - Sure, you dont really have the capability of long term thinking or maturity.

31 - Grow the fuck up.

I only call him a lowlife for the danger he presented to others. He probably drove countless times in an unacceptable state. Remember Nick Aidenthart. Everyone called the guy that killed him a lowlife but since Cory didnt do that (although still probably drove just as unsafe many times as that guy) he is the greatest guy ever and its just too bad his own dumbass decision caught up with him.

So your basing calling him a lowlife on that he probably drove countless times in an unacceptable state...riiiiiight.

Ye I see the lowlife.

13 - Sure, you dont really have the capability of long term thinking or maturity.

31 - Grow the fuck up.

I only call him a lowlife for the danger he presented to others. He probably drove countless times in an unacceptable state. Remember Nick Aidenthart. Everyone called the guy that killed him a lowlife but since Cory didnt do that (although still probably drove just as unsafe many times as that guy) he is the greatest guy ever and its just too bad his own dumbass decision caught up with him.

It started at thirteen for him but wasn't addressed or attempted to be dealt with until he started Glee. Let's see how easy you kick at 14 year addiction that was constant and uncontrolled.

therockiswwf is not the first individual in this thread to express a lack of sympathy toward Cory Monteith, no need to give him grief. They're entitled to their opinion. It's ignorant, it's presumptuous, and it's breaking the Golden Rule, but it's their opinion.

1) I wish I had the speculative skills as you.... One guy who did was bad so everyone who does it probably is. Great logic.

Personal story for you sir. My uncle had a history of drug abuse. He was the nicest guy I knew wonderful person. He made 300,000 dollars a year working as a head of a construction firm. Always gave great gifts, personal cards gave a ton to charity. Nobody in their right mind would call him a low life. He died a year ago, overdose. It was announced to the public it was drugs.

How many people called him a low life?

0...point of the story, you bashing someone based on only one other person is stupid.

therockiswwf is not the first individual in this thread to express a lack of sympathy toward Cory Monteith, no need to give him grief. They're entitled to their opinion. It's ignorant, it's presumptuous, and it's breaking the Golden Rule, but it's their opinion.

He's getting grief from me today. Had a terrible day, pissed of mood and quite frankly his argument is horrendous. The one guy did it so all of them are low lives. I don't care if you don't show grief but you don't throw out insults.

I've berated Norcal when he did something similar, the exact premise I can't recall. So really it's not the fact that he is on the bottom rung of WZF and saying this that irks me; its that he thinks calling someone a lowlife because he couldn't "grow up" and kick his long term addiction is justified.

He's getting grief from me today. Had a terrible day, pissed of mood and quite frankly his argument is horrendous. The one guy did it so all of them are low lives. I don't care if you don't show grief but you don't throw out insults.

I've berated Norcal when he did something similar, the exact premise I can't recall. So really it's not the fact that he is on the bottom rung of WZF and saying this that irks me; its that he thinks calling someone a lowlife because he couldn't "grow up" and kick his long term addiction is justified.

Fair enough. Carry on.

I have seen people use drugs firsthand too. My brother did it for a period of 5 years. I love my brother but I still find it despicable (I'm proud that he is clean now, but he had no sympathy from me) . My grandpa and great grandpa both died of drug use. Im under the belief of using drug is a choice. He made that choice. Someone dying of cancer deserves sympathy. I don't believe drug user are only harming themselves. They have the potential to harm others which is why I have no sympathy for them. Again I am not happy a human being died. I am however glad a Potential danger is gone.

I did it, did drugs. Was glad people didn't call me a lowlife or I'd have punched them in the face or fucked them up with a metal rod.

My friends and girlfriend supported me and didn't judge me, and I got out of it.

He started at FUCKING 13! There's a major difference. Starting that early is just bad, and very hard to get over. But he still tried didn't he? Calling him a lowlife just makes you look like an idiot. Grasp that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back