Impact Wrestling Needs YOU!

Their TV ratings are by no stretch awful. One of the top programs on their network.

Didn't say they were. Think of it this way, somewhere between 4-5 million people watch WWE programming every week and their PPVs generally sell between like 100,000-250,000. TNA garners about 1/3 of the WWE audience, so I can safely assume that they would sell 1/3 of the PPVs WWE does.

Just kind of thinking out loud.

So should they be producing more buys per average weekly Impact viewer than the WWE does per average weekly Raw viewer? Is that even a realistic thing to expect? Really, why is the number of PPVs they're selling a problem?

Agreed. Samoa Joe isn't a flip machine. Alex Shelley's specialty is the mat wrestling. It's entirely reasonable to expect former champion Douglas Williams on this show. There's a lot there.

What is the relevance of the PPVs WWE sells here?

Surely you can see how 2 wrestling companies could be compared in such a manner, no?

Also, how anyone looks at this card and sees only flippies is beyond me.

AJ vs Daniels, Kaz vs Joe, RVD vs Lynn... High impact offense no sell high impact offense no sell pin. I can watch these kind of matches all day on youtube, I'm not paying for it.

Surely you can see how 2 wrestling companies could be compared in such a manner, no?
TNA's business is TNA's business. WWE has nothing to do with it. Don't be a fucking bell-end.

AJ vs Daniels, Kaz vs Joe, RVD vs Lynn... High impact offense no sell high impact offense no sell pin. I can watch these kind of matches all day on youtube, I'm not paying for it.
I'm sure the experience would be enhanced by the requisite amount of WWE main event style laying around like a starfish after a big sequence. But I'll do my damnedest to live without that.

TNA's business is TNA's business. WWE has nothing to do with it. Don't be a fucking bell-end.

I wasn't trying to compare the content or say that WWE is better, just that their customers are in large, the same people. What the fuck else would I compare it to? UFC?

I'm sure the experience would be enhanced by the requisite amount of WWE main event style laying around like a starfish after a big sequence. But I'll do my damnedest to live without that.

Sorry, I like story telling and Psychology in my wrestling, not 3 hour spotfests. To each his own.

I wasn't trying to compare the content or say that WWE is better, just that their customers are in large, the same people. What the fuck else would I compare it to? UFC?
Why does everyone's success need to be measured relative to that of someone else? Does American Idol's rousing success make Survivor or Amazing Race's ratings "awful"? Why can't everyone be successful to varying degrees. Because that's what I see when I look at WWE and TNA.

Sorry, I like story telling and Psychology in my wrestling, not 3 hour spotfests. To each his own.
Because AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Daniels, and Samoa Joe definitely don't understand this concept. :rolleyes:

Why does everyone's success need to be measured relative to that of someone else? Does American Idol's rousing success make Survivor or Amazing Race's ratings "awful"? Why can't everyone be successful to varying degrees. Because that's what I see when I look at WWE and TNA.

I've already stated that I am not talking about their TV ratings. I'm talking about PPV buys, which cannot be good. If the report about Sacrifice only selling 7,000 is true, at $29.95 a pop, that has them grossing $209,650. That is not good.
Because AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Daniels, and Samoa Joe definitely don't understand this concept. :rolleyes:

AJ is the only one in that group that has had a good to great match since 2009. AJ vs Daniels for the 154657th time is not worth 30 bucks.

I've already stated that I am not talking about their TV ratings. I'm talking about PPV buys, which cannot be good. If the report about Sacrifice only selling 7,000 is true, at $29.95 a pop, that has them grossing $209,650. That is not good.
PPV isn't the only aspect of their business, you can't speak to any of their expenses, you have no idea what that (rumored) sum is to them. You know absolutely fuck all.

AJ is the only one in that group that has had a good to great match since 2009.
Well, can't possibly argue with that. Your opinion of wrestling matches is the end all.

Shut it down, everybody! Nothing to see here! Nate doesn't think Daniels or Rob Van Dam have had a good match since 2009, so there's no reason to buy this show!

PPV isn't the only aspect of their business, you can't speak to any of their expenses, you have no idea what that (rumored) sum is to them. You know absolutely fuck all.

Are you actually reading what I say here? I don't know that their buyrates are bad, but common sense tells me that it's likely. The company as a whole is probably okay, but I highly doubt that they're thriving.

Well, can't possibly argue with that. Your opinion of wrestling matches is the end all.

Shut it down, everybody! Nothing to see here! Nate doesn't think Daniels or Rob Van Dam have had a good match since 2009, so there's no reason to buy this show!

I missed Daniels name in there somehow. He is fun to watch, but I haven't seen RVD in a good match or at least a match worth paying for since coming to TNA. Also, I've never insinuated even slightly that my opinion is fact.

Dude, if you guys are into this and this is the kind of direction you want to see this company go in, then by all means buy this. I am not in favor of them going this route, so they will not be making money from me that I do not feel that they have earned.

Are you actually reading what I say here? I don't know that their buyrates are bad, but common sense tells me that it's likely. The company as a whole is probably okay, but I highly doubt that they're thriving.
And all of that is speculative nonsense that I wouldn't wipe my glorious pink asshole with.

I missed Daniels name in there somehow. He is fun to watch, but I haven't seen RVD in a good match or at least a match worth paying for since coming to TNA.
Must have missed the matches with Abyss. In my book, those were tip top.

Also, I've never insinuated even slightly that my opinion is fact.
You said good or great. Next time, go with something like "a match I enjoyed enough to go out of my way to watch."

Dude, if you guys are into this and this is the kind of direction you want to see this company go in, then by all means buy this. I am not in favor of them going this route, so they will not be making money from me that I do not feel that they have earned.
But you wouldn't pay even if you felt they earned it. So what does your opinion matter?

And all of that is speculative nonsense that I wouldn't wipe my glorious pink asshole with.

Well okay then.

Must have missed the matches with Abyss. In my book, those were tip top.

Wasn't a big fan of those, though they would be more than acceptable as an undercard match if the main event had any kind of promise.

You said good or great. Next time, go with something like "a match I enjoyed enough to go out of my way to watch."

Nothing can be factually good or great. Saying those words usually implies an opinion.

But you wouldn't pay even if you felt they earned it. So what does your opinion matter?

The fuck are you talking about? I've bought TNA PPV's before. Hell, they're cheaper than the WWE's PPVs which I also rarely buy, so the likelihood of me buying one of theirs is much higher if they could just provide me with something worth watching. I have only paid for one PPV this year and it was the only one I thought was worth my money.

Nothing can be factually good or great. Saying those words usually implies an opinion.
And yet 90% of people here don't use them in that manner.

The fuck are you talking about? I've bought TNA PPV's before. Hell, they're cheaper than the WWE's PPVs which I also rarely buy, so the likelihood of me buying one of theirs is much higher if they could just provide me with something worth watching. I have only paid for one PPV this year and it was the only one I thought was worth my money.
I was responding the the tone of the first post in this thread, where you said you wouldn't even be buying the July PPV you found preferable. My mistake.

See, I can admit my mistakes. Shame you can't do the same about your clear ignorance regarding TNA's business.

And yet 90% of people here don't use them in that manner.

I never claim that something could be great without question. No matter how large the consensus may be.

I was responding the the tone of the first post in this thread, where you said you wouldn't even be buying the July PPV you found preferable. My mistake.

It takes a lot for me to buy a WWE PPV. They have not earned my money yet and I doubt that they will, but if Punk wins and has to defend at Summerslam, I'll probably buy it. If the build for a TNA PPV had intrigued me as much as MITB has I probably would buy it though, just because it's like 15 bucks cheaper. I even hold them at a lower standard and they still cannot convince me to buy their shit.

See, I can admit my mistakes. Shame you can't do the same about your clear ignorance regarding TNA's business.

How is speculating by comparison a mistake? If I am proven wrong I will gladly admit to it, but until then I will assume that I have a point.

I never have a problem admitting when I'm wrong, no idea where that is coming from.

Why speculate at all? Why assume? You know what happens when you assume in front of people who enjoy grating word play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back