Impact Returning to Four-Sided Ring (Again)

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
DTM6vxOWAAAA5Dx.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/951168547790651392

The first step of the new Callis/D'Amore regime.

While it probably won't turn heads, it's a step in the right direction IMO. Yeah, I know the six-sided one "gave them an identity", but it wasn't one making enough of a difference.

Just read this too. I don't mind the change, it was inside the ring that made the once TNA stand out. Hopefully better storylines and compelling tv are on the list of things to be checked off. I hope the shows are full of action and they work on their overall pacing of the product. Good change, but is it enough of a change and will the few fans left care about it like they did pre/post Hogan era?

Good call. My biggest issue with the six sided ring was that 1) The way TNA used it felt gimmicky. Like they used the ring just to be different. 2) A lot of the talent didn't like it. I read multiple interviews from current and past roster members that unless you trained and wrestled your early career in Mexico, where the six sided ring is considered the traditional ring, that is caused timing issues switching to the six sided ring and often led to unnecessary smaller injuries like bad bumps and bruises. Stuff you could work through, but it was a pain in the ass to do so. I feel like given how many guys spoke so negatively about it, that it was only a matter of time before a serious injury happened because of it.

Yeah it gave them an identity. The identity of "trying to be cool but actually isn't" one. The art of wrestling requires a four-sided ring.

Why not keep the 6-sided ring for special matches though? I think it's great for the multiple variations of hardcore matches (Cage, FCA, LMS). It's a more "chaotic" ring.
And it definately fits multi person matches.

However, if you wanna really attract viewers, you gotta first lure them with what they know and can relate to. That's a 4-sided ring.

Once TNA brought back the traditional ring they should've never brought the six sided ring back in 2014.

Even though those ring skirts are fucking hideous, this is a HUGE step back in the right direction.

The 6 side ring has always driven me crazy. It's important that they find their own identity, but not in a way that makes them feel alien to the casual wrestling fan.

I'm hopeful this means Impact starts touring again. With this setup, I'm sure it's a lot easier to assemble the ring and could potentially save a lot of money if they travel. The only TNA house show I have ever been to blew WWE's house shows out of the water in terms of interaction with the top stars.

I haven't watched too much lately but the best part about this transition? Those horrible neon green ropes are gone.

I'm hopeful this means Impact starts touring again. With this setup, I'm sure it's a lot easier to assemble the ring and could potentially save a lot of money if they travel. The only TNA house show I have ever been to blew WWE's house shows out of the water in terms of interaction with the top stars.

I haven't watched too much lately but the best part about this transition? Those horrible neon green ropes are gone.

I hate to burst your bubble, but literally the first thing that Impact/Anthem did this year was fire the guy who was in charge of ring transportation.

That isn't to say that they can't hire someone new or promote someone to the position, but it doesn't appear to be a priority.

The more things change the more they stay the same with TNA. They went back to a normal ring, so what! The fact is they are still booking the show the same way they always did and by reading the spoilers from this week's tapings it really doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

Well praise the Lord that a regular ring is back in Impact. And in six months they'll bring back the hexagon. At this point it doesn't matter what they do, the bleeding continues. You get some new talent in the fold, lose mainstays, and the beat goes on.

They could put a mat on the floor in a conference room like Gatoh Move does and it will not make a difference if they do not have the talent to get people to watch. The normal ring is nice. But, good bodies in it will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back