• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Impact Pro Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
banner_top.jpg

I want to know who watches this, this would be pretty hard for quite a lot of you but this is directed to the New Zealand members of the forum. I mainly created this thread based on the fact that a new belt has been designed and presented to Jon E. King the champ at the moment. You may recognise the handiwork of the Beltmaker.

nzipw.jpg

nzipw4.jpg

nzipw5.jpg

the bringing out of this belt and the bringing back of Ignition onto Alt TV, Thursday at midnight. I like this promotion beecause of its role as New Zealand's top promotion as well as being able to watch it. There are members of IPW that I feel could make it over in the US in Jon E. King, Vinnie Dunn and Alexander. both of whom are good. King gets the response that he wants in getting heat from the crowd, and Alexander has talent.

Here is a music Video that has quite a few of the Wrestlers.

[youtube]4tdnz072GV4[/youtube]

While the crowd size is small the ring work and responses are good.
Here is a little video that I found about the Two guys that created Impact Pro Wrestling an interesting thing to watch if you follow it even though the guy known as the Economist no longer Wrestles there.

[youtube]ANCEpYU3tdk[/youtube]

Here is a championship match that was held a while ago with The One Vinny Dunn and Davey Deluxeo. The Commentating sound sucks, but they weren't completely up to scratch on the production value at this stage, they have improved since then. there are 11 parts for some strange reason, the breaks are all really small.

Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.01
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.02
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.03
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.04
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.05
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.06
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.07
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.08
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.09
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.10
Vinny Dunn Vs. Davey Deluxeo pt.11

The quality of the production has increased dramatically since this match was done, though still not as good as say Ring of Honor in terms of Production value. The match quality is good again not as good as Ring of Honor or WWE or TNA. But it is a solid promotion that does good work.

[youtube]T4ph0BkiVJM[/youtube]​

So do people still pay more attention to the WWE/TNA, or is IPW growing pretty steady? With a belt like that it looks like it's pretty serous. Do they tour around? Obviously, I know zilch about NZ, but if it's small I'd think they'd go around a bit.

The match was pretty good, not the best, but not the worst. Didn't know the backstory going into it so it kind of reminded me of watching ROH for the first couple times before I got it. Some good athletes there as well. They worked hard for such a low crowd. I really respect people that can perform when they aren't getting huge glory and pops, just performing for a hundred people or so. Davey Dulexeo reminded me slightly of Chris Sabin, Dunn did well also, though he was more in tune with the crowd than Davey was, in my opinion. Of couse, I'm without sound at the moment, Im just going by what I saw in the match.

I'd have to see more before I made a final opinion on the promotion, but it looks promising for something so small.

They tour around Auckland for the most part. They do occasional shows elsewhere in New Zealand. But There aren't that many matches put on Youtube from this. Once I get round to getting some of the DVDs Ill be getting the equipment and posting up video's on Youtube as It would help get them International exposure. As to your first question, WWE is the be all and end all of Professional Wrestling to the majority of New Zealand fans, that don't know about TNA (we only get the TNA PPVs(as actual PPVs)) the majority of Wrestling fans have never even heard of Ring of Honor. But it was about time that they got a real title as the old one was a piece of metal with Vivid on it.

IPW website

Some of the best heat I have seen recently has been garnered by Vinny Dunn as well as the current champ Jon E. King. So they get what they want out of the crowd. Unlike some US champions.

I'll watch those matches when I've got a bit of time. I dont mind watching wrestling that doesn't have ''stars'' so I'll give it a whirl. People need to go and see promotions like this. You see alll sorts of wrestlers at smaller shows. Some are awful and some go on to better things. I saw one of Paul Birchills first matches, nobody cared about him. Which is good because when he finally get's his WWE call up again nobody will care again. He'll be well prepared.

im from new zealand. iv watched Ipw a couple of times. its not too bad. They just need to get more sponsorship into it, to improve the camera angles,Audio etc. I dont think any of the wrestlers could make it in wwe/tna that ipw has. There mic skills aint the best, also you notice the size of some of the guys e.g The Ant lol. The matchs are always of a good length.Shadowmance are they entitled to NZ on Air?

I think that they should be but then again it would be similar to New Zealand metal, completely ignored by the powers that be beecause it isn't "Mainstream". That is the thing though Mic Skills can be improved and even then they get really good reactions from the crowd despite the lesser mic skills. I am however certain that they could make it if they work on the key feature of Mic work. The Camera Angles have improved somewhat recently as far as I can tell. The Audio is getting better but then again ECW in 2000 at a PPV also had a fairly Shitty quality sound. You are Right that IPW needs to get more sponsership but then again it falls into the level of obscurity, so it won't get as much sponsorship as they would like. And on another point it is good to see another Kiwi starting to post on here.

yeah gotta agree with you on the metal thing. old school 8 Foot Sativa, Sinate and Dawn of Azazel stands up most metal iv listened too from europe and worldwide.
Yeah man its pretty good knowing another of the kind is here haha.
Shame we dont have TNA man, i watch most there pay per views and rate them better than most WWE 1s.
But yeah IPW i like the young cuban guy (Hes Cuban right?) Reckon hes got the guns to fire. I dont watch it weekly, but tryed to watch it on monday night sports on alt, only shows a match or 2. which is disapointing. Funny listening to the stick the crowd dishs out to the wrestlers. how much they get paid you reckon?

It wouldn't be much for pay, they do work other jobs as well. Go onto the website and find out which one as It is hard for me to work out which one you are meaning. But it is on TV as well Thursdays at Midnight an hour long show. So around 3 matches will be what it is and the match order will be better than what Monday Night Sports on Alt had which was Main Event first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back