I'm watchin "SDs greatest moments"

Raven

Nevermore..
and number 97 or so was Undertaker versus Randy Orton. Seeing this match remined me. I miss "The Legend Killer" that was easily one of WWE's greatest gimmicks. Orton was cocky,full of swagger,arrogant and could back it up to. He had his old theme "Burn in my light" it was great. he "took out" people such as HBK,taker, mick foley, ric flair, dusty rhodes an a few others.

My question to you all is do you guys miss "The legend killer"? not just orton but the gimmick. and could someone else play that role? someone liek jack swagger?

While I do miss the Legend Killer gimmick, I don't want it back. I Love the Viper gimmick just as much. As he showed tonight on Raw he still has that same ruthless attitude and pulls it off great as a face. So many times you see a star have a heel to face turn or vice versa and they just fall flat. Orton has continues to keep it exciting and is progressing very well in his career. And while there could be someone who could pull off a legend killer gimmick I dont want to see it. In a day when WWE is so heavily criticized for doing this or that wrong this is one thing they are doing right.

The reason, in my opinion, that the Legend Killer gimmick worked quite so well was the timing in Randy Orton's career. He was still a fairly new and fresh commodity, and as he was still young and hungry to make a name for himself, the Legend Killer bit made sense. He wanted a quick rise to the top and that was what was going to do it.

At this point, however, he's an established character and one of the top main eventers. He's made it to the top and no longer needs to "prove himself". Now he's the legend and a big target for other young hungry stars to go after. So, at this time, I don't think the Legend Killer gimmick would really work for him. I think that the more all-inclusive Viper gimmick works better for him and meshes well with his own personality and style of ring performance.

The reason, in my opinion, that the Legend Killer gimmick worked quite so well was the timing in Randy Orton's career. He was still a fairly new and fresh commodity, and as he was still young and hungry to make a name for himself, the Legend Killer bit made sense. He wanted a quick rise to the top and that was what was going to do it.

At this point, however, he's an established character and one of the top main eventers. He's made it to the top and no longer needs to "prove himself". Now he's the legend and a big target for other young hungry stars to go after. So, at this time, I don't think the Legend Killer gimmick would really work for him. I think that the more all-inclusive Viper gimmick works better for him and meshes well with his own personality and style of ring performance.

Exactly what I thought. Thats why I think someone like Evan Bourne or jack swagger, or even just a guy from FCW could do a promo stating that back in the day the oldies(legends) stayed in line because of orton, that they dared not say or do the wrong thing etc. say ever since orton has stepped down that legends are stepping back up (Rock,King,etc.) say that He is the new legend killer, go to shake randys hand and RKo randy, voula the new Legend killer. Randy ios legend numero uno

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back