I'm Loving This Feud!

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
By this feud, I mean the feud between Global Champion Eli Drake and Johnny Mundo. Now I may be biased here because both of them are two of my favorites in this promotion. But still Let's recall what happened.

Last Week
- Johnny Mundo defeats Low Ki in a hard fought No. 1 contender match.
- Eli Drake comes out on the ramp and distracts Johnny Mundo.
- Chris Adonis, Drake's lackey, lays out Mundo while the latter was distracted.
- Eli Drake takes his time and easily lays out Mundo.

This Week
- Johnny Mundo is angry, as he should be, with Eli Drake for the actions last week.
- He opens the show and dares Eli Drake to fight him for the title on that day itself.
- Instead of Eli, KM comes out and Johnny Mundo puts up his No. 1 contendership against KM.
- Mundo easily defeats KM.
- Mundo keeps looking out for Eli Drake backstage although Eli Drake seems to be in Mexico.
- Mundo puts up his No. 1 contendership again against the Texano, thus pulling off a double duty.
- Mundo defeats him to retain his No. 1 contendership.
- On other hand, Drake is in Mexico, pretending as if he's there to find Mundo.
- Drake easily retains the Global Championship in Mexico.

Next Week
- Victory Road. Johnny Mundo faces Eli Drake for the title.

Simple yet feels so effective. Makes you root for the face in Mundo who doesn't back away from fighting fair and square after getting wronged by Drake via a heel tactic. Makes you root against Drake for running away from his challenger for his own safety. Also, makes you commend Mundo for proving his credentials and thus the No. 1 contendership twice in a single night. Also, Drake defending in Mexico keeps him away from any physical altercation with Mundo which was inevitable if he was present. I'm rooting for Mundo to defeat Drake now.

So what more should I expect. I guess nothing. This is what the feud intended to convey. To make me root for the face against the heel. So, I really love this feud. It has been ideally good for me.

How about you?

P.S: I'm loving that the crowd is chanting for Johnny. I may be wrong but the chants are rare in IMPACT Zone these days.

It sounds like a good feud as I do like both guys. I see Johnny winning at Bound for Glory not Victory Road. These two have a simple feud which sadly is not the main focus of the show which it should be. After Bound for Glory, GFW might go back to Impact Wrestling so hopefully they have a new title and Impact trashes the GFW belt ending the name and feud with Drake all together.

It sounds like a good feud as I do like both guys. I see Johnny winning at Bound for Glory not Victory Road. These two have a simple feud which sadly is not the main focus of the show which it should be. After Bound for Glory, GFW might go back to Impact Wrestling so hopefully they have a new title and Impact trashes the GFW belt ending the name and feud with Drake all together.
Oops, I just realised that I used Mundo for Johnny in the full post.

I agree that Johnny shouldn't win at Victory Road. It would be too soon. Bound For Glory would be the perfect place for the crowning of Johnny.

Yeah, the focus hasn't been on Global Champion Eli Drake. Instead on MMA Stuff related to Bobby Lashley. Even when Drake won the title, the programming ended with Lashley in focus so it's really bad for a lame feud to overshadow your Top Champion.

It's been very basic but also very good. Both guys have been oozing charisma and this last week really sold the title match big. Between Mundo being extremely confident and backing it up to Eli's awesome promo from Mexico.

It's been the highlight of a lost show.

One of the things this set of tapings has failed to capture is the power of the individual feud. Though I don't think I'd ever describe Mundo as "oozing charisma", he's done a great job thus far. Drake, though, is the cream of the crop. I love seeing him with the Title. He's crushing it.

I find it a little difficult to call it a 'feud.' It is really just the build towards a match.

It's been okay so far but I am not entirely sure about putting Mundo and Drake against each other so soon - either your new champion or new top babyface has to lose, or you are relying on Creative having the subtly to have either lose and not lose steam (something I have very little trust in for TNA or WWE, except nXt) or some kind of hopefully non-groan inducing Dusty finish.

I would have been tempted to keep Mundo out of the title picture for a while at least. Have him take out LAX and then have to deal with the inevitable heel turn of Alberto.

Drake could have had a couple of matches with Eddie Edwards and something short term with Sydal.

Looks like we'll get Johnny Mundo Vs. Eli Drake for the title at Bound For Glory. There's no way Garza Jr. gets a title match outta nowhere. At least, I don't think so.

Mundo seems the perfect option to dethrone Eli Drake. Lashley and Moose are engaged in themselves. ECIII is Grand Champion and we all know how it went with Alberto the first time. Mundo should win the title at Bound For Glory.

Drake vs Mundo at BFG right away is a huge mistake. I like Mundo but I feel like there has not been a strong enough connection with the fans to make him be the wall to defeat Drake. They should have brought Mundo in, let him win a few feuds in midcard for the rest of the year then you make him a top guy next year.

Impact Wrestling should have brought back Patron from his suspension and make him face Drake at BFG to make it a bigger challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back