I'm already sick of Becky Lynch.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I'm getting tired of Becky Lynch, and her being forced down our throats at the moment.

It is funny how when Cena or Reigns are featured strong, people here get sick of how much they are on TV, but when one of their faves, like Becky, is shoved down everyone's throats, they don't have a problem with it. That is called hypocrisy.

I am sick of Becky's Irish accent. I am sick of her being called "The Man" when she is obviously not a man. I am sick of her using kindergarten infantile insults like "Little Weirdo". I'm sick of her fake red hair.

But mostly, I am tired of how she is all over RAW and SD. On RAW, she had a match with Ruby Riott, then after a backstage promo, she is still shown in the ring, and then Nattie comes out, and then Lacey Evans comes out. Does every woman's segment have to have her in it somewhere?

She is being built like a female "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. But the thing is, despite my criticisms of him in the past, Austin was better in the ring and on the mike, and his feud with Mr McMahon was entertaining, whereas Becky's with Charlotte hasn't been (although I did like their "Last-Woman-Standing Match" at "Evolution").

Look, Becky winning both belts made sense, since Ronda is leaving and broke her hand, and I don't want the belts on Charlotte again. I just wish that Becky wasn't featured in every Women's segment lately. They need to dial her down a bit.

I here what your saying and get it but let's face it this is a marketing issue and not a Becky issue. When Vince finds his new "cash cow" he doesn't quite understand that sometimes less is more. The whole storyline has been ruined since the Rumble in my opinion. They took an opportunity for greatness and ruined because they felt they had to have Charlotte included in the Main Event. What should've happened....

1) Becky doesn't face Asuka at the Rumble, instead you have Asuka retain vs. Carmella or someone and face Charlotte at Mania. Becky enters the Rumble #1 and wins and goes onto challenge Rhonda at Mania.
2) You have Rhonda and Becky face similiar opponents on Raw building up to Mania with Becky winning mostly in comeback fashion and Rhonda dominating. (Becky becomes fan's underdog)
3) You don't use the bogus injury angle you build this like Rocky 4 with Becky the underdog
4) Becky defeats Nia Jax at Fastlane to avenge the broken nose before Mania to
5) Mania main event - You have Rhonda dominate and in the end Becky catches her by surprise and makes her tap to the armbar. And wins just the Raw Women's Title
6) Next night on Raw in her first title defense she defeats Ruby Riot or someone and after the win Steve Austin's music hits. He comes out tells Becky how proud he is of all her ass kicking, tells her she is "The Man" now, and they share a beer with Becky's music closing out Raw.

But instead you botch the story, make it confusing, and now she's a double world champion??? Rhonda disappears, Charlotte disappears, and then Becky now faces this problem of being overexposed due to this. Gotta wonder if it was one of Vince's favorites like Charlotte or Rhonda if this whole thing would've been taken care of much better???

The problem with becky i feel is that she lost her edge when they turn her babyface and reverted back to the old becky lynch. Earring her speech last week made remembered why she was considered a mid card talent at the same time last year. The whole becky two belt thing that she started last week and they are pushing hard since it the most awful thing she ever came up with.

What made becky a major star to the fans eyes was her no nonsense attitude which was quite a departure from the comedic attitude she had before. But ever since they staartec this mania main event push, for some reason she lost more and more of the edge and the transformation back to the old becky is finish and sadly it's getting old fast.

Man you had me until the end. The Last Woman Standing match was possibly the worst match of the year. Lot's of good ideas in it but not a single one was executed. The referee had to stop counting while they were still down at least 5 times. Then, if you watch it back, Charlotte makes it back to her feet at 9 on the finish. Watch it. It was a disaster, and I don't know why they weren't held accountable for it.

I here what your saying and get it but let's face it this is a marketing issue and not a Becky issue. When Vince finds his new "cash cow" he doesn't quite understand that sometimes less is more. The whole storyline has been ruined since the Rumble in my opinion. They took an opportunity for greatness and ruined because they felt they had to have Charlotte included in the Main Event. What should've happened....

1) Becky doesn't face Asuka at the Rumble, instead you have Asuka retain vs. Carmella or someone and face Charlotte at Mania. Becky enters the Rumble #1 and wins and goes onto challenge Rhonda at Mania.
2) You have Rhonda and Becky face similiar opponents on Raw building up to Mania with Becky winning mostly in comeback fashion and Rhonda dominating. (Becky becomes fan's underdog)
3) You don't use the bogus injury angle you build this like Rocky 4 with Becky the underdog
5) Mania main event - You have Rhonda dominate and in the end Becky catches her by surprise and makes her tap to the armbar. And wins just the Raw Women's Title
6) Next night on Raw in her first title defense she defeats Ruby Riot or someone and after the win Steve Austin's music hits. He comes out tells Becky how proud he is of all her ass kicking, tells her she is "The Man" now, and they share a beer with Becky's music closing out Raw.

But instead you botch the story, make it confusing, and now she's a double world champion??? Rhonda disappears, Charlotte disappears, and then Becky now faces this problem of being overexposed due to this. Gotta wonder if it was one of Vince's favorites like Charlotte or Rhonda if this whole thing would've been taken care of much better???
This is exactly right. WWE has a habit of fixing things that aren't broken. It's almost as if they try to make it look like they're listening to the fans by pushing certain wrestlers but are somehow sabotaging them on purpose. I'm not sure if that's the case or if they are just that bad at getting what works. Becky got over because of her bad ass attitude, why turn her back to what she was doing before that basically ?

I'm getting tired of Becky Lynch, and her being forced down our throats at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that. I am not sick of her and therefore do not experience the same feelings when she is on screen.

It is funny how when Cena or Reigns are featured strong, people here get sick of how much they are on TV,

Why is it funny? It makes total sense. Just like you don't enjoy Becky and what she is doing, others didn't enjoy Cena/Roman and what they were doing.

but when one of their faves, like Becky, is shoved down everyone's throats, they don't have a problem with it. That is called hypocrisy.

No, that is called normal. People generally want more of what they enjoy and less of what they do not enjoy.

You seem to have no idea what it means to be non-masochistic human being.

I am sick of Becky's Irish accent. I am sick of her being called "The Man" when she is obviously not a man. I am sick of her using kindergarten infantile insults like "Little Weirdo". I'm sick of her fake red hair.

That's fine I guess.

But mostly, I am tired of how she is all over RAW and SD. On RAW, she had a match with Ruby Riott, then after a backstage promo, she is still shown in the ring, and then Nattie comes out, and then Lacey Evans comes out. Does every woman's segment have to have her in it somewhere?

Did I miss something? Did she ref the women's tag match?

We get it, you don't like her.

She is being built like a female "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. But the thing is, despite my criticisms of him in the past, Austin was better in the ring and on the mike,

You're comparing Becky to one of the greatest entertainers in wrestling history. I don't think being not as good as him at things is too big of an insult.

Plus it is mic, short for microphone. Mike is a dude.

and his feud with Mr McMahon was entertaining, whereas Becky's with Charlotte hasn't been (although I did like their "Last-Woman-Standing Match" at "Evolution").

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy their feud but again you are comparing against one of the biggest feuds in WWE history that took place 20 years ago. Is this something or someone else that you would like to see replace Becky and what she is doing. That may be more valid.

Look, Becky winning both belts made sense, since Ronda is leaving and broke her hand, and I don't want the belts on Charlotte again. I just wish that Becky wasn't featured in every Women's segment lately. They need to dial her down a bit.

She is not in every women's segment. Don't lie.

Yes, she has cooled off from last summer. My biggest problem with her is that they have dialed her down a lot. She was terrific at the beginning. Taking shots at Edge and Cena and calling out Charlotte and entitlement. But we don't get that as much anymore. She has moved towards being more of a generic face. Lines like "little weirdo" don't make sense for her character to be thrown at Ronda's character. But I still enjoy her more than most of the roster and understand why she is getting so much exposure. I could see that appreciation waning if they can't write good segments for her. Right now Lacey seems like a good foil and will help Becky.

There's this trick I learned pre-evening gown match back in the days of Wendi Richter and lelani kai. It works best when you're watching and all of a sudden you see a woman coming down to the ring to try and wrestle or entertain in some promo in a serious manner. I just sit up off my sofa, dust off the dorito crumbs and walk myself from my man cave to my royal throne and I drop the nastiest, smelliest #2 I can muster up. And I take my time with it, these days you have to when the women are trying to wrestle and be taken seriously.

It is funny how when Cena or Reigns are featured strong, people here get sick of how much they are on TV, but when one of their faves, like Becky, is shoved down everyone's throats, they don't have a problem with it. That is called hypocrisy.

She is being built like a female "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. But the thing is, despite my criticisms of him in the past, Austin was better in the ring and on the mike, and his feud with Mr McMahon was entertaining, whereas Becky's with Charlotte hasn't been (although I did like their "Last-Woman-Standing Match" at "Evolution").

take some Midol, why don't you....

Poor baby. WAH WAH!!!. Did you poop in your diaper? Yes, you did. Little Becky go bye bye.

I'm sorry to hear that. I am not sick of her and therefore do not experience the same feelings when she is on screen.

Why is it funny? It makes total sense. Just like you don't enjoy Becky and what she is doing, others didn't enjoy Cena/Roman and what they were doing.

No, that is called normal. People generally want more of what they enjoy and less of what they do not enjoy.

That's fine I guess.

You're comparing Becky to one of the greatest entertainers in wrestling history. I don't think being not as good as him at things is too big of an insult.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy their feud but again you are comparing against one of the biggest feuds in WWE history that took place 20 years ago. Is this something or someone else that you would like to see replace Becky and what she is doing. That may be more valid.

Yes, she has cooled off from last summer. My biggest problem with her is that they have dialed her down a lot. She was terrific at the beginning. Taking shots at Edge and Cena and calling out Charlotte and entitlement. But we don't get that as much anymore. She has moved towards being more of a generic face. Lines like "little weirdo" don't make sense for her character to be thrown at Ronda's character. But I still enjoy her more than most of the roster and understand why she is getting so much exposure. I could see that appreciation waning if they can't write good segments for her. Right now Lacey seems like a good foil and will help Becky.

Oh, a typical "George Steele's Barber" refute post towards me. What else is new?

Is it because George "The Animal" Steele is dead and you can't cut his hair anymore, that you have nothing else better to do these days than to post here, offer nothing, but just choose to disagree with any post I put, just because I don't follow the same people the sheep in the crowd

That's fine I guess.

Another read, another bullshit "George Steele's Barber" retort post, which contains nothing other than "I don't agree. NANANANA!"

Is it because George Steele is dead, and you can't cut his hair that you waste time writing retorts saying the opposite to whatever I say, just becaqsue I don't cheer for the same people that the sheep in the WWE Universe go for?

The five posters below my OP all said more or less the same thing, so I am not the only one.

You yourself admit in your final paragraph that she could be used better. I might find her more interesting if they used her more like mid last year, where she was more kick-ass, and if more time was given to other Divas, so that when Becky fights them, we care more about both people in the match, rather than just Becky. It makes for better matches if both people get a bit of build-up first.

Almost agree with you completely on this, except for a few things.

Your alternative storyline for Becky starting at the Rumble is great. I agee, no need for Charlotte to be in the match and make it this combined Women's Title match. That was stupid becasue they made Asuka lose her Title quickly, for no really good reason just so Charlotte could take the Title into WM.

I definitely agree with not needing a bogus injury angle. Keep Becky a face. She never needed to go heel. She could be serious and have an edge and passion, that's what got fans on her side, but she never needed to turn on the fans. Rhonda was the one who should have, early on, gone heel, cut a heel promo on the fans and done dirty stuff after she won matches and stuff to get that extra heat.

The Rhonda vs Becky is an underdog story. The match should be dominated by Rhonda early and Becky just barely surviving. And yes, Becky quickly turns the tide and puts on her arm breaker to win the Title.

I also would NEVER have now, in the past or in the future used the stupid "The Man" name for Becky. It's so stupid, so dumb, I can barely articulate it correctly. If anything she should be "The WOMAN."

The thing with Austin coming out would be fine, he can say she's really proven herself to be "The Woman" and can share a beer with her. All that would be fine.

I think if it was done like that it would be hard to find too many who are already tired of her because she wouldn't have been OVER exposed yet, but exposed enough to be interesting.

I love Becky, I’m not entirely happy with some of the campy promos she’s been doing lately with the childish insults, that’s not what got her over. That’s probably the main thing that needs addressing.
As for the Irish accent: don’t be like that, if the folks in charge still had that attitude it would set wrestling back years. We don’t want to go back to a time where a guy like Drew McIntyre can’t get a proper opportunity because he’s got a thick foreign accent. Wrestling ain’t just about America anymore, deal with it.
As for the overexposure, well yeah in a way I agree but also remember she’s the champion of both friggin shows and just wrestled the main event of Mania. She’s probably going to be on tv a lot for a while as she has to be.

I love Becky, I’m not entirely happy with some of the campy promos she’s been doing lately with the childish insults, that’s not what got her over. That’s probably the main thing that needs addressing.
As for the Irish accent: don’t be like that, if the folks in charge still had that attitude it would set wrestling back years. We don’t want to go back to a time where a guy like Drew McIntyre can’t get a proper opportunity because he’s got a thick foreign accent. Wrestling ain’t just about America anymore, deal with it.
As for the overexposure, well yeah in a way I agree but also remember she’s the champion of both friggin shows and just wrestled the main event of Mania. She’s probably going to be on tv a lot for a while as she has to be.

It probably isn't so much her accent, but how much worse those childish things she says sounds with that accent. It's grating.

But then, I have never considered Becky a world-class promo cutter. She is good, but she could be better.

I think it is the childish insults and pandering to the fans, as well as the silly "Becky Two Belts" nickname.

I know that she will be on TV a lot, since she will be on RAW and SD defending the belts, but I wished that the SD belt hadn't even been on the line, and Asuka had defended it at Wrestlemania instead. I think including the SD belt had more to do with giving a reason for Charlotte to be in the WM match, as well as they couldn't be bothered giving Asuka a match at WM. Both titles may not have been on the line at WM if not for the backlash on Charlotte being added to the match.

It probably isn't so much her accent, but how much worse those childish things she says sounds with that accent. It's grating.

But then, I have never considered Becky a world-class promo cutter. She is good, but she could be better.

I think it is the childish insults and pandering to the fans, as well as the silly "Becky Two Belts" nickname.

I know that she will be on TV a lot, since she will be on RAW and SD defending the belts, but I wished that the SD belt hadn't even been on the line, and Asuka had defended it at Wrestlemania instead. I think including the SD belt had more to do with giving a reason for Charlotte to be in the WM match, as well as they couldn't be bothered giving Asuka a match at WM. Both titles may not have been on the line at WM if not for the backlash on Charlotte being added to the match.

I agree with the last part. I don’t know what was wrong with Becky vs heel Ronda in the main event for the RAW belt and Asuka vs heel Charlotte for the SD belt in mid to late card. Two world class women’s title matches are better than one IMO.

It's perfectly normal that a percentage of the fans turn on a wrestler as soon as that wrestler reaches his/her goal. Always been that way, always will be. And that's fine. The stars need the haters, too. Fandom psychology can be weird at times.

This is exactly right. WWE has a habit of fixing things that aren't broken. It's almost as if they try to make it look like they're listening to the fans by pushing certain wrestlers but are somehow sabotaging them on purpose. I'm not sure if that's the case or if they are just that bad at getting what works. Becky got over because of her bad ass attitude, why turn her back to what she was doing before that basically ?
Because WWE isn't interested in a top face with an edge . The reality she got too popular for her own good when it comes to the machine taking notice. That said I still love her and am not turning on her WWE needs to have someone cashes in during Charlotte match and have her drop one in a way that protects her . Get rid of Becky Two belts and over exposure of two shows .she can go back to being the man with a chip on a shoulder with that loss
I thought the smackdown promo on Tuesday was pretty solid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back