Becky Lynch: Is it time to panic?

mr.wrestling iv

Occasional Pre-Show
Am I wrong in my feeling that Becky should be booked better?

I saw no point in Nattie winning last night. Not saying Becky didn't look good, and I am wary about using the B-word (buried), aside from Sasha and Becky taking care of business against Team Bad... Becky hasn't won a feud. Her booking leading into Mania was horrible. After that? She served as enhancement talent to get Dana Brooke over. A catalyst for Nattie's heel turn, then last night, we saw what happened. She looked like a warrior battling through the vicious sharpshooter. Unless last night served to continue there feud, I haven't seen anything in the recent months to indicate the WWE is truly behind Becky Lynch. Losing to Dana as many times as she did? Plain criminal in my view.

Charlotte. Better booking.
Sasha. Better booking.
Bayley got a great pop last night.

So out of the 4 Horsewoman, Becky hasn't looked at strong as the others, so, am I overacting? Am I making too much out of this? Just concerned if WWE continues to book Becky in this manner, fans will no longer care.

Perhaps the point of losing last night was so that Becky and Nattie could continue their program to SummerSlam. Not every talent is going to shine as brightly or shine as brightly at the same time as others, that's just how the business is. The brands are split now, which means that SmackDown has its own women to do something with just as Raw does; as a result, Becky & Natalya are involved in a feud that has nothing to do with the Women's Championship and that's how it should be.

Becky gets a strong response from fans, she's believable as a fiery, plucky babyface, she's got the goods inside the ring, she can deliver passionate promos and she'll almost certainly get her time in the spotlight. Right now, WWE feels that there's more money in Sasha Banks and Bayley which, truth be told, there probably is when you get right down to it. If they wanted to bury Becky, last night would've been a good opportunity to do so but, as the OP pointed out, Becky looked good even in defeat and that's not the traditional way you go about burying someone. Becky brings a good deal to the table and, as far as I know, she has a good reputation backstage, she isn't rubbing management the wrong way, so there's no reason to bury her.

I've always seen Becky as someone who suffers from being over in spite of losing regularly, thus it's not absolutely necessary to make her look good. I love Nattie, but I think that she needed that win more than Becky did to stay relevant. Also; Dana apparently needs all the help she can get.

I imagine that these women have another fifteen years at least to trade wins and titles, so I don't see last night as a death knell for Becky's career. If she keeps being a team player and stays clean, she'll get her due eventually.

Her booking could no doubt be better, but at the same time, you shouldn't be worried. Even though it was a 'clean' victory, Nattie took a cheap shot to the knee when the ref wasn't looking. Also, I don't even remember the last time Nattie won a feud, so this win helps her establish some credibility as a heel.

If you look at the new SD roster, Becky looks like she's the face of the division, with Carmella at a distant second. So, I wouldn't be worried, she'll bounce back. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a title run before years end

I think last night was more about establishing Nattie as heel than anything for Becky. This will not impact her career in any way. It actually will push the feud longer and Becky might end up the Champion on Smackdown if/when the new belt is revealed.

Losing as someone the fans get behind, is just holding them back and makes the fans want to see them win so much more.

It's a similar effect as the old "Wanting the heels to get their comeuppance", but that formulas a bit archaic nowadays, so they go with holding back the "faces"

Keep in mind, they also try to make fan favorites (not faces) heel, and all the boring boogooders face.

Becky's fine, she's set to win the set next time they wrestle, and it's probably a setup for Smackdown to bring back the Diva's championship so Becky can hold some Gold (Silver?), while not making Nattie look like shit.

At least she has time on the show, great PPV matches. Her storyline and match was way better than the tag match last night..As far as i'm concerned, she's been booked great.. She could be booked like Summer Rae or Naomi, maybe you would prefer that.

While I don't necessarily agree with Becky losing last night, I can understand it. Once her feud with Natalya is over, she'll have to feud with Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Carmella, or Eva Marie... yeah... seriously...

So I would prolong this feud as long as possible until Asuka gets called up or one of the four other divas on the roster gets built up enough.

Unfortunately prolonging the feud requires Becky and Natalya to trade wins for a few PPVs.

Or maybe the feud is over and she feuds with one of the other four divas on the roster. I really hope not though. Needless to say, I wouldn't be interested in that.

Uh, no. Becky Lynch is going to be the face of the Smackdown women's roster. I mean, it's not a great women's roster, but at least she's going to be the face of it, because she's the most talented member.

Raw has Charlotte and Sasha. The commentators made it clear that Bayley's match last night was a one-off. They gave Nattie the win over Becky last night, and now Becky is going on a redemption arc. Will there be a Smackdown women's title? I don't know. But I guarantee that Becky will be on the winning end at Summerslam.

Wasn't Becky originally feuding with Emma and Dana? I believe Emma's injury forced the writers to create something on the fly since Dana couldn't carry a feud with Becky by herself.
Anyway, she's in the mix. I'd rather be Becky, right now, than Paige.

I wouldn't be too concerned, last night was definitely a throwaway PPV.

I agree 100%! Becky is nothing special to me. She has done nothing to deserve a push. She has hurt multiple wrestlers with her wreckless and careless moves. She deserves to be buried. To be honest, Stephanie's entire women's movement has been a failure. A complete and utter failure at that. If not for Sasha, no one would even care or watch any of the divas. Heck, I would rather see JoJo than bland and ugly Becky!

To the op...it's way past time to panic for irrelevant Becky! I suspect she will be back in NXT in 6 months jobbing to the random flavor of the month!

There is a lot to worry about wrestling wise when it comes to Becky Lynch. Now before you misunderstand what I'm saying, I am definitely not saying she's a bad wrestler. I have seen plenty of classic matches involving Becky at NXT to know that she is a bad ass in the ring. What worries me about her is her spot being taken away. As certain females get pushed up, others will start to get pushed down. Becky can go either way. You want to see her go up, but with losses like the one she suffered Sunday (and to Nattie of all people) I don't know.

Becky Lynch is arguably in a better position than she has ever been in, purely due to the ridiculous idea of splitting the female (and tag team, but that's another thread!) roared across both shows.

I mean, both shows currently have SIX women wrestlers each. When Emma (likely Raw) and Nikki Bella (likely Smackdown, if only because of Cena) return from injury, that's still only seven each. NXT is not in a position to be raided yet as they don't have enough women on the ups just yet, so to lose Asuka and Bayley full time *could* be disastrous for their women's division, at least short term. But even if they get called up soon, that's only eight each brand. Seems like WWE need to bulk out the divisions with independents or alumni, but that of course goes against their ethos of coming through NXT (yes I know the Club bypassed it, but that will be an exception rather than a rule)

WWE SHOULD have done the logical thing and had all the women together on Raw (and all the tag teams on Smackdown Live) - with Stephanie in charge of Raw it makes more sense to have the women on Raw, plus with the extra hour they could have two or three women's segments per week. As it is now, it will be tough to devote more than a segment per show to the women.

But it is what it is, and Becky and Natalya are the veterans of the Smackdown women's 'division' - Bliss, Carmella and Eva haven't been wrestling nearly as long and Naomi's appearances are sporadic. So you definitely don't have to worry about Becky. The very fact that she was the first woman drafted to Smackdown should go some way to showing how the company view her: she's here for athe long haul

I think that there's nothing to worry about becky lynch right, she in a great position on smackdown and seem to be book to be the face of the smackdwon women's division and will probably win the new smackdown women's title when the will introduce it probably after summerslam.

Should Becky Lynch be booked better? Absolutely. However, is it time to panic? No. Not yet anyway. Whether we as fans should be concerned or if Becky herself should be concerned depend on what the future of Smackdown and its female wrestler division look like. If they make a new title for Smackdown's women then it goes without saying that Becky is one of the top contenders for that title. Others have stated they should create Tag Team Championships for Smackdown. They have 6 women right now. They'd need to bring in a few more women for that to work. I'd rather see a Smackdown equivalent of of the Womens Championship be created. They could even use the same design other than having a blue middle plate instead of red. Have Becky be the first champion feuding with Natalya and Alexa for a bit. In the long run if they do NOT make a new title (whether singles or tag team) for the Smackdown women, then it would be time to worry. There's still time.

Uh, no. Becky Lynch is going to be the face of the Smackdown women's roster. I mean, it's not a great women's roster, but at least she's going to be the face of it, because she's the most talented member.

Raw has Charlotte and Sasha. The commentators made it clear that Bayley's match last night was a one-off. They gave Nattie the win over Becky last night, and now Becky is going on a redemption arc. Will there be a Smackdown women's title? I don't know. But I guarantee that Becky will be on the winning end at Summerslam.

Yeah, I agree. A win at Summerslam for Becky would be huge. Summerslam > Battleground.

Apply everything you said to Ambrose... He had to wait and so does Becky... She is pretty bulletproof for now... They're not all gonna be able to be pushed even with two rosters... She's a good talent they can elevate if needed... Let's face it, if Roman hadn't screwed up, Ambrose wouldn't be where he is...

You need to learn how to use "Google", "Bing", or "Hotmail" search engines. I'm not going to do YOUR research for you, since you obviously don't watch RAW or Smackdown.

I did a Google search. Nothing came up, except this thread and results for Smackdown a few weeks ago.

You're just making a baseless claim because you dislike Becky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back