• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you're not aiming to be World Champ....

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh

Tell me what's on ur so called mind
I meant to post this as soon as i finished listening to Shawn Daivari's interview on VOW last week.

Stone Cold always used to say, "if you're not working to become the Champ, you're got no business wrestling."

Shawn was talking about his new gimmick and his aspirations for his run in TNA last monday. He was using the same logic as Stone Cold used to, that everyone should aim to be the Champ.

My view is, you can want to be champ as much as you like, but if the booker doesn't think you're champ material, it's not going to happen.

If you were a passionate wrestler, would you be satisfied to play the part of a Sharkboy or a Santino, a character that is way over but no one could ever take seriously as the champ, or would you consider your career to have been a waste if you never became World champion, regardless of your wrestling skills and marketability?

Would you be a Hogan who has to be the top guy all the time, or would you be a Funk and have the attitude of wanting to help the business you love any way you could, regardless of fame and fortune for you personally.

I think i'd want to adopt the Funk attitude, but at the same time, if i put in as much of my blood, sweat and tears as he did for ECW, i'd like to be rewarded for that work with a title run no matter how short, just like he was.

Discuss.

No matter what you do for a living your goal should be to be the very best. If your in the WWE or TNA to be World Champion means that the people on charge have enough faith in you to draw in the fans and keep them coming back.

My number one goal would be to travel as much as possible, and make as much money. If I got a world title so be it, if not it wouldn't really matter. Not holding a world title didn't hurt Curt Hennings or Davey Boy Smith's reputation. In fact they're probably looked upon fonder because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back