• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Were To Die Tomorrow....

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
We have seen threads about a lasting legacy and reasons for getting up in the morning. So now I ask, if you were to die tomorrow, would you have been satisfied with the life you have lived? Would you be happy or at least content with your position in life and with your accomplishments.Would you regret anything? Or would die completely fulfilled?

If death were to strike me down tomorrow. I would leave behind a life full of regret and shame. Its only now I'm just starting to enrich my life with a new found wisdom that has completely purified and renovated my mind. I'm on the path to better days and it will take time and I will make more errors, but those errors will help build me up to be the man I hope to be in the not so distant future.

If I were to die tomorrow, all my plans for self restoration and cleansing would be ultimately derailed and I would leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. There is so much I want to do before I die, place I want to see, people I want to met. I want children, lives I can influence. I want a beautiful wife, a women I can love even in death. If death came knocking at my door tomorrow, I would leave life completely unfulfilled.

If you were to die tomorrow..would you be at all satisfied or fulfilled with your life up till this point? Why or why not?

Is there anything you had planned to do in your life that you have yet to get done? If so what is it?

If you were to die tomorrow, would you be at all satisfied or fulfilled with your life up till this point? Why or why not? For the most part I can say yes I have been satisfied with my life. I have lived and wonderful and horrible 22 years of life. I have seen so much shit, done a lot of shit, experimented with drugs, alcohol and moved on to still be here today. I loved a few, lost a few, cried a few, and bleed a little too. I enjoyed my life as I am fully healthy and functional and even as big of a failure that I feel that I am, I still remain miserable but grateful to live. I am living to die and dying to go and I live everyday as it could be my last. I may have not achieved many things like my family or others have in this world but I remain strong even through all the bullshit that I have been through. If I died tomorrow I would die a happy man.

Is there anything you had planned to do in your life that you have yet to get done? If so what is it? Yes, lots of things to be honest with you. I would love to meet the women of my nightmares so my dreams can finally come true. I would love to have a family, kids, a house and a full time job. I would love to see the world and all the places I imagine about in my crazy head of mine. There is so much I would do and would love to do. Most of all I just want to be successful with my life even through struggle. I would want to own my house and the whole 9 yards. I hope this does happen to me at one time or another. Sure just got to believe is all I can do.

If I were to die tomorrow.... I would be satisfied with my life up until this point. The funny thing is, I accomplished all of my major life goals while I was a senior in college. I wanted to make my own RPG game (Division Blade, screenshot in my sig is from it), I wanted to marry the girl of my dreams, and finish my double major. By 2011 I had accomplished every single one of those goals. The next step would be to expand upon them, by perhaps starting a family, getting into a better career, and finally trying to make my game into a full series that gets console releases. If that never happens before I die though, I would be able to die happy knowing that I accomplished everything I wanted to do. There isn't much left that I'd want to do before I die. I'm basically always willing to try something new (as long as it isn't illegal and won't hurt anyone), but my "to do before I die" list is all checked off and complete. I'm one of the lucky few, I suppose. I've had a good life and I want to devote what time I have left, no matter how long that will be, to making a positive impact on the lives of others in this world in ways that only I would be capable of. It's all part of a bigger picture, that is why I am still here in this world.

If you were to die tomorrow..would you be at all satisfied or fulfilled with your life up till this point? Why or why not?

Oddly...I don't know. I guess this means no, but in some aspects - yes. I mean, I have a child, and my goal in life now is to watch him grow up into a fine adult - so if I died tomorrow I would have failed that and I'd of left a load of goals unfinished, like writing my book etc. However on the other hand...I've met some of the nicest people ever in my life and I would die happy knowing that I had them in my life and I would get to see some of them again in "a better place". Fulfilled, no. Happy, yes.

Is there anything you had planned to do in your life that you have yet to get done? If so what is it?
Book writing. I REALLY want to get my book published.
I want to marry the girl I'm with right now.
I want to see my son grow up to become an adult.
I want to see my new career take off and work hard to get it there.
There's so much I want to do it's unreal.

f you were to die tomorrow..would you be at all satisfied or fulfilled with your life up till this point? Why or why not?

I would leave behind a life of some regrets and horrible experiences, moments. I wouldn't be satisfied with myself and how I lived my life. Been through too much at young ages. Which I decided to switch around and not live a life of hatred and abuse.

I would like to pursue a career in professional wrestling, and have kids. Simple as that. :)

Ofcourse, I love the Life I live and I'm grateful about it.

My parents have never really let me go through any serious Hardship or anything.

They've always wanted us to live the life they didn't get to and have always done the best they could for my Sisters and I.

A Great Family, Good Friends and other Little Things in life.

What more can I ask? :)

Hmm..

My own happy family. :3

And Visit Italy!

I've always wanted that and I know that someday It'll happen.

But yeah, If I were to die tomorrow and it's 06:15 PM already, that sucks.

Probably not. I just started college last year. I'm beginning the phase in my life where I truly begin to experience life as an adult and make my own decisions that may potentially have a long lasting effect on my life later down the road. Don't get me wrong, I've lived a fairly good life thus far. But to die at an age where I've only begun to truly scratch life's surface is something I think I'd rather avoid. If I were to die tomorrow, I would die knowing that I didn't fulfill my potential and that I never even graduated college or got a full time job that didn't involve getting coffee for my employer. I would die knowing that I would forever lose the chance to make amends with the people I've hurt or wronged.

My passion was in writing. I wrote for my high school newspaper during my senior year. I enjoyed investigating stories and reporting them. It was like fulfilling one of my childhood dreams of being a detective. After graduation, becoming a journalist and writing for a newspaper became one of my aspirations. My main one as of right now is to graduate college.

Im not sure how anyone could truly look at their life with the knowledge that we're going to die tomorrow, and feel satisfaction. I mean, most of us have so much more we want to achieve and be apart of. Knowing those things will never take place is enough to leave anyone with an unsatisfied, unfulfilled place in the pit of their stomach. Forget what Ive done up until this point, it would be the things I haven't done that would eat at me.

For one, Id have the deepest sadness in knowing Id never meet my son/daughter. My wife is 6 months pregnant, and Ive never been more excited for anything in my life. The idea of knowing she would be raising the child alone, or God forbid, another man, would be something Id hardly be able to feel a sense of satisfaction about. It would be like being in the middle of a great movie only for the projector to cut out part of the way through- You wonder what you missed.

As I stated above, raising a child with my wife is something Im really looking forward to, so yeah, that would suck. Im pretty pleased with where I am career-wise, but I did want to get my teaching degree and eventually teach graduate psychology courses as well. That's pretty small potatoes compared to the whole saying goodbye to the wife and the child thing, but its always been something Ive wanted to do. Things havent been the easiest with my wife because of health issues over the past year, and with her healthy and us soon to become parents, I was looking forward to a new chapter in our relationship as well. Don't get me wrong- I have every plan on making my child my top priority. But I also plan on spending less time at work, allowing me time to do things my wife and I havent been able to previously. She loves to travel, and we havent taken a trip of any substance for over two years. There are plenty of places we wanted to visit together that wouldn't happen, and again, the thought of her doing those things with someone else is too damn depressing to even think of.

Good thread Len, but it sucks at the same time. I dont want to be thinking about this stuff!

Hell no I wouldn't feel satisfied with my life. I've only made a dent in my chosen vocation, I haven't traveled the world, and I haven't had the chance to really think hard about having children. If it was the case that I'd die tomorrow, I'd just off myself now and spare myself the agony of thinking about the kind of life I would've had had the grim reaper not come after me so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back