• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you want to vote for Linda, don't wear any WWE merchandise.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Source: WrestlingNewsSource

WrestlingNewsSource.com has just learned that Susan Bysiewicz, the Secretary of State of the state of Connecticut, has given state poll workers the authority to turn away voters on November 2nd if they show up to the polls wearing any form of WWE merchandise. Bysiewicz has also announced that if anyone shows up wearing the merchandise, they could also be told to either go home and change, cover the merchandise up, or remove it before they can even vote.

A law in the state prevents any kind of political advertising within 75 feet of voting polls, and according to sources, since Linda McMahon is so closely affiliated with WWE, any form of WWE merchandise would be considered as political advertising.

WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon had the following to say about the situation...

"Denying our fans the right to vote, denying them their First Amendment rights, regardless if they are Democrat, Republican or Independent, is un-American, unconstitutional and blatantly discriminatory."

Hmm.

yeah, ummm, this is JUUUUUST a bit too much now. I can't blame Vinnie Mac for being upset about it. It's not like they are wearing Linda 2010 stuff.

Although I would laugh if the people who were wearing the WWE stuff were gonna vote Blumenthal (or some other person).

"Denying our fans the right to vote, denying them their First Amendment rights, regardless if they are Democrat, Republican or Independent, is un-American, unconstitutional and blatantly discriminatory."

This is an excellent point.

I'd liken this to anyone going to the presidential poll wearing a pro-african american shirt (ie A Malcolm X shirt or one saying: "Warning! Educated Black Woman!) being turned away from the polls.

It would be seen as racist (Which it is) and Discriminatory (Which this is).

Maybe people that wear TNA shirts can vote for Blumenthall? They wouldn't allow people to wear Terminator shirts when they voted for Arnold in the Governor election in California a few years back. I don't know why that is a rule, but as long as you don't advertise WWE, you can vote for whoever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back