• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you owned TNA for day

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
If i owned TNA for a day, I would buy out AAA, CMLL and any other mexican promotion. Then i air for the first time ever a live PPV in Mexico City, I would call it "Battle at the Border" and have a series of matches of TNA v.s lucha libre. With all the press i'm getting from the show i would help raise awareness for legal immigration and poverty. If the show went really good then i would do a live PPV for israel and help raise awareness for world peace

What would you do if you owned TNA for a day ?

I'd secretly sell it to Vince and watch the choas insue from my island I bought with the money I made. I;d love to see the looks on Hogan/Biscoff's face when Vinnie Mac comes strollin down the ramp. "Dammit, not again!"

Well, I personally don't think a day would really be enough to get anything accomplished, but for the sake of the thread...

I would have a live free PPV type airing, in which I would fire half the wasted talent on the roster. I would take direct cheap shots at WWE left and right, and I would do anything I possibly could to get cross over media attention using celebrities.

I would also make the most non-PG show ever, I'm talking tons of blood, cursing, full frontal nudity, you name it. I figure if I've only got one day, I'll give them a hell of a ratings spike, and they can figure out what to do from there.

you hit the nail on the head JR83..
if I owned TNA for a day.. I would sell it to someone that could do something with it and not pretend for even a minute that I REALLY had a clue about running a professional wrestling organization.

Well, if I could sell TNA the first Day I owned, I would really like to make a profit off that thing... But, most of those high dollar business sells don't happen in just one day. So TNA is stuck with me for a whole day. What should I do?

Well, let go of all the guys over 40. That's the first thing I would do. See ya Kevin Nash... Nice knowing ya Jarrett. It's something that has to be done. No one can really deny that.

Then, Paul Heyman wants 30 million dollar five year contract. Paul Heyman gets a 30 million dollar five year contract. To run the whole show. The contract will stat, he can fire or hire, and do whatever he wants.

Then I would give Christy Hemme a private interview that will last at least 3 hours. Resulting her in having higher pay. If your wondering what the private interview is... It's 3 hours of sex.

Then last but not least, bill the company 1 million dollars for my one day of service.

Thoughts?

If I owned TNA for a day I'd sell it to Vince. Then he'd own every good wrestler they have. Then he'll missuse them, put them in stupid segments with "funny" characters and basically push them before shoving them into obscurity and painfull existence, WHILST crapping on everything TNA stood for, just to prove a point that no matter who goes to WWE, no matter how talented, he will be shat on.

Then with the money Vince gave me I'll buy Lacey's freedom and we'll go have some sexy times.

I would book a hardcore king of the mountain death match between Eric Young, Jeff Hardy, Jesse Neal, Mick Foley, Rob Van Dam, Stevie Richards, Tommy Dreamer and Abyss for the TNA title. Then I would find myself the biggest crackhead I possibly could, give Chris Parks the night off and lend his clothing to the crackhead. Then I'd stuff the fake Abyss with as much PCP as humanly possible and instruct him that to get his garbage bag full of crack he has to use Janice on the rest of the participants for real, as much as he possibly could.

I would rot away in prison knowing TNA would have a much better product because of me and hope I don't get stuck in a cell with an Orlando Jordan impersonator.

It would take a lot longer than a day for me to do what I want to do.

1st thing I'd do is fire Vince Russo. The guy has said he's burnt out and doesn't wanna write Impact anymore. Why keep a guy around who doesn't wanna be there, and it's clearly affecting the quality of his work.

2nd I'd call Paul Heyman. After he rejects my offer, I'd call Gabe Sapolsky. Try to work out a deal where he can book TNA and strike up a deal to bring in the guys from Dragon Gate. I think putting those guys in the X Division would revitalize it. Along with having those famous Dragon Gate 6 Man matches with the guys that are on the roster.

Next thing I'd do take the EV.20 guys off TV. They still might be useful in TNA as bookers and agents. As far as actually competing and participating in angles, they're done. They've already taken too much airtime away from the guys that can work.

I'd let give Hogan the money that's left on his contract, and tell him he's not needed on a full-time basis. I'd discuss still bringing him in for special appearances.

I'd let Kevin Nash go. Maybe offer Jeff Jarrett an office position. If not, I'd let him go.

I'd make Eric Bischoff the on-air President of TNA. I think he has some good ideas as far as production goes. He was able to get a show like Reaction on Spike. I'd see what he can do about getting Xplosion on Spike on Saturday's and retool that show so that it could fully be a secondary show.

I don't think running TNA would be easy by a long shot, but with all the talent they have. It shouldn't be that difficult to use them well.

You only get one chance to make a first impression and TNA has not made any impact. They have a lot of talent, but have never had any direction. Wrestling desperately needs competition but the current incarnation of TNA is not the answer. I think a new company with some of the current TNA roster would have a better chance. But I'll play along even though I think TNA is doomed.

So if I owned TNA, the first thing I'd do is start all over. LOSE the name TNA. They shot themselves in the foot from the start naming their company after a sexual slang term. No one is ever gone take them seriously with a name like that.

Next thing is to get the hell out of that gawd awful "impact zone". It has WCW Saturday Night from Universal Studios written all over it.

Forget writers, storylines and characters and all that WWE stuff. That's there game. Why be second best at something when you can do something else they're not doing? Just wrestle. Shut up and wrestle. They have a lot of in ring talent thats being wasted right now. And even when they do get a chance to shine, the matches are spot fests that look way too choreographed. Just put on great wrestling shows while traveling all over the world.

And start paying attention to the little details. Things such as entrance music. Everyones theme in TNA sounds the same. Generic sports highlights music. And if you can't afford to license good music, then to hell with it. Scrap music altogether. Have the wrestlers enter with the lights out, no music, and just a spotlight on them. Treat it like its a real fight. Do something that makes you stand out.

Get rid of the dead weight. Stop hiring WCW/ECW has beens. And for that matter, recently released WWE guys. TNA looks so desperate sometimes signing people WWE doesn't want anymore. It makes it look like they have no standards.

After a brief hiatus to retool the company, come back to television and hold a tournament involving the best wrestlers on the planet and let them do what they do best. Put the title (of which there should only be one) on the best performer you have and have it defended each week against the best contender their is. Wrestling can still work. Theres a hunger for something more realistic, thats why MMA has become so popular over the last few years. Wrestling needs to tap into that, and since WWE has no plan on doing so the opportunity is there for someone else to attempt it.

If WWE has two guys in the ring talking for 15 minutes, TNA should be countering that with an actual 15 minute match between lets say Shelton Benjamin and AJ Styles. Basically, whatever WWE's doing...do the opposite. Call it the George Costanza guide on how to book TNA properly.

iN CONCLUSION, TNA NEEDS...
--A name change first and foremost
--To get the hell out of that gawd awful impact zone
--Shut up and wrestle. Too much talk, not enough action for a show called total non stop action.
--And drop the dead weight in all the washed up wrestlers from WCW/ECW, who btw are responsible for the aforementioned talking segments.

If i was in charge of TNA for a day i would sell it to the WWE get the couple millions its worth, lol. And No im not joking around i would sell it. or start an attitude era in TNA.

First I would fire russo. Then I would get rid of the older guys that doesn't need to be there. Then I get Awesome Kong Back in the Knockouts divison . get the 6 sided ring back . make the Xdivision the Xdivision again. and after all that sell it to vince Mcmaohn.

first thing i would do is get rid of every talent that is not used and free up more money to spend on new contracts of those i want to sign long term and ones i want to bring in from other promotions. as far as the old guys still hanging around like flair,hogan,nash,jarrett ect ect they are ledgends people know who they are and are still expected to be seen.i would keep them in some form or fashion.i would defentily make a play for paul heyman,pay him whatever it takes to get him on board and last but defentily not least find out where the hell lacey has been reunite her with the beautiful people...oh but not to wrestle atleast not in the ring i think i would like to conduct behind closed doors a private session and for one night only bring dixie carter into that group(have a lil tag team of my own going on right there)

if i were to own tna for one day id have a ppv wwe vs tna, all of the matches would be handicap matches w/wwe having the upper hand (ex: randy orton & john cena vs aj styles) then at the end of the ppv i would sell every tna superstars contract to the highest bidder (WWE) and then sell tna to WWE and hopefully & probably offer my services to the McMahons and the WWE!!

PS: I put too many WWE's in here!!

It would take a lot longer than a day for me to do what I want to do.

1st thing I'd do is fire Vince Russo. The guy has said he's burnt out and doesn't wanna write Impact anymore. Why keep a guy around who doesn't wanna be there, and it's clearly affecting the quality of his work.

2nd I'd call Paul Heyman. After he rejects my offer, I'd call Gabe Sapolsky. Try to work out a deal where he can book TNA and strike up a deal to bring in the guys from Dragon Gate. I think putting those guys in the X Division would revitalize it. Along with having those famous Dragon Gate 6 Man matches with the guys that are on the roster.

Agreed the first thing I would Call Gabe and try to force some kind of tna, dragon gate, and evolve merger, were the new company would have evolve's rules with dragon gate style of wrestling mixed that up with some of tna's talent toss in some story lines, creating a national brand with an indy feel. The next thing I would do is move television taping to the Manhattan center's grand ball (the birth place of Monday night raw), charge the crowds I honestly believe fans in nyc are willing pay 20 a week for action. Next I would Continue doing tna house shows,the same way they do now, very fan friendly. But here is a unique trick that I would do take film crews to the house shows tape the best matches from that months tour and put them as your ppv (just make sure fans don't know what a title match before it happens) I believe this would be a cheaper alternative than doing live ppv at the moment and you can do this until your revenue is back on par and then go back to live ppv this time with better production values and more revenue to book bigger arenas. I know this may seem like a down grade but some times you have to step back before you can step forward. What do You guys think?

1. Fire Vince Russo.

2. Cut the fat and thin the roster. Get rid of E.V. 2.0

3. Try to convince Paul Heyman to join TNA, and give him whatever he wants.

4. Go on the road and get out of the Impact Zone.

5. Bring back the 6 sided ring.

6. Get better bookers.

7. Push younger talent and those who deserve it.

8. Get rid of Jeff Jarret.

9. Go live.

Make an attitude era in TNA, so that the people who keep moaning about the PG Era can piss off and go to TNA. That's all I would do, except I would buy Chelsea's freedom, because she's damn hot (I can't get a warning about spamming for my post because I've gave reasons for both things!!!).

i would combine roh & tna.

bring back the 6 sided ring. book as many dates across the u.s. as possible for the next year. try to sign some stars that would work well in tna like chris jericho, joey styles, evan bourne, bryan danielson, justin gabriel. but not stars that would bankrupt the company (ie trying to buy taker or orton) get homicide & christopher daniels back. convince spike to have impact on for 3hours on thurs instead of two. switch up the feuds to incorporate the roh roster. and put a big sign on my lawn that says 'fuck you vince'. & challenge the wwe to a real bragging rights ppv.

honestly if the 2 top promotions outside of wwe merged it would help put more butts in seats. it wouldnt be an overnight fix but definately would lay the groundwork for future success. talent wise the 2 companies are similar in style & could draw big #'s with the fresh matchups. a 3hour show will definately will showcase the talent & not leave great performers on the bench for weeks on end. they wont overtake wwe instantly but it will help in the long run.

saying 'ill just sell it' or 'ill call paul heyman' is far fetched. saying 'fire all the old guys' is a fucking cop out. if ur a tna fan & truly want to see the product succeed thinking long term is a plus. showcase the great stars, have established guys build up the new kids, shake up the storylines. having our talent call them out in a ppv would be great. have them put vinces money where his mouth is. we wouldnt win every match obviously but the matchups would go down in history as the greatest cross promotion challenge ever. (hhh\samoa joe, sting\taker, styles\mysterio, kane\abyss)

Kick out each member of the Impact zone while I personally insult them and there mothers for having them then sell them to TNA.

Well if I owned TNA for just one day I would see how good of that stunt man body (Tommy Dreamer) and get Rob Terry to thorw him out of the ring as far as he can to break that spine.

Second thing I would do is book a sexual scene with Kevin Nash and Orlando Jordan then fire both destroying there careers in the progress.

Third thing I would do is fire Russo and Tazz and bring back Don West to the announce table.

Fourth thing I would do is book the whole off EV 2.0 against the X-Division and finally give them there shot to shine then fire EV 2.0.

Fifth thing I do is bring back Petty Williams and Chris Daniels and make Daniels a main eventer.

That's what I do if I owned TNA for one day.
Sixith thing I do I bring Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, Lacey and Chisty Hemme to my locker room and have intercourse with them all at once.

Seventh I make a tag team macth between Beer Money and MCMG's for the title.

Finally I make a king of the mountain main event with Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, A.J Styles, Kurt Angle and Chris Daniels and tell them to make the best macth they can.

Great Thread....so...let's dive right in. Since the thread stresses "in a day", and there are 24 hours in a day, let's look at this at an hour by hour setting. After getting TONS of sleep....ask that the wrestlers be there at 5:00 a.m.

12:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. Meet with the bookers. Devote 20 minutes to each angle, make decisions as to who will compete in these angles, and map out two months worth of ideas, settings, etc., including angles CONCLUDING at PPV's, and the launch of new angles at PPV's, or the day after.

4:00 a.m.- 5:00 a.m. Go over the roster as to who is not being used in angles (from the previous session of midnight to 4) and decide if they are worth keeping, or what they can contribute to the company. They're obviously off for a reason or not involed for a reason.

5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. Those that need to be let go, hold one on one meetings, short and sweet, and wish them the best. Tell them they are welcome back when we see fit to make something work, --have no 30 days clauses. We obviously want them to feed their family.

6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. Hold a room meeting, explaining the details of the next two months. Explain angles, where they're heading, and ask for input. If the idea is plausible, tell them that we'll get back to them. Prepare ALL of them that we will taking the show on the road, once we get openings in sites in certain cities. Play it safe in the beginning, nothing more than a 10,000 seat arena to see how it's going to sell. End the meeting on a positive note.

8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Have breakfast, enjoy the comraderie.

9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Make calls to other promotions who wouldn't mind swapping out talent for a couple of angles. Be reasonable, but be fair. It's your talent as well that you're offering.

10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Look at the overall floor plan. Look at how to make Impact better, entrances, ring colors, commentary desks, lighting, etc. Think of new and innovative entrances for PPV's.

Noon - 1:00 p.m. Eat lunch. Be thinking of ways to stretch the product and exposure. Think ways of advertising across the board. Internet, promo spots, TV, etc.

1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Meet with a few people involved in one set angle. Ask how they think they could make it better, how they want to work it, how long they think it should last. Get input, but come to a decision in the end. Overall, management has a say so as to how it will operate, but be flexible.

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Work on merchandising, video games, shirts, marketing. Even go to the production truck and look for angles, ideas, video packaging. Make it standout from the norm. Work also on the opening of the show, and possible PPV packages.

6:00 p.m. - 6:30 Dinner....and breathe!!

6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Check back with the location managers as to what sites and cities they have found and have been accepted. Work around any difficulities, and get the schedule made up for the locker room. Hand out schedules, ask for conflicts, and ask if there are any questions. Give it a Q & A feel.

9:00 p.m. - midnight Watch the wrestlers work out, work on possible layouts of matches, saving big things for the PPV. Go over taped matches from Impact, critique, look for other ways, ask for input, and last but not least, tell them that they're working hard to make a good product, and that you expect a lot from them to make the success of Impact even bigger.

A day...not near enough time to do anything worthwhile, but I get the idea here.

First thing I'd do is like others have mentioned and cut the dead weight. Change up the contracts from "per-appearance" to annual contracts more like the WWE offers. This keeps your performers on hand when YOU need them, not when THEY need some cash to do something with.

The old dogs (EV2.0, Hogan, Nash, Flair, Jarrett, etc) would get a short and sweet on-air goodbye. Over the course of a month or two, not an immediate firing. That just looks bad to the public.

I'd book shows across the country, get out of the Impact zone and let people see up close and personal the kind of entertainment we can offer them. Production values would be increased ten fold. No more lousy lighting, no more FREE tickets to the show, no more shitty music being pumped in. We'd get investors to back us up and go public if necessary, but we'd get some real money involved.

I wouldn't hire Heyman, but I would get rid of Russo, et al. The old blood needs to go. Bring some up and coming writers into the fold and let them script out the storylines. Let the WRESTLERS run their matches. I wouldn't limit what moves or techniques they could use. Go balls out for all I care, just don't do anything tremendously dangerous to yourself or others.

ADVERTISE. I'd get the company name out there all over the place. Nobody even realizes they exist if they don't watch Spike or read the forums online.

Ignore the IWC. This is a small fraction of a percentage of fans and supporters. Sorry guys, you don't count in the grand scheme. I'd go PG - PG13 with my product and leave it there. No need to get vulgar to earn cash.

There's a start. I'd need much more than a day, but there's a start.

Like most I would just sell it to someone who knew what they were doing and let them do something with it. IMO the top people at TNA have no clue what they are doing and for that reason the company will never reach the point they want to, they just don't have the captain to do it.

At the same time I want to see there be a legit #2 wrestling company that could compete with Vince so I would sell it to someone that has a clue (wrestlings version of Dana White), take the money and watch from afar. I would love to run a wrestling company, but I'm not dumb enough to think I could actually do it without a lot of help, and I mean A LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back