• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you could watch the matches of just one wrestler...

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
... who would it be? I'd prefer if you kept it current and more up to date. Also try to stay within the WWE or TNA. Please don't say anyone like, I don't know... Frank Gotch, Lou Thesz, Antonio Inoki, and others that I probably never heard of. Try to keep it within the 1980's to present day.

Up until a couple years ago, this would have been very easy for me to answer. It was Chris Benoit hands down. He had some very epic and underrated matches in his career, and I would have loved to experience as many of them as possible. From Japan to ECW to WCW to WWF to WWE back to the two matches Benoit had on the current ECW. But with the whole Double Murder-Suicide incident, WWE has erased very bit of history of Benoit and it's no longer possible to find anything with Chris Benoit... legally anyway. Which really hurts me that I didn't get that "Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story" DVD when I had the chance.

As for right now. I have absolutely no idea who I'd pick. How about you? If you could watch the matches of just one wrestler, who would it be? And why?

I would have to say HBK.
HBK always puts on a show, and he has been wrestling in the WWE/F since 1989. That's a lot of matches to hold me over for some time. You also get all the aspects of wrestling; from tagteam, midcard, main-event, and others.

Ugg God, not HBK. As good as he used to be he's hardly faced a massive variety of different opponents. For the past couple of years he's had a rotation of what appears to be about 5 or 6 guys, it was similar in the 90's as well.

I don't know really, it's not about the wrestler, it's who they face. It's them you're getting the variety off.

I would say Eddie Guerrero [R.I.P]... I kinda miss the entertainment of his matches... The Lieing, Cheating, And Winning during the match was always entertaining for me. I don't think anyone has stepped up and entertains me the same way he did. He was entertaining inside and outside of the ring...

Shawn and it's not even close. The guy has faced pretty much everyone and has gotten the best match possible out of them.

Marty Jannetty - RAW
Razor Ramone - Summerslam 94
Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 12
Undertaker - Badd Blood
Kurt Angle - Wrestlemania 21
John Cena - RAW
Shelton Benjamin - RAW
Chris Jericho - Wrestlemania 19
Ric Flair - Wrestlemania 24

Even sodding Vince at WM22. I'm probably forgetting some matches as well. Really there's no-one who comes close to having so many great matches.

To me it would either be RVD or Chris Benoit. No matter what I thought about RVD and his lack of ring psychology, he was always amazing to watch against a variety of opponents. Benoit brought intensity to every match and I always looked forward to watching him perform.

Rob van dam, I love rvd to death man. I allways have his matches are allways fast paced and thats the way I love them. I could watch him and sabu wrestle for 3 days straight and still have fun with it.

Petey Williams, just because it wasn't the way he wrestled it was the suspence... When is he going to do the sick flip piledriver?!

For me, its god 2 be the Undertaker. I mean look at every match he had from his fued with mankind, kane, hbk, triple h, randy orton, the rock, stone cold and whoever else. My main point is that he has wrestled almost everyone and every time he wrestles he puts on a show.
At a very close 2nd, its got 2 be either hbk or kurt angle

The Rock

he's simply electrifying in the ring and I could watch him all day. He will bring ppl in the ring who try to interfere and whip their asses and has a never quit attitude. He doesnt back down and will take on all obstacles around him even if he's outnumbered. I like seein him take it all on and his energy in the ring. The way he sells and entertains while also being completely serious and focused in a match (as well as on the mic, which he has gotten on during a few matches if you know what i'm referring to) not to mention his Half-time Heat fight with Mankind (the best empty arena match ever imo)

but Diva wise I'm goin with Trish, not only hot but can wrestle and just the greatest Diva hands down. Ya gotta love the MaTrish and I'm always stratisfied when she's in the ring

so thats it
I prefer to be Stratisfied & Electrified!

Hulk Hogan
Defeating the giants that were out to get him by the likes of Fuji and Heenan. He was a true hero in the age of Reagan giving America just what it needed after the Carter administration!

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1352477]... who would it be? I'd prefer if you kept it current and more up to date. Also try to stay within the WWE or TNA. Please don't say anyone like, I don't know... Frank Gotch, Lou Thesz, Antonio Inoki, and others that I probably never heard of. Try to keep it within the 1980's to present day.[/QUOTE]

While I do think it a bit short-sided to ask the question and then relegate it to simply TNA or WWE and guys you "may" have heard of... Since some of the best workers have never and probably will never work for either company....

I will pick one that adheres to the rule but at the same time breaks it...

Ric Flair. Granted I'd have to add his WCW stuff... but the man has had some of the greatest matches, programs, interviews and promos ever. There is a reason he is called THE MAN...

(add Alex Shelly as an honorable mention because all his indy stuff is just amazing)

MaciniRocks... I didn't say you couldn't say anyone outside of TNA or WWE. I just said that I'd prefer for you to try to keep it within those two companies. You don't have to... nor can I force you.

ok i cant just choose one, ill give a top 3 and a few honorable mentions:

1. Undertaker-He has had many feuds with different wrestlers throughout his career and every storyline has been great...And that he is now working with the younger/newer talent (at least within the last handful of years in regards to newer): ie Randy Orton, Batista and now CM Punk. And the fact that hes undefeated at Wrestlemania speaks for itself

2. HBK-Guy gives 150% everytime hes in the ring and has given us some of the most incredible matchs: The ladder match against Razor Ramon, the iron man match against Bret Hart, the HAIC with Undertaker just to name a few.

3. Andre The Giant-I just loved how he would be put into handicap matchs and trap his opponents in between his legs and squeeze. And he was a dominant figure to go against Hulk Hogan.

Honorable mentions
HHH-One of the things I love about HHH is that hes from originally from my hometown. Secondly hes a guy who growing up I used to follow because I loved his original theme music when he was the Connecticut Blueblood, thought that whole gimmick was great. And Lastly he gives it his all when hes in the ring.

Sgt Slaughter-I loved the anti-american gimmick he had right before he won the "WWF" title and throughout that title reign leading us to the Wrestlemania match with Hogan.

Hulk Hogan-Had some great feuds in his career-Andre the Giant, Sgt Slaughter, Randy Savage just to name a few from the 80's-early 90's...most of you know his more recent feuds in WCW and when he came back to the WWE

The Undertaker. Every feud kind of seems the same, but every time it starts up I freak out. He takes bumps, has a lot of (fake) moves to perform, so he can end the match in a host of ways. He's performed well against many guys in many different match types.

I have to go with Benoit. I know it may not be a popular choice anymore due to the murder-suicide, but that doesn't change the quality of his in-ring work. His winning the World Heavyweight Championship at WMXX is still one of my favorite matches of all time.

wow i can't believe no one has thought of watching Chris Jericho. Chris has faced plenty of wrestlers throughout his career doing all the styles of wrestling, he's competed in tag team wrestling, mid card wrestling, main event championship style wrestling, he's wrestled in Canada, Mexico, Germany, Japan, and of course in the U.S. he's competed for ECW, WCW, WWE/WWF. i believe he's worked for NJPW. and as of late his PPV matches have kept my focus

the man just knows how to put on a show he knows how to utilize the time given and make the fans go nuts with joy or anger at the end of each match which isn't often nowadays. i've seen so many matches where the audience only counts along after a finisher. to me if u can get the fans chanting "1..2..Awwww" before a finisher has been hit u know how to work a match

every time Jericho enters the ring for a PPV or is given enough time to wrestle on broadcast he will get the fans rolling and will give u your money's worth. plus his promo's both face and heel are really entertaining

i don't think there is a jerichoholic anymore if u cheer for Jericho right now Ur exactly what he says u are Ur a hypocrite

i'm a recalcitrant hypocrite and damn proud of it

but my pick would have to be Y2J since his matches majority of the time get my attention and can get me chanting which is awesome

I'd have to say Jericho, all of his matches combined the high spot antics apprieciated by the 'kids' of today, yet all of the chemistry and ring psychology an old school fan like myself loves.

His feuds in WCW: Malenko, Misterio, Juvie, Goldberg all had great drama to them.

And there has been nothing in WWE that I had issue with, maybe his 'firing' after not beating Cena...

I have to say either Kurt Angle of Undertaker... Both are outstanding in the ring, and have put on great matches. I would mostly like go with Kurt because of the variety of match that he can put on. While 'Taker is amazing for a big man. Kurt can work every type of match you want to see. He's one of the most athletic guys in wrestling. Look at the list of names that he's had classic matches with. Austin, Rock, Triple h, Shawn Michael, Orton, Cena, 'Taker. You get my point. He can have great matches with almost anyone he gets in the ring with. I didn't even mention his matches in tna. The fact is, inside the ring Kurt Angle is one of the best to ever lace them up. That's why I would choose to watch his matches.

My favourite wrestler is The Rock, but I'm gonna pick Bret Hart - that guy could go, hardcore matches, straight up wrestling, whatever. He played face and heel to perfection, and has my favourite finisher of all time.

I'd say Eddie Guerrero or Shawn Michaels and also I want to say it's a damn shame these two never faced off. They've both had such great matches and if they had ever gotten into the ring together, it would've been amazing.

i would like2c all the matches of dusty rhodes
i think he's a good performer
and i heard some pretty hardcore stuff about him which i read and never heard
i'd pick him b/c i never really watched him wrestle b4

i would also like2c all the matches of Kane because he's my fav wrestler
well in his early days whe nhe was masked and more alive anyway

next i'd pick Sabu2c lots of hardcore moments and ECW scars

I know not too many ppl will agree but i love watching Orton. Maybe just cause i want to see that RKO come outta nowhere but thats just my opinion. But it really all depends on who they are wrestling. I swear if i see another Orton vs HHH or Orton vs Cena match i'll throw up.
Another guy i can always watch is HBK just beacuse he is so good. But again I would want to see him in some fresh match up not wrestling the regulars.

I am absolutely shocked that only one person chose Bret Hart. After all he’s the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Well I guess he can’t be the best there is anymore, but you get the point. Whether he was in the tag division, IC status, or in the main event, Bret always put on a good match. Just think of his list of classics. Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Davey Boy Smith, Shawn Michales, Owen Hart, Steve Austin. Bret had classic matches with all of these guys. He’s actually had multiple classics with each of them except Piper (who he’s only wrestled once as far as I know). He’s also had very good, bordering on great, matches with Diesel, Undertaker, Razor Ramon, Hakushi, Bob Backlund, and more. Don’t forget the classic tag matches against the Bulldogs, Demolition, Brain Busters, and Rockers. He’s wrestled all these guys more than once and he’s always put on a good match. These are just a few examples. Bret always delivered. I would definitely choose Bret Hart, but Shawn Michaels is very, very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back