• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Could End Any Film Series......

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Let's face it, when it comes to their favorite film franchises, fans will always have something to complain about. Sequels don't live up to expectations, remakes are trashed by fans, because they don't live up to the original, and some people will just nitpick at any little imperfection they can find. Some fans will never be satisfied, but the "why are they making another one???" criticism seems to be the most common complaint. Whether it be a remake or sequel (prequels, if you're talking about Star Wars), some fans can't stand the thought of seeing another film in one of their favorite franchises, because the original provided some great memories for them, and most of the time, die hard fans can't let go of the past. They refuse to accept something new, they won't give the new films a chance, and their close-minded style of thinking gets in the way of everything.

So with all that said, I want to ask everyone a few questions: If you could end any film series, where would you end it, and why? And when I say end, I mean no more films, at all. No sequels, no reboots, no remakes. Nothing. You're pulling the plug once and for all, and what ever series you choose to end won't have any more films for the future.

I'll give everyone an example with my first choice in this thread:

If I could end any film series, I would choose to end Spider-Man, and if it were up to me, there would be no more films after Spider-Man 2 (2004).

Spider-Man 2 is one of the greatest superhero films you'll ever see. I've said this before in the past, and I still stand by this statement today.

Spider-Man 2 was full of some great action, thrills, and suspense. In Spider-Man 2, the Peter Parker character is put through hell. You could feel sympathy for this character during his emotional struggle, as Peter begins to lose family members and close friends.

And this film does feature one of those memorable breathtaking/speechless moments. Spider-Man accidentally revealing himself to Mary Jane ranks high up on my list of memorable movie moments. Peter wouldn't allow himself to endanger Mary Jane's life, so of course, he kept his superhero identity a secret from her. Both of these characters had feelings for each other, but Spider-Man killed any chances for a real relationship. But Mary Jane was willing to take the risk of having a relationship with Peter, because true love was more than enough to overcome her fears.

Also, Alfred Molina was just brilliant here. His performance as Doc Ock was so much fun to watch, and he should be remembered as the most entertaining villain in the entire series.

Great action, emotion, suspense, drama, and Peter finally reveals himself to Mary Jane. What more could you ask for? Spider-Man two easily surpasses the original, and this is a rare occurrence in any film series.

Spider-Man 2 was great, but I have bad memories, when I think about Spider-Man 3. Who could forget this fight between Spidey and Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2?

[YOUTUBE]z00fTwhmYX0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GYOYewO_Veg[/YOUTUBE]

But Spider-Man 3 reminds me of Peter's dance moves:

[YOUTUBE]zOtpeYERu9w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The shitfest didn't end with Tobey's ridiculous dancing. Spider-Man 3 featured too many villains, too many subplots, Topher Grace was awful as Venom, and this film just turned into one giant clusterfuck. Sam Raimi went nuts with Spider-Man 3. He tried to cram too much material into the storyline, and Spider-Man 3 just became one big mess.

Spider-Man 2 could've provided some great closure for me, but Spider-Man 3 just ruined everything. When I think about the end of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, this awful film will pop into my mind, unfortunately.

Yeah, I know. Spider-Man 3 was a tremendous box office hit, but fans of the first two films were going to take a chance on the third entry in the series. Spider-Man is one of the more popular comic book heroes, the second film was a major success, so fans did have something to look forward to.

Well, that's my pick, and I'm interested to see your choices!

Maybe you're one of those people, who couldn't stand the sight of aliens in Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull? Was The Last Crusade enough for you? Or you could be one of those Star Wars fans, who hated the prequels, and for you, Return Of The Jedi provided the perfect end for the most famous action/sci-fi saga of all time.

The Terminator series after Terminator 2.

I finally got round to watching Terminator Salvation last night. What a load of shit. I get that as a sequel/prequel (depending on how you view it in the time complex of the series) it has to make some allusion to the other films of the series, but it came across as such a weak effort.

Terminator 3 was such a monumental let-down too. When I first saw the teaser trailer for it, I was so excited that I'd be able to see a Terminator film in the cinema having only seen the first 2 on grainy VHS' that had been taped off of the TV, so they were edited versions too.

When I heard Linda Hamilton wasn't going to return, I was a bit dismayed as I really wanted to see how she would have evolved from the 2nd film. No joy there.

Ed Furlong as John Connor? Nope. At the time Ed seemed to be going through some issues, which, to my mind, may have given him the tools to really blow the next incarnation of John out of the water. The character is spending his years thinking about the future, paranoid about being tracked in an electronic system and just overall a very twitchy character.
Then here comes Nick fucking Stahl to make Connor look like a Gap sponsored douche.

But hey, Arnie is the star of the Terminator series, there's still hope! Until...
terminator-04272011.jpg

The only thing that the third film did, and I mean ONLY, is show where Connor was when the bombs went off. That's all. No-one can convince me there wasn't another way to have gotten Connor to a safe or even the same location that couldn't have been covered in an opening scene or shit, even a monologue in the next film.

The first two films are outstanding and are at 2 opposite ends of the film-making spectrum; The Terminator was a sci-fi B-movie that used model-work, dialogue and effects to their maximum to put across the story. Terminator 2 was, at the time, the most expensive film ever made and easily re-couped it's money as well as evolving the story, characters and effects.
Linda Hamilton starts as a shy push-over of a woman stuck in a go nowhere job who has to handle the news that she's the key to future. By the second film, she's locked away in a mental institution with no access to her son, but is still being driven to escape and prepare for impending disaster.
Arnie was perfectly cast as the ultimate unstoppable force, letting his actions do the talking for him. He surveys situations with his eyes leading the way and his head following the turn in a very machine-like way. He was so popular, he was made the hero of the second where he performs surrogate father duty to the hero of the revolution. Seriously, what other action star can claim to have had one of the most emotional moments in the genre and not make it seem contrived or out of place. You know the moment...
terminator-2-thumbs-up1.jpg

The first 2 are among the very best action films ever made and given how high the bar was raised by these films, I wish they had never tried to surpass them as it was just an impossible task that really highlights the gulf in class between them.

I liked Terminator Salvation (preferred it to 3, but thats not saying much) and thought Christian Bale was pretty good.

If I had to pick a film series to end it would be The original Batman series after Batman Forever

Say what you want about Batman Forever but I really enjoyed it, heck ts my second favourite Batman film out of that series (Batman 1989 being the first) to me it had a great blend of humour and darkness that worked.

Tommy Lee Jones being over the top as Two-Face worked because of the split personality. Jim Carrey as The Riddler worked because of his obsession with games and he incorporated it into the character. The comedy played with the insanity of both characters which I think worked.

Val Kilmer worked really well as Batman and did the tortured soul thing really well and Chris O Donnel actually did a good job as Robin.

Batman and Robin on the other hand, while I enjoy it for being so bad, they didn't put in any effort I thought just making it a load of puns, bad acting, whining and ******ed items (bat credit card)

[YOUTUBE]Cqon0nVWA4A[/YOUTUBE]

Say what you like about Batman Forever but at least it was similar to the films before it

So many, Dowds is spot on with Terminator. I'll go with Rocky after Rocky 2, Rocky finally beats Apollo, thats what those films were about and Carl Weathers still provides the most entertaining antagonist in the entire series, sure he's cool in Rocky 3, and I might even save that film, but quality wise the series stops at two.

Ever since then its, Rocky faces big block headed bruiser, great, but thats exactly what Rocky is, and how fucking stereotypical are Clubber and Ivan anyway, I know Apollo isnt a picture of uniqueness but Carl Weathers brought a force to that character that is severely lacking in future opponents. Yeah I just analysed the Rocky series.

The first thing that came to mind for me was stopping the Die Hard series after Die Hard With A Vengeance.

The first movie was a great action movie. It was fun and entertaining and one of the supreme action movies of all time IMO. Die Harder did not do nearly as well, but I enjoyed it. It wasn't as great a story as the first, or nearly as funny as the 3rd, but it was good enough for me to enjoy and I definitely would not want to remove it at the expense of the 3rd film. Die Hard With A Vengeance is just an all around fun movie. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson make a hilarious pairing. Jeremy Irons did good as the villian and it was a nice touch having him be Hans Gruber's brother in the end.

Funny thing about this is I actually enjoy the 4th film, Live Free or Die Hard. But I'm not so blind as I can't see it's flaws. The story wasn't great. Justin Long's part probably could have been cast better. And it was so over the top with some of the action sequences that you get the feeling if you need to save the world from anything, and I mean ANYTHING, John McLane (or perhaps Benjamin Gates, but that's another story) is your man. If this was really it, I might not even mention this series. However, there's already works going on for a 5th film and I have a hard time believing it is going to save the day. John McLane had a great run, but it should've ended after the 3rd film.

I am going to have to say American Pie, although the new "Reunion" may change my mind when I see it.

I loved the original trilogy, I thought they got funnier as they went on with more and more Stifler in each movie (one of the most hilarious characters of all time), but I thought the Wedding in number 3 brought Jim and Michelle's story to a logical end, and I liked that.

Then...all these shitty sequels start coming out straight to DVD..."Band Camp", "Beta House", "The Naked Mile", and they were all horrendous with NONE and I mean NONE of the original cast other than Jim's Dad. They were just an excuse to show a load of tits in a movie and cash in on the American Pie name.

However, now the original cast has all been reunited for 1 final movie, I expect it will be good. They all know their roles so well, and it will be fun to see how they have all got on in life since the wedding. Bringing back franchises like Die Hard, Rocky, Rambo, Fast and Furies etc have all been so successful in recent years, so I can see why the Reunion has been made, I just wish they had never made those shitty cash in sequels in the middle. I hate them!

Jaws. Never should have gone past Jaws 2. Jaws 3D just didn't work with the poor shark model, and Jaws 4: The Revenge was one of the worst films ever made. I get that they needed ONE sequel to cash in on the popularity of the first one. But, it should have ended there.

Superman. Superman 1 and 2 (Richard Donner version) were fantastic films. The rest were pieces of shit. Superman 3 and 4 were beyond ridiculous...enemy is giant computer for 3, and nuclear man, with one of the worst fights ever taking place on the moon for 4? FUCK YOU. Without Richard Donner, the series simply got BAD. I don't even mind Superman Returns so much, since it's continuity flat out ignores Superman 3 and 4, but if I had to choose, I would lose Superman Returns in a heartbeat if it meant completely erasing 3 and 4 too. Besides, if there is no Superman Returns, Bryan Singer stays on with X-Men franchise, and maybe X-Men 3 wouldn't have sucked.

Any of the "..... Movie" movies, such as "Date Movie," "Superhero Movie" etc. These movies are so profoundly unfunny that I would rather be waterboarded for 90 minutes than have to endure these steaming piles of cinematic horseshit. Case in point, "Date Movie" featured an almost five-minute clip of a cat taking a shit. Enough said. I'd like to take a shit on the producers who thought these movies were a good idea.

I'm not counting the original "Scary Movie" series because these were made by the Wayans brothers.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

End the Spiderman series and end The Matrix series before they make any other movies that was rumored.

I agree with Booker to end all those damn ".... Movie" movies too, nothing but poor cash grab.

As no-one has mentioned it so far, I'm going to pick another series. I would have stopped Romero's 'Dead' series after Land of the Dead.

I personally liked Land of the Dead, but the best messages came from the original trilogy; the racial undertones of Night, mindless consumerism impulses in Dawn and militaristic tunnel-vision in Day. Land's message was one of 'rich fear the poor' which at the time didn't seem as strong as the others perhaps, but given the current financial climate and hints at civil unrest in certain regions of the world, it's not a message that can be so easily dismissed.

One continuing narrative instrument in all the films has been the evolution and development of the zombies themselves. In Night, they were nothing special. In Dawn there was a subtle hint of growing intelligence when the Hari Krishna lady finds the survivors route to their room. Day was the major step forward, with that lovable oaf Bub stealing the spotlight and quite rightly so. The characters in Day just aren't as well drawn-out as they were in Dawn which perhaps explains why Bub received so much attention as the zombie who slowly learns how to perform certain basic tasks. Bub's story arc is perhaps the largest in the film as he goes from zombie, to subject, to 'son' (in a way) to hunter, as he is fueled with purpose to avenge the death of his mentor by Captain Rhodes.

The zombie evolution is carried on in Land as 'Big Daddy' followed in Bub's footsteps as a zombie that has developed (remembered?) some cognitive reasoning and applied it to use of tools and leadership. This isn't altogether too surprising given that Day was shot on a much tighter budget and some of the storyline fat had to be cut, so George could then use what was cut in Land.

Land may be a divisive film for some of the Romero/zombie traditionalists, but due to the continuing evolution from Day I feel it's a worthwhile film to include before the stopping point of Diary and Survival of the Dead.

I'd probably go with The Fast and Furious series. I heard that Fast and Furious 6 just got green lit which is just insane to me. I remember I had a friend who was crazy about fixing up his Intrepid and souping up the engine which I have no interest in but he dragged me to see the original Fast and Furious when it was in theaters. It was great besides the part where on our way home, obviously amped up by the movie, I wrecked my car. Anyways, when the second came out we went and saw that too. It wasn't a great movie but it wasn't terrible either. Of course, it's not like I was expecting a masterpiece but I could already sense a downturn in quality. The the third one, Tokyo Drift came out and I thought, "They've lost Vin Diesel and Paul Walker and made a third one with some random guy." I assumed it would bomb in theaters and that would be the end of it. I didn't even bother seeing any of the other ones. Now with the sixth one on the horizon and Rihanna being cast as the villain I just want to say, "STOP, please."

This one has bothered me for years, and for my second choice I'm going to choose Beverly Hills Cop, and I would've stopped the series at Beverly Hills Cop II.

Beverly Hills Cop II was a fantastic action/comedy film, and this sequel provided more laughs. Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, and John Ashton still shared some excellent chemistry, and Gilbert Hill is still hilarious as Inspector Todd. And Chris Rock's small part as the valet at the Playboy Mansion did provide one of the funnier moments in this one.

The mystery for this film was far more intriguing. I can still enjoy the original, but the mystery of the "Alphabet Crimes" is loaded with so many twists and turns. The Alphabet Crimes mystery is something that can catch my attention. It hooks me into the story, but the "I want revenge for my best friend's death" storyline in the 1984 original just feels so dull and bland.

Jürgen Prochnow wasn't the greatest villain, but still, he was a solid antagonist. And Bridgette Nielsen was THE perfect choice for Maxwell Dent's (Prochnow) henchwoman. Nielsen was this cold-blooded woman, who carried out Max's orders. She was an intelligent and calculating villain, who wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, and I always enjoy Nielsen's character in this film.

Also, Chief Lutz is still one of the most annoying characters I've seen in any type of film. He was such a jackass, and Allen Garfield's performance is very convincing. Lutz reeks havoc throughout Beverly Hills Cop II, but he finally got what he deserved in the end:

[YOUTUBE]3SLoG8B0HTg[/YOUTUBE]

Easily my favorite scene in the entire film, and Lutz took shots from all sides here.

Beverly Hills Cop II was fun and entertaining, and this film should be remembered as the best in the series. And then Beverly Hills Cop III had to come along and ruin everything. The R rating for this film felt so unnecessary. Sure, there's some cursing and a few shoot outs, but you can still feel the watered down PG-13 environment here, especially when you compare the third installment to the the first two films in the series. The humor is overwhelmingly cheesy. I always try to laugh, when I watch this film, but I can't. The Wonder World conspiracy was so silly and far fetched, and the absence of John Ashton really hurts this film.

And What happened to Billy Rosewood here? At the end of Beverly Hills Cop II, Rosewood FINALLY breaks out of his shell, as he stands up to Chief Lutz, but in Beverly Hills Cop III, he becomes the shy and soft-spoken wimp again??? His character takes a huge step backwards, and the regression really doesn't make that much sense here.

Also, Eddie Murphy did not deliver as Axel Foley. Axel was the livewire in the first two films. He was edgy, cocky, and Murphy always brought tons of energy to this character, but he just went through the motions here. Murphy didn't have that spark, and it really showed throughout the film. Eddie wasn't himself during the shooting for this film. His self-esteem took a big hit (the quality of his films began to take a huge dive), and he couldn't become the REAL Axel Foley.

Beverly Hills Cop III was an awful action/comedy. Capitalizing on the name value of the series is one thing, but Beverly Hills Cop III should've provided some good memories for fans. Instead, Beverly Hills Cop III will be remembered as the black sheep of the franchise. Hell, Eddie Murphy owns up to the many flaws in this one, and he's had his turn in bashing this film before. Beverly Hills Cop III signifies the downfall of the series and Murphy's career, and you have to watch Axel Foley die a slow and painful death here. It's just terrible.

I love how I come in this thread & start reading & most film franchises people want to put an end to are solid film franchises, that have entertained us all for years (Die Hard, Spidey, Batman, etc.). You'd think more people would take this opportunity to erase some of the more shitty film franchises that never ever seem to fucking die.

I have a few, the most obvious (and how this was not mentioned yet has me baffled) would be Star Wars. The original trilogy was amazing, shit still holds up, but god damn Eps. I-III were pretty fucking awful, granted Ep III was tolerable for the most part, but it's really the only one of the 3 movies that people really gave a fuck about, no cared what Vader was like as a kid, or how he grew up to become the emo-jedi master of douchebagery & fell in love with a princess, who apparently doesn't age at all while Anakin ages in dramatic fashion, they only wanted to see him become Vader. Unfortunately most of Ep.III was boring as fuck too. Personally I, like most Star Wars fans would just rather the prequels never existed.

Another one I was going to say was the Superman franchise, but Davi pretty much covered all my thoughts on that one.

The third franchise I'd like to see end is Transformers, really don't think I need to explain myself on this but here it goes. I didn't mind the first Transformers other than teh fact that during the action sequences it was hard to make out who was an Autobot, & who was a Decepticon, that was really my biggest complaint, other than that I felt it was a fun ride for the most part. The second one is where shit starting going south for me, first off it was waaaaay to fucking long, there is a shitload of crap in that movie that could have been edited out. Second was those annoying Ghettobots... seriously WTF Bay?, & finally my final complaint on the movie was the same thing that bothered me with the first, could decipher who was a Decepticon & who was an Autobot during the fight scenes. The Third movie was just a giant flaming pile of shit, there was nothing redeeming about this movie at all, I wanted to kill myself after paying & sitting through this monumental pile of shit. End this franchise & Micheal Bay after one.

Well a lot of the big franchises have been touched upon, but I'll bring up one of my favorite franchises, Alien.

A lot of people shit on Alien3, simply because it wasn't Aliens. If you know anything about the production nightmare with Fox, it's hardly the fault of the cast and crew. Hell, David Fincher has gone on to have a damn good movie career.

Alien 3 got a lot of shit, but it ended the series perfectly. The hero finally succumbed to the alien, but in the process was able to wipe out the entire species with her sacrifice.

Enter the steaming pile of dogshit known as Alien Resurrection. Truly one of the most awful movies ever made. Since then, we've been stuck with two shitty AVP movies. Hopefully Ridley Scott can save the franchise from the shit storm it has turned into.

Jurassic Park as well. Those two sequels were so damn awful.

Jurassic Park as well. Those two sequels were so damn awful.

Totally agree with you here. Jurassic Park is one of the best movies ever (in context). That movie took realistic special effects to a whole new level honestly, the dinosaurs looked so real and believable (at least I'm assuming that's what dinosaurs looked like) and was intense at the time and still is. Just an all-around unique film and so modern (wasn't like a bunch of cardboard cutouts and cartoony look dinos).

Then came the sequels. Both were total, utter garbage. I enjoyed seeing the dinosaurs but that's about it.

There's going to be a 4th one and it will allegedly "reboot" the series by focusing on the story rather than so much on the special effects and nothing else.

At any rate, the original should have been the only one made.

Anyone else think The Pirates of the Caribbean...? I mean, I loved the first one. Johnny Depp played Jack Sparrow amazingly. Probably my favorite character he's ever played. The movie ended so well also that ending it there would've been perfect really. Now I must admit after seeing the first one that I wanted to see more, but hindsight is always 20/20.

The second one came along and was pretty slow and average until the end. I loved the end with Geoffrey Rush coming back. That made me excited as hell to see the the third film.

Then the third film happened... :disappointed:

^ IMO the latest P.O.C. was the worst hands down

as for Film Series I'd can: SorgFamily beat me too it, I've seen the 1st two FAF Flicks and Fast 5 was down right dreadful

terribly acted with laughably bad dialogue, and worst of all it wasn't even over quick as this one had a running time over over 2 hours.

I also heard they're making a follow up to Fast 5, which I'm very disappointed about, but when you look at how much Fast 5 made, another sequel makes sense

^ IMO the latest P.O.C. was the worst hands down

as for Film Series I'd can: SorgFamily beat me too it, I've seen the 1st two FAF Flicks and Fast 5 was down right dreadful

terribly acted with laughably bad dialogue, and worst of all it wasn't even over quick as this one had a running time over over 2 hours.

I also heard they're making a follow up to Fast 5, which I'm very disappointed about, but when you look at how much Fast 5 made, another sequel makes sense

Yeah, notice how I didn't even mention the 4th film? I'd say the 3rd was the worst, but at that point the series was so far gone that the 4th film never shoud've happened.

well I missed Tokyo Drift, so I can only comment on 1-2 and Fast 5

shouldn't have happened true,, but that's the "problem" with Hollywood, even a poorly done movie can get a sequel if it grosses enough money

**but the subjectivity of movies is one of the thing I really like about em, there's a movie for just about everyone and not all movies will appeal to everyone

speaking of garbage movies, I remember in the FAQ for The Wrath of The Titans a question asked the first one wasn't well received, why are they making a sequel?

answer: because Clash of The Titans grossed $250 Million worldwide

As far as Pirates Of The Caribbean goes, The Curse Of The Black Pearl was phenomenal. Plenty of excitement, the humor was great, and it really was an all round great adventure/fantasy film. And Johnny Depp introduced us to one of the most entertaining characters you'll see in any film. Geoffrey Rush was an enjoyable villain, but Depp's performance was fantastic. Dead Man's Chest was decent enough, but At World's End one was one steaming pile of shit. The story was one giant clusterfuck. Confusing subplots, too many characters, and the ending was SO ambiguous. Such an awful film. On Stranger Tides was okay at best. This film had its moments, and I really enjoyed Ian McShane as Blackbeard. And for what it's worth, Penelope Cruz was pretty solid here.

But yeah, the Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise really took a big dive after the first film. Johnny Depp is the lone highlight in At World's End, and his performances as Captain Jack Sparrow really did save the other three films, because they would've been a lot worse without him. But Pirates Of The Caribbean has become a very reliable and lucrative cash cow franchise for Walt Disney, so we will see more of these films in the future.

I would've ended Pirates Of The Caribbean at Dead Man's Chest. Fuck the conclusion of the Davey Jones storyline. At World End's almost KILLED my desire to watch any future Pirates films. This film was suppose to provide a satisfying payoff, but At World's End just provided a painful experience for me. I could live without the closure, and stopping the Pirates series at Dead Man's Chest would've been a great choice. On Stranger Tides wasn't bad, but It wasn't anything to remember, so I wouldn't miss it at all. At World's End is the black sheep of the franchise, and if it were up to me, this travesty would never see any sort of release.

Another one I just thought of is the "Meet the Parents" franchise.

I loved the original one, "Meet the Parents." However, there really was no need for a sequel and then another sequel. The two sequels totally tarnished what was an otherwise good movie since now, whenever the original is brought up, people act like it sucks just because the other two sucked.

Meet the Parents didn't really end in a "cliffhanger" manner to the point where people were dying for a sequel. The sequels killed he series as a whole.

Another one is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." I would have ended it after the second one. I'm talking aobut the live action movies, not the cartoon movies.
I loved the first one and I actually liked the second one. The third one was total, total garbage. In fact, most people don't even remember there was a third one.

I would have to say Transformers. The two sequels sucked, the acting from several actors were terrible and the animation was good but not impressive, it got confusing at times and I didn't know who was was fighting. As far as storyline wise, the second one could have been soo good if they had finished it with the decepticons on top and ready to destroy the planet. This would of set up nicely for a nice finale in the third movie, but instead they squeezed in too much and ended up being a clusterf#$% of a movie.

Gonna use a bit of foresight as well, and say I'm not looking forward to the Avangers sequel. It was good and all but it didn't leave me wanting more and as far as someone who is not a major follower of the series they haven't exactly setup a lot for the next one apart from that alien guy.

I dont know how this hasnt been mentioned but if I could end any film series I would end Indiana Jones at The Last Crusade where it was meant to end and eliminate The Crystal Skull from movie history because that was a peice of crap. I have always loved Indiana Jones and I remember thinking it was so cool that another one was coming out, but after seeing Crystal Skull I wanted to stab my eyes. Indy as a trilogy was perfect but they went and made a fourth that soiled the legacy of one of the greatest series ever, so without a doubt I would get rid of that movie.

I'd end the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series after the second one. Those first 2 films were staples of my childhood and I can still watch that shit to this day. The 3rd one blew ass. Even as a kid I thought it was ******ed.

The latest animated flick is pretty decent, but I'd sacrifice it just to throw a preemptive strike at the abortion Michael Bay is about to slop out here soon. They're not fucking aliens!!!

Surprised no one has said so yet, but.. Twilight. The first one was the typical mediocre teenie bopper style flick. Bearable, if consuming massive quantities of alcohol. The second twilight.... :banghead: I would describe it as a perfect method of torture. Maybe the NSA and CIA could use this instead of other methods of extracting information from terrorists. The third, I couldn't be persuaded to watch. I saw the previews for the newest one in theaters the other day.
:die:

My big problem is, most movies you can avoid. But twilight is so advertised. Scares meh.

If you hate twilight as much as I do, read this, it is so funny...
100 Reasons Why Twilight Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back