• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you could create a WWE PPV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
We are coming to another year of WWE pay per view's that are at the number of 12. And the WWE continues to shuffle up the PPV's and debut new one's like Payback and Battleground. With defunct PPV's like No Way Out, Capitol Punishment, and Fatal 4-Way getting thrown out. But if you worked for the WWE in the creative department. What would you name this new WWE PPV? And what kind of gimmick PPV would it be since the WWE is big on gimmick PPV's?

Me I would be left without words if I were given the power to do so working in the WWE creative department. But in your own opinion, if you could create a WWE PPV what would it be?

Its good too see a fresh thread....

If I could create a Pay Per View it would take place in July thus setting up for Summerslam. It would be called #1 Contender. Basically a tournament style event much like King Of The Ring giving the winner a shot at the Champion at Summerslam. You could throw in a few other matches so its not all Tournament based.

i would change the pay per view line up and have some more reconizable names such as:
January - Royal Rumble
February - SuperBrawl
March - WrestleMania
April - Spring Stampede
May - Uncensored
June - Wrestle War
July - Great American Bash
August - SummerSlam
September - Fall Brawl
October - Halloween Havoc
November - Survivor Series
December - Starcade

i would change the pay per view line up and have some more reconizable names such as:
January - Royal Rumble
February - SuperBrawl
March - WrestleMania
April - Spring Stampede
May - Uncensored
June - Wrestle War
July - Great American Bash
August - SummerSlam
September - Fall Brawl
October - Halloween Havoc
November - Survivor Series
December - Starcade

You actually list wcw ppv with top wwe ppv. So you think other ppv are not worth. I wont agree with you.

My opinion is put elimination chamber for july ppv to determined the no 1 contender for summerslam. Bcoz 6 top superstars battle for title shot make sense for ss. The losser of the title shot will enter as no one spot. other spots will determined with a tournament in raw before ec.

In febuary put vengeance. It means royal rumble eliminations creates new story. So wrestlers got vengeance against their eliminators.

Payback means aftermath of wm so the loosers need some payback

I like kotr tournament. It gives every year a new king and a main eventer.

At battleground we have hell in a cell match, last man standing match, iron man match, i quit match based on the wrestlers fued.

Instead tlc they named extreme rules bcoz tlc comes under extreme rules.

My list are
Jan royal rumble
Feb vengeance
Apr wrestlemania
May pay back
Jun king of the ring
Jul elimination chamber
Aug summerslam
Sep mitb
Oct night of champions
oct battleground
Nov survivor series
Dec extreme rules

Not against most of these...but I'd rename Elimination Chamber as NO WAY OUT...it just make more sense for a non-escapable cage match. Since the two top belts are now one...February is not needed for that PPV. It made sense that you take care of the WM main event by getting the other belt's contender...but now it needs to be in December.

Why? Its the last PPV of the year. It has a multitude of contenders which will set up Rumble storylines...

Bring back KOTR in July to have the King challenge at SummerSlam. Move Extreme Rules to Feb/March as your rivalries intensifies before Mainia....

My Calendar (and why):
late Jan- Royal Rumble (tradition/yearly kickoff/"All-Star Game"
Feb or late March- Extreme Rules (settles Rumble feuds/preps Mainia)
April- Wrestlemainia
late May- Payback or Vengeance (self explanatory in title/settles Mainia feuds)
mid July- King of the Ring (sets up your Summer no.1 Contender)
August- Summerslam
September- Night of Champions (celebrates all of this years Champions)
October- Money in the Bank (gets your fall Contender)
November- Survivor Series
December- No Way Out (Elimination Chamber PPV-settles all feuds and sets up the Rumble challenger)

Not against most of these...but I'd rename Elimination Chamber as NO WAY OUT...it just make more sense for a non-escapable cage match. Since the two top belts are now one...February is not needed for that PPV. It made sense that you take care of the WM main event by getting the other belt's contender...but now it needs to be in December.

Why? Its the last PPV of the year. It has a multitude of contenders which will set up Rumble storylines...

Bring back KOTR in July to have the King challenge at SummerSlam. Move Extreme Rules to Feb/March as your rivalries intensifies before Mainia....

My Calendar (and why):
late Jan- Royal Rumble (tradition/yearly kickoff/"All-Star Game"
Feb or late March- Extreme Rules (settles Rumble feuds/preps Mainia)
April- Wrestlemainia
late May- Payback or Vengeance (self explanatory in title/settles Mainia feuds)
mid July- King of the Ring (sets up your Summer no.1 Contender)
August- Summerslam
September- Night of Champions (celebrates all of this years Champions)
October- Money in the Bank (gets your fall Contender)
November- Survivor Series
December- No Way Out (Elimination Chamber PPV-settles all feuds and sets up the Rumble challenger)

It's still called No Way Out in Germany. WWE doesn't like advertising Elimination Chambers all over German TV.

I like your layout, but I was always one who thought they should do the King of the Ring tournament during WM season and crown the winner at WrestleMania. Even while it had its own PPV, KotR started losing its importance in its final days. Having the winner crowned at Mania would be a big deal. I'd really like to see Sandow or Barrett win it on the big stage.

Money in the Bank for a Survivor Series contender shot is a terrible idea. I'm sorry dude, but MitB is for a whenever-you-want title shot. Changing it to just another contender match is a terrible downgrade.

I'd go about it like this:

1. Royal Rumble (Late January)

Move the Rumble about a week or two later into early February. The Road to WrestleMania has been hideously long and drawn out in the past, and could really benefit from moving the Rumble a little later. The winner obviously goes on to WrestleMania to face the World Champion.

2. Night of Champions (Late February)

A special attraction show between the Rumble and Mania putting over the current champions who will go into SS as well as putting over the "title hunt" aspect of wrestling by focusing on all the people who want to be champion. Maybe add some sort of multi-man match between guys who've NEVER held a title to face off for a chance at the IC Champion at Mania. It would really put over the IC title.

3. WrestleMania (Late March)

After Mania, I'd begin the King of the Ring tournament, with the semi-finals being decided at Night of Champions. The finals will be held at Mania along with the traditional special attraction matches and big time main events. Frankly, I'd add 30 minutes to the show making it 4:30. Adds more time for longer matches.

4. Backlash (Late April)

Bring it back! All the feuds will be settled once and for all, while other feuds will begin. We can put all the hardcore rematches here but still keep some singles matches as well.

5. Money in the Bank (Late May)

I would have two Money in the Bank ladder matches. One for World title briefcase and one for a tag title briefcase. Because of the tag team dynamic, the second match will be plenty different from the main one. 8 men in the World title Money in the Bank and 4 teams in the tag.

6. Survivor Series (Late June)

Move Survivor Series to July. I know it's controversial, but the show is only getting fewer and fewer buys every year. It's current placement is not working. I'd change the show up. Make it similar to WCW's Battle Bowl, but instead of 2-on-2 matches, it's 4-on-4 Survivor Series elimination matches. All the survivors will meet at the end in a Survivor Series battle royal and the "Sole Survivor" will go on to SummerSlam to face the World Champion. I think this new gimmick could work and spice up the Survivor Series buys.

7. SummerSlam (Late July)

The biggest show of the Summer with all of its events. Having a PPV where the winner gets a shot at SummerSlam will make it feel even bigger and hopefully it can build up to be closer to the feeling of WrestleMania. With so many part-timers joining WWE, I'd have some work WM and some work SummerSlam but NO ONE works both. SummerSlam will feel like it's own big deal, and if you want to catch both Rock and Brock, you're going to have to buy both shows in the year.

Also, WWE can't get away with bikini battle royals anymore on regular a basis due to PG, but Summer-time is a perfect excuse to have a yearly bikini battle royal on the big show.

8. Vengeance (Late August)

Just like Backlash settles all the spring feuds, Vengeance will settle all the summer feuds, as well as starting some new ones. Add whatever specialty matches fit the stories at the time.

9. Elimination Chamber (Late September)

Bring in the top guys coming out of the Summer to face off in the Elimination Chamber for a World title shot at Starrcade. It would really put over the returning PPV.

10. Halloween Havoc (Late October)

Bring back WCW's Halloween-themed PPV. It's just a really cool gimmick. It doesn't really affect the card, but the build-up and promotion can be a lot funner. It would be cool if they could get Undertaker to come back for Halloween Havoc along with Mania but I'm guessing that's out of the question. The Wyatt Family could be the creepy focus of the show though. Had they not released Knuckles, he could have also been a cool addition to this show.

11. Starrcade (Late November)

Bring back WCW's biggest PPV and put it over as the Mania of the fall with its own events. You can bring in Goldberg once a year for a match too, as well as Booker T and Rey. WWE doesn't seem like they want to bring back the cruiserweight title, but they can have a Cruiserweight Open at the big show in honor of WCW's division. You can also have a huge War Games match at the show too. Pushing WCW on TV now doesn't seem very topical, but WWE continues to release WCW DVDs every year. There's going to come a day when people have forgotten WCW and those DVDs won't sell. By keeping it in the conversation once a year, they can keep monetizing their huge library.

12. New Year's Revolution (Late December/Early January)

Either on the last week of December, or first week of January, you put on the big show to either end or start the new year. All feuds of the fall would be settled and the Road to WrestleMania will begin. Like Backlash and Vengeance, whatever specialty matches that fit the story should be added to the show.

Ok, so if we are to assume that the E not going to stay the course and not re-hash old WCW PPVs, and that they want to maintain a minimum of one a month, here's how I'd use the schedule:

January: Royal Rumble- has to stay in January as it starts out the road to Mania. With one big title now, we know the title that person will challenge for.

February: Night of Champions- last chance for a shake up before Mania. I'd have the Rumble winner involved in the card in some way, possibly as the guest ref in the Title match, or in a tag match of some kind. There should be minimal "challenge for the title match" BS. Since there is only one big title, then, there is no need for EC to be here. Also, I'd do a set formula where the title is defended against the last person to hold it before the current champ, regardless of how long it's been.

March (late/ first week of April): Mania- don't change it.

April (3 week build): Payback/ Backlash- Blow off anything that doesn't finish at Mania and continue anything that starts at Mania.

May: Money in the Bank- There needs to be a means to start new rivalries. What better way than a big multi- man match that involves top stars. Also, since it's not a bad idea having a couple of really long matches on this card, I'd do a MiTB Tag match as well.

June: Elimination Chamber: Winner gets the title match at SummerSlam.

July: New Beginnings: we know who the title challenger will be for EC, so this is kind of a holding pattern at the top of the card. So..... This whole PPV is built arou d the idea of title challengers who have never fought for that belt before.

August: SummerSlam: Headlined by EC winner vs champ.

September: Vengeance: Just like the Payback/Backlash idea, it'll be used for anything unfinished out of SS.

October: TLC: I'm a sucker for this PPV, and I'd keep it, but put it here. I'd like to see the Main attraction of a TLC match be for the title, but always have a ladder match for the Number 1 contender at Survivor Series.

November: Survivor Series- if this network gets off the ground, I'd move this back to Thanksgiving night, and do all but the title match as tag elimination matches.

December: Old School: Look we have all had varying degrees of like for the nostalgia pops. Why not do a PPV where the angle is that a group of HoFers get together and "make the matches"? Do a gimmick BR as an attraction match, and have a few old timers second correct guys.

I had high hopes when there was a possibility that there would be three seperate shows under the management umbrella of Titan Sports. For a brief moment it seemed like the WWF, WCW and ECW would all have their own programs when Vince absorbed all of his major competitors.

WWE often resurrects old WCW PPVs. I think it would make sense, given the scenario where two of the big three companies were allowed to continue on, if they brought back World War 3. Three worlds of sports entertianment colliding on one night, and not in that fucking stupid three ring battle royal.

The matches would all be booked for the sake of recognizing the best of the best, though it would be a night of three way dances. Every company would have equivalent titles and the holders of those belts would all compete in triple threat matches to determine who could cut a year's worth of promos calling theirself a champion of champions. No titles would change hands, so the only thing at stake would be reputation for which the most popular performers wouldn't have to worry about losing. Face champs could job as a means of securing favorable angles as penance.

I had high hopes when there was a possibility that there would be three seperate shows under the management umbrella of Titan Sports. For a brief moment it seemed like the WWF, WCW and ECW would all have their own programs when Vince absorbed all of his major competitors.

WWE often resurrects old WCW PPVs. I think it would make sense, given the scenario where two of the big three companies were allowed to continue on, if they brought back World War 3. Three worlds of sports entertianment colliding on one night, and not in that fucking stupid three ring battle royal.

The matches would all be booked for the sake of recognizing the best of the best, though it would be a night of three way dances. Every company would have equivalent titles and the holders of those belts would all compete in triple threat matches to determine who could cut a year's worth of promos calling theirself a champion of champions. No titles would change hands, so the only thing at stake would be reputation for which the most popular performers wouldn't have to worry about losing. Face champs could job as a means of securing favorable angles as penance.

Ummmm, often means more than one, you know, right? The E brought back Great American Bash for a couple of years and then to distance themselves from WCW/NWA, changed the name to The Bash. They did it once, not often and didn't even stick with it.

The issue with two of the more unique concepts WCW had, WarGames and WW3, is that you lose a bunch of floor seating by having two and three rings respectively. Vince has said publicly that this is why he doesn't want to do the WarGames match. Of course, he isn't going to come out and say that his ego won't allow him to use it, so he says this. Now, yes, HiTC and EC take up extra space, BUT, when you're paying top dollar for a ring side seat and you have to watch half the matches through another ring, logistically, you can't really charge as much for those same ring side and floor seats anyway.

Late January - Royal Rumble: Don't change it, it's fine.

Late February - King of the Ring: Among the Wrestlemania set-up feuds, the tournament participants are announced and the first round takes place.

Late March/Early April -
[YOUTUBE]Qvqfr-L_rJc[/YOUTUBE]

I had to. Oh yeah, and the KotR finals are here.

Late April - Backlash: Allows for Wrestlemania feuds to be resolved, etc.

Late May - Money in the Bank: You don't need a midcard briefcase just yet. Let's see how well we can work with one of those things running around for once.

Late June - Cyber Sunday: Take advantage of the WWE app for an entire night instead of for just one match or what (not) to call a championship.

Late July - Night of Champions: AND PUT THE DAMN BRIEFCASE ON THE LINE! A guaranteed shot at a championship should be on the same level as a championship.

Late August - Summerslam: Or as I like to call it, Summermania.

Late September - Extreme Rules: Live from Philadelphia. As it should be every year.

Late October - Armageddon: This is where you have all your cage matches and HiaC's and maybe an Inferno if you're in the mood for it.

Late November - Survivor Series: Sure it's not what it used to be, but it's still one of the big 4 when it comes to the company's history, so keep it in there.

Late December - No Way Out: This is where the Elimination CHamber comes into play.

Here's my PPV line up.

January- Royal Rumble.
I think it would be cool if one year the WWE Champion has to defend the title in the Rumble. Maybe thel champion gets thrown in as punishment, or is a fighting champion and feels the champion should always win the biggest fight of the night.

February- Clash of the Champions.
It's too good of a name for a big wrestling PPV event for Vince McMahon's ego to allow to gather dust. He owns WCW and should use it to his advantage. As a businessman, he should recognize the catchiness of a name like "Clash of the Champions." This would be another good name to build towards Wrestlemania.

On a side note, Awesome Kong was too also good of a name to not keep. If she comes back they should bridge back to it by calling her "Awesome" Kharma Kong.

March- Wrestlemania.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stays as is.

April- One Night Stand.
Again too good of a name to let go the way of the dodo. They can hype it as "One Night Only Wrestlemania Rematches" and other fallout from Wrestlemania.

May- Bash at the Beach.
I forget if this is one of the rare names Vince actually was smart to retain the rights to or if I'm confusing it with the Great American Bash. But I do remember a PPV poster with Torrie Wilson when they brought one of those PPVs back.

June- King of the Ring.
Bring back this gimmick and give the winner a title shot at Summerslam. The WWE does have enough wrestlers to pull off quality matches in tournament. Like Daniel Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Kofi, Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Swagger, and others can all put on quality matches to give the tournament a big event feel.

This way Summerslam can get a couple month build up like Wrestlemania. Summerslam is the number two PPV and this will help build momentum.

July- The Great American Bash.
WCW just had a lot of great names for PPVs. I think I heard Dusty Rhodes came up with all of them.

August- Summerslam.
Classic and one of the big four PPVs that the WWE has.

September- War Games, or any other gimmick PPV a la Money in the Bank, TLC, Hell In A Cell, Elimination Chamber.
The gimmick matches should be used sparingly so that they're not watered down.

Plus, talent doesn't have to plan crazy stunts every month and be risking constant exposure to injury. The 300 day schedule made more sense in the past when arm bars were the norm, top rope moves were illegal, and a body slam was a "high risk manuever."

October- Halloween Havoc. The same way Rey Mysterio has had a comic book theme at Wrestlemania, I think it would be a great idea for a PPV gimmick. And not limit the idea to just comic books but all media. WWE could spoof current movies and fads, just make fun of Hollywood.

They could paint the Big Show yellow like Homer Simpson and fight Brodus Clay as Peter Griffin. Or maybe the wrestlers could have a theme to their trunks, like HHH in purple and red like Magneto. Then they can be downloaded for WWE '15 video games.

November- Survivor Series.
The last of the Big Four has had some slow buy rates in the past but Vince can pull a Coke/New Coke swindle. Replace it one year and bum people out. This way when the Survivor Series returns it will drum up excitement. Maybe replace it with a Black Friday PPV or at least have a Smackdown cable event.

December- Starrcade.
This was WCW's PPV and is too big and too important to forget. The WWE should bring it back as a gimmick PPV celebrating professional wrestling's rich history with allusions and tribute matches.

John Cena could were yellow jean shorts with red wrist bands and red shoes. CM Punk could bring out the pink tights that he wore a la Macho Man.

Curtis Axel could wear the old baby blue and black singlet like his father. Cody Rhodes and Goldust could bring back the black and yellow polka dots.

Ryback could flat out walk out to Goldberg's theme and pyro. Santino could bring back the Bushwalker strut.

Wrestlers could also bring back old gimmicks. Daniel Bryan could go back to "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson. Booker T could bring back the GI Bro gimmick.

Here's mine.

January - Rumble (Always a good PPV)

February - No Way Out (Should focus on cages or even the chamber. The idea is to get a feud so hot that tit basically expands the feuds into Mania.)

March - Mania (I think feuds should always end here. Big feuds of the year end here)

April - Night of Champions (A night to celebrate the changes of Mania and the new year by celebrating champions)

May - Money in the Bank (It's a way to give a briefcase over a full summer)

June - King of the Ring (This PPV not only makes matches mean something on Raw or Smackdown, but it creates a star who is then King of the Ring. That should give someone a solid push going through the summer. I also think this should secure a Title shot at Summerslam)

July - Bash at the Beach (Solid event in the middle of the summer to build feuds and the King of Ring or MITB going into Summerslam)

August - Summerslam (Major swerve in year storylines or culmination of summer builds and feuds.)

September - Survivor Series (Survivor Series can create new feuds and so can the elimination matches. They can set up teams and make splits that are necessary. Basically the Backlash or Summerslam)

October - Halloween Havoc (I liked this PPV growing up. A chamber could always go here to decide the title match at Starrcade)

November - TLC (Can always be a way to escalate a feud with a title change, or a MITB match for the contract or a mid card title TLC match. Which is something we haven't seen done for a long time. )

December - Starrcade (A way to set up the road to Mania. Reestablish feuds going into the Rumble. End whatever needs to be ended and start building to Mania.

Most of you aren't even answering the question. He didn't ask what your ppv calendar would look like. And he didn't ask which defunct ppvs you would bring back. He said to create a new ppv. As in original.

The #1 Contender idea is awesome, now as far as the tournament to fight the wwe world heavyweight champion at summer slam is a good idea, if this were to become a ppv event in the future , and if wwe don't want to have a tournament then have all matches be # 1 Contender Matches , just like night of champions are all championship matches . some # 1 contender matches can be battle royals , fatal 4 ways , triple threat , six pack challenge ( even if they want to bring that match back ) , last man standing, tlc , ladder , ect .

If they WWE revives WCW ppv's the ones revived should be, in my top 5 WCW ppv's (that I loved in WCW ) I am listing them in order I feel how great they were, not by months :

5 - Uncensored ( this could easily replace Extreme Rules )
4- Instead of Fall Brawl , just have WWE Call it War Games ( it could either replace Battle Ground or I don't think it would be happen but this could be used to replace Survivor Series ) .
3- Halloween Havoc ( this was a very cool PPV for WCW back in the day )
2- Great American Bash ( I liked this in WCW , WWE tried it but it was unsuccessful with the WWE universe at the time , but I would love to see it get one more chance for revival , maybe WWE will get it right this time . )
1- Starrcade ( Replace TLC if the WWE wants to , and just move TLC to another month if they want )

Since when did "create a NEW PPV brand" mean the same thing as "what old PPV brand would you bring back"? Closed due to lack of on topic posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back